Windows 10: Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

Discus and support Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used to work on my PC which had a C Drive (partitioned with Windows and Ubuntu) alongside an E drive for other storage. I deleted the Ubuntu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SebMedo, Aug 6, 2018.

1. SebMedo Win User

Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

I used to work on my PC which had a C Drive (partitioned with Windows and Ubuntu) alongside an E drive for other storage. I deleted the Ubuntu partition and after rebooting the system, it told me that there was a grub error - 'Error: no such partition". After looking up what this might be, it seemed to be that the Ubuntu partition included some of what was needed to boot Windows 10. How can I solve this? I have tried bootrec.exe /FixMbr, which said that it was successful, bit then when I tried bootrec.exe /FixBoot, it said 'Access Denied'. What can I do? Thanks in advance.

:)

SebMedo, Aug 6, 2018
  2. AvivElor Win User

Windows cannot boot after deleting Ubuntu Partition

Windows won't boot. I deleted my Linux Ubuntu partition and now my computer only boots in Grub Rescue. No partitons are recognized, I installed Windows 10 loader on a USB and tried to repair my computer using the USB through reinstalling Windoes 10.
    The startup repair doesn't work... How do I fix my computer so it boots in Windows 10???

Thanks!

AvivElor, Aug 6, 2018
  3. Dual boot with Ubuntu

Are you booting from a Grub loader or from the win loader? It will not delete the Ubuntu partition or data but you may have to re-install the loader if it is Grub/Ubuntu

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Aug 6, 2018
  4. Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

Windows 10 Installer deletes linux partition

I have a Ubuntu and windows dual-boot and while upgrading to widows 10 during one of the restarts grub wouldn't boot a partition and went into recovery so I used a Ubuntu live CD and GParted informed
    me that my linux partition was missing. It was listed as un-allocated. This means that the Windows 10 installer deleted that partition. (The helpdesk told me to post it here)

dutchessssssss, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition

1. Cannot Boot After Deleting Ubuntu Partition - Similar Threads - Cannot Boot Deleting

2. Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions: Hello, so yesterday I want to delete my ubuntu dualboot from my system, so I just format the partition of the ubuntu, But after I restart my laptop, I've found that now I can't boot up into windows, sometimes I got an error like, No such filesystem, or simply my laptop would...
  3. Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions: Hello, so yesterday I want to delete my ubuntu dualboot from my system, so I just format the partition of the ubuntu, But after I restart my laptop, I've found that now I can't boot up into windows, sometimes I got an error like, No such filesystem, or simply my laptop would...
  4. Bootlooping issues after deleting ubuntu partitions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition: I had my system set up with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided to only use Windows on this PC and deleted the Ubuntu partition, thinking I could just boot up Windows afterwards...There are many tutorials out there that I tried, but nothing helped. I KNOW that a clean...
  6. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition: I had my system set up with both Windows 10 and Ubuntu. I decided to only use Windows on this PC and deleted the Ubuntu partition, thinking I could just boot up Windows afterwards...There are many tutorials out there that I tried, but nothing helped. I KNOW that a clean...
  7. WIN10 Repairing bootloader after deleting second Ubuntu partition

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Safe to delete an intermediate partition in Windows 10 for dual booting with Ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Safe to delete an intermediate partition in Windows 10 for dual booting with Ubuntu: My laptop uses MBR partition scheme. Currently, there are 5 partitions on my disk, 3 of them are primary partitions. picture given below I am planning to install Ubuntu 20.04 on one of the partitions. Do I need a primary partition to install Ubuntu? In that case, I would...
  9. Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installed ubuntu then deleted ubuntu. Now won't boot: I realize I'll get a lot of comments about m my IQ. I installed ubuntu through the store on my hp eebook. I could not get it to work because it was the wrong version for what i was trying to load. Go into windows and delete folder of ubuntu. Bad idea. Now can't load anything....
  10. merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    merging partitions after dual boot ubuntu: after dual booting win and linıx icant merge two partittions and after this disclaimer it gives this error [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/merging-partitions-after-dual-boot-ubuntu/fd74f858-cb1f-418e-8ad3-b865fa8a4f22