Windows 10: Cannot boot at all after Windows Update

Discus and support Cannot boot at all after Windows Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I shut my computer off yesterday, it had an automatic update. I tried turning it on today and it immediately tried doing an automatic repair,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 2016jmiller, Oct 16, 2020.

1. Cannot boot at all after Windows Update

When I shut my computer off yesterday, it had an automatic update. I tried turning it on today and it immediately tried doing an automatic repair, which then failed and took me to a blue menu with repair options. I feel like I've tried every option, and will post the results of each below. I can't even boot into safe mode, or boot from a USB flash drive. Any help would be appreciated, I'm almost certain it's because of the update. Unfortunately I don't know how to include my Windows Version number, as I can't access much.

• Startup Repair: Fails and returns to the same menu.
    • Uninstall Updates: Both options run into problems and cannot remove updates.
    • System Restore: No points to go back to, which I wasn't aware of until now.
    • Command Prompt: I seem to have limited access to it, I don't remember which command it was but one said Access Denied.
    • System Image Recovery: Cannot find a system image.
    • Reset this PC: It will get to 1%, then immediately undo the changes.

:)

2016jmiller, Oct 16, 2020

2. Windows XP Error: Could not Boot after update

repairing windows will just fix any damaged files, id suggest taking off your over clocking settings the try booting in, maybe when you updated you also updated some censoring device which is now causing you a problem with your over clock settings.

jocksteeluk, Oct 16, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Oct 16, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Cannot boot at all after Windows Update

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cannot boot at all after Windows Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Cannot boot at all after Windows Update

1. Cannot boot at all after Windows Update - Similar Threads - Cannot boot Update

2. Cannot get windows to boot at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get windows to boot at all: Hello. I was downloading windows server 2019 for class on my home computer. Once the computer restarted I got prompted to command prompt and windows will not start up at all. I can’t see anything but command prompt and no command will start windows. Help!!...
  3. Cannot get windows to boot at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get windows to boot at all: Hello. I was downloading windows server 2019 for class on my home computer. Once the computer restarted I got prompted to command prompt and windows will not start up at all. I can’t see anything but command prompt and no command will start windows. Help!!...
  4. Cannot get windows to boot at all

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot boot after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot after update: Updated windows 10 last night and this morning found I could not boot up my laptop Have tried a few options in the startup repair menu Stop code says inaccessible boot device Have run chkdsk, says it found some errors in uppercase chkdsk /f did not run Any help...
  6. Cannot Boot Into Windows 10 After Update

Cannot Boot Into Windows 10 After Update: Computer will not boot into Windows. I ran computer diagnostics and the computer is fine. This appears to have been after a Windows update. I am unable to perform any Troubleshooting as the program indicates it is unable to do so. Cannot restore, cannot so Start Up...
  7. Windows cannot boot after today's update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows cannot boot after today's update: I think what happened is after today's update all of a sudden windows wants to boot from a different disk drive, though I'm not sure why. In bios it is set to boot from my boot drive. Window 10 boot error - Album on Imgur As you can see Window Boot Repair is trying to use...
  8. I cannot boot Windows after update

I cannot boot Windows after update: After the latest Windows update I cannot boot my computer. All steps that I do leads me to the page where I should perform a system restore, go back to previous version, do startup repair etc. So I cannot troubleshoot...
  9. Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers: Edit: I gave up trying to fix the issue and reverted to a backup of my PC from last month. Sorry in advance but this will be a long post to detail my issue. Background: Yesterday I updated from AMD's 17.11.1 graphics driver to 17.12.1 and immediately started...
  10. Cannot Boot at All

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot Boot at All: So, my computer gets stuck at the spinning circle on boot. Nothing else happens. I've tried doing a system restore via USB, but is unable to because it has some issue with the hard drive. It told me to run chkdsk c: /r. I did and it finished in about an hour. On the first...