Windows 10: Cannot boot from fresh install SSD

Discus and support Cannot boot from fresh install SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought SSD Samsung 860 evo recently and I want to use it to store the OS instead of my old HDD I try using the application out there to migrate OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by puttimeth suppawawisit, Jan 3, 2021.

1. Cannot boot from fresh install SSD

I bought SSD Samsung 860 evo recently and I want to use it to store the OS instead of my old HDD

I try using the application out there to migrate OS but there's sector problem so I decide to fresh install

I did just like the forum said, first I create bootable device which is USB and go to BIOS, I clean the SSD and install windows 10 without any error

But the problem is when I try to boot from SSD, it show the black screen with cursor and then cut to the bootable device. If I'm not wrong, it's because it cannot find windows right?

This is the list I have done already.

- the SSD is already in GPT but the HDD is in MBR and I'm not sure is that a problem

- I'm using Asrock h310m-hdv as a main board and I just update the BIOS like today, the BIOS have no option for AHCI but from what I search, the default is already AHCI

- I set the BIOS to UEFI

- when I install windows, I have only SSD connect to the system

- secure boot, fast boot is turn off

- I try switch cable for SSD and HDD and also change port, the result is HDD still working but not for SDD.

Other Info

- in the BIOS there's no windows boot manager in the options, it have only the SSD, HDD and bootable device. But I'm not sure is this normal or something because I see in other forum that it's normal to have boot from windows boot manager when dealing with UEFI.

- I'm pretty sure SSD is not broken because I used it as storage before

More info

This is the file system of SSD after I install windows HDD is C:/ and SSD is D:/

Cannot boot from fresh install SSD d0937d4e-0d06-40b7-a526-8857750bd8d5?upload=true.png

and this is respond for command 'bcdedit'

Windows Boot Manager

--------------------

identifier {bootmgr}

device partition=C:

description Windows Boot Manager

locale en-us

inherit {globalsettings}

default {default}

resumeobject {78f0c8b7-4c41-11eb-81ec-ec4f121edda8}

displayorder {default}

{78f0c8b6-4c41-11eb-81ec-ec4f121edda8}

toolsdisplayorder {memdiag}

timeout 30

Windows Boot Loader

-------------------

identifier {default}

device partition=C:

path \Windows\system32\winload.exe

description Windows 10

locale en-us

inherit {bootloadersettings}

allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075

osdevice partition=C:

systemroot \Windows

resumeobject {78f0c8b7-4c41-11eb-81ec-ec4f121edda8}

nx OptIn

bootmenupolicy Standard

Windows Boot Loader

-------------------

identifier {78f0c8b6-4c41-11eb-81ec-ec4f121edda8}

device partition=D:

path \Windows\system32\winload.exe

description Windows 10

locale en-us

inherit {bootloadersettings}

allowedinmemorysettings 0x15000075

osdevice partition=D:

systemroot \Windows

resumeobject {78f0c8b5-4c41-11eb-81ec-ec4f121edda8}

nx OptIn

bootmenupolicy Standard

Thanks in advance.

:)

puttimeth suppawawisit, Jan 3, 2021
Thema:

Cannot boot from fresh install SSD

1. Cannot boot from fresh install SSD - Similar Threads - Cannot boot fresh

2. Cannot boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot from SSD: I have an Asus G751JY. I went to sleep one night, and the next day I woke up to BIOS and the boot drive m.2 ssd dissappeared. I've tried everything from command line to disabling secure boot and fast boot and enabling csm. Reseated the drive. nothing. As it appears, the drive...
  3. Cannot boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot from SSD: I have an Asus G751JY. I went to sleep one night, and the next day I woke up to BIOS and the boot drive m.2 ssd dissappeared. I've tried everything from command line to disabling secure boot and fast boot and enabling csm. Reseated the drive. nothing. As it appears, the drive...
  4. Cannot boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Cannot boot from SSD / GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot from SSD / GPT: I have just upgraded the motherboard on my computer, and installed a new SSD disk. Used Aomei to clone the old system to the new disk, which seemed to work ok, but when I reformatted the old system disk to use it for data, system refuse to boot with error message "A required...
  6. Cannot boot from SSD / GPT

Cannot boot from SSD / GPT: I have just upgraded the motherboard on my computer, and installed a new SSD disk. Used Aomei to clone the old system to the new disk, which seemed to work ok, but when I reformatted the old system disk to use it for data, system refuse to boot with error message "A required...
  7. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  8. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot: I have Windows 10 Home in a SSD. I have a new SSD with greater capacity. I intend to mount the new SSD in my system with the current SSD. I want to install Windows 10 onto the new SSD and then dual-boot the two systems. I think that is possible.If someone can guide me to...
  9. Fresh install to internal SSD and dual-boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Slow Boot on Fresh Install with SSD (3-5min+): Hi, I have been experiencing delayed boot times on my PC for a while and decided to just do a factory reset in hopes of remedying the issue. The issue still persists so I am seeking @zinou 's help in analyzing the ETL Boot Trace file after reading multiple threads on here...