Windows 10: Cannot boot from SSD after replacing HDD in Sony Vaio Laptop - svf15213cbw

Discus and support Cannot boot from SSD after replacing HDD in Sony Vaio Laptop - svf15213cbw in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! Just bought a SSD Kingston UV500 to use on my Sony Vaio svf15213cbw. It is recognized as an UBS drive and i even could install a clean one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HéctorMoraes, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cannot boot from SSD after replacing HDD in Sony Vaio Laptop - svf15213cbw

Hello! Just bought a SSD Kingston UV500 to use on my Sony Vaio svf15213cbw.

It is recognized as an UBS drive and i even could install a clean one Windows 10 on it. I can run normally when it is attached as an USB drive. So the SSD is working fine.
    But when i swap the original HD and try to boot using the SSD it doesn't work. It freezes on the "Vaio" screen and nothing elses works. I can't acess BIOS using Assist or F2 for exemple. It completely freezes. I've tried to boot using via USB and CD but it completely freezes. Nothing works!

And them sometimes after a few minutes this message apears on the screen

"Checking Media...Fail"

And them turns back to the "Vaio" freezed screen. Please i searched on many foruns but couldn't find any solution.

The SSD was formated as MBR and i've already tried Legacy and UEFI but nothing works.

Thanks in advance!

:)

HéctorMoraes, Oct 15, 2018

2. Upgrade to SSD from HDD

I have old Sony Vaio AIO desktop that I want to replace the HDD with 256GB SSD. Current OS is latest version of Windows 10. Computer has Legacy bios and uses Std Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller. I plan to do a clean install of windows 10 .

I understand that I need to change to ACHI mode for the SSD to work properly . Do I do this prior to swapping the HDD for SSD ? Is this mode even available in the Legacy Bios ? Please advise the sequence of steps to take for the conversion . tks

sportflyer, Oct 15, 2018
  3. Does Windows 10 automatically recognise that a SSD has replaced a HDD?

I have recently replaced the HDD in my Windows 10 laptop with a SSD. As I understand it, Windows periodically runs a defragmentation in the background on a HDD. However, SSD drives do not require defragmenting and running such a tool can shorten the life
    of a SSD.

The SSD was a clone of the HDD and not a new installation. Will Windows 10 recognize that the laptop now has a SSD and stop its background defragmentation or do I need to take specific steps to prevent this activity occurring on the SSD? If I need to take
    action please advise on the steps I should take.

Thanks for any advice anyone can offer.

Grangeland, Oct 15, 2018
  4. Cannot boot from SSD after replacing HDD in Sony Vaio Laptop - svf15213cbw

Replace windows 10 with windows 8 on Sony Vaio Laptop

How do I go back from windows 10 to windows 8 on my Sony Vaio laptop? The windows 10 does not support all Vaio features and I need to reinstall windows 8 that was originally on my Vaio laptop.

davidsandsMP, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

Cannot boot from SSD after replacing HDD in Sony Vaio Laptop - svf15213cbw

1. Cannot boot from SSD after replacing HDD in Sony Vaio Laptop - svf15213cbw - Similar Threads - Cannot boot SSD

2. SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013: I wish to replace the Hitachi HTS545050A7E380 to a Samsung Evo 870 SSD. I asked on Sony VAIO support , but they said it's not recommended to make changes to storage as their operations have shut down in India. They didn't specify technical reason. Still I wish to replace the...
  3. SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013: I wish to replace the Hitachi HTS545050A7E380 to a Samsung Evo 870 SSD. I asked on Sony VAIO support , but they said it's not recommended to make changes to storage as their operations have shut down in India. They didn't specify technical reason. Still I wish to replace the...
  4. SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. "Boot Device Not Found" Error After Replacing Laptop HDD with an SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "Boot Device Not Found" Error After Replacing Laptop HDD with an SSD: I recently helped a friend upgrade his older HP laptop (i5-4th Gen CPU) by replacing the hard drive with a Samsung 860 EVO SSD. Upgrade went fine, programs work fine, etc. The OS is the latest Windows 10 version 1909 (Home). But every day or so, the computer either boots...
  7. Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Replacing hdd with ssd in a laptop.: Hey, I have an acer laptop that has an hdd with windows 10. I would like to replace this hdd with an ssd, but with a clean install of windows 10. Is there a way to transfer win 10 and activate it onto the ssd. The laptop does not have an additional hdd option. Thanks in...
  8. BSOD in Sony VAIO laptop after RAM change

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD in Sony VAIO laptop after RAM change: Hello everybody! I have a Sony Vaio SVE1512E1ESI laptop that has one RAM module with the following characteristics (by CPU-Z, RAMMon and HWinfo) Kingston SNY1600S11-4G-EDEG 4GB SODIMM DDR3-1600MHz, PC3-12800, JEDEC timings: 11-11-11-28, unbuffered, non-ECC, 1,5V I...
  9. replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade: replacing laptop HDD with SSD after W10 upgrade and activation If I clean install W10 to the new SSD, will Windows activate automatically..... thanks 45559
  10. sony vaio laptop battery

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sony vaio laptop battery: I upgraded a sony laptop vaio from windows 7 to 10 --- the laptop has in addition to the standard battery a Sheet Battery -- which worked before the upgrade perfect - after the upgrade the battery just shows a message "Battery 1 this battery is not available for use" (which...