Windows 10: Cannot boot from SSD through SATA slot

Discus and support Cannot boot from SSD through SATA slot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been using my Fujitsu LH772 for years. It came with a HDD and I want to switch to SSD recently. So I bought a Kingston SA400 480GB. I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kin WaiHong, Apr 14, 2019.

1. Cannot boot from SSD through SATA slot

I have been using my Fujitsu LH772 for years. It came with a HDD and I want to switch to SSD recently. So I bought a Kingston SA400 480GB. I cannot install a clean windows 10 by a bootable usb. Since it has only one SATA slot, I pull the original HDD out and insert the new SSD. In the bios menu, my computer can recognize the SSD. However, it only go black after I select the bootable usb to be booted. So I try to install a clean windows 10 by another computer and connect it back to my LH772. It still don't work. I have tried different setting in bios, such as security boot, fast boot, etc. None of them work.

The strange thing is if I connect the SSD via usb, it works!

Could anybody help to solve the issue? Thanks a lot.

:)

Kin WaiHong, Apr 14, 2019
  2. RPB57 Win User

SATA HDD recognised as SSD

Just occurred to me. Could it be that the primary boot drive is the Linux SSD. I've got a feeling this could

be the problem. I'm not sure how to configure Windows 10 to boot from the SATA HDD. I will try reinstalling the drivers and look into the BIOS but would appreciate your take on my suggestion.

RPB57, Apr 14, 2019
  3. Sata bluray player wont' boot nor ssd

I installed a new bluray player in 5.25 slot , on a asus motherboard ( older but supports all devices allegedly) and while I have no experience with a 'sata' player, with no limiter tab on pin ( back of player, plastic piece), I rebooted after placing in
    case,and no boot, as in no bootable device, no OS.

Do 'sata' devices like this, need a 'windows driver to function ?

Is my mother board too old possibly P8h61-M LE/CSM v3.0 ?

Everything else is working fine (getting Newer msi mobo in few days ) but this.

I just told bios to boot from the player first, so why is the bios expecting a 'OS' ??? Odd--

Maybe this bios/motherboard is too old to allow booting from a sata bluray player ?

Even trying to boot from my SSD, either IDE or Ahci, came back with can't find OS.

thx

leebojammin, Apr 14, 2019
  4. Cannot boot from SSD through SATA slot

Install ssd directly into open SATA slot on desktop for cloning

I have been replacing the HDD with SSD on machines with only a single HDD Drive so DATA to USB cable is required.
    For a desktop with several HDD drives in addition to the Boot drive , I should be able to connect the target SSD directly to an open SATA slot in the Mobo and dispense with the SATA/USB cable ? Maybe I should disconnect the other drives for safety and leave only the boot drive and the SSD ? Any advise.

sportflyer, Apr 14, 2019
Thema:

Cannot boot from SSD through SATA slot

1. Cannot boot from SSD through SATA slot - Similar Threads - Cannot boot SSD

2. ssd sata wont boot with windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssd sata wont boot with windows: im using windows 10 yesterday i acquired a new ssd m2 i installed it but after boot the windows wont boot, after checking bios i can see all my storage disks two m2 ssd, one hdd but i cant see the sata ssd with windows on and my pc wont boot, it says bootable device not...
  3. ssd sata wont boot with windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ssd sata wont boot with windows: im using windows 10 yesterday i acquired a new ssd m2 i installed it but after boot the windows wont boot, after checking bios i can see all my storage disks two m2 ssd, one hdd but i cant see the sata ssd with windows on and my pc wont boot, it says bootable device not...
  4. Boot device from second SSD slot in stead of defect original SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot device from second SSD slot in stead of defect original SSD: Hi,Unfortunately my original SSD or slot of my HP Zbook Studio G4 is defect and results in sudden crashes. Therefore I would like to install a new SSD in my second slot and make my laptop run from this. I have no experience in this field, so how would one do that starting...
  5. Boot device from second SSD slot in stead of defect original SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot device from second SSD slot in stead of defect original SSD: Hi,Unfortunately my original SSD or slot of my HP Zbook Studio G4 is defect and results in sudden crashes. Therefore I would like to install a new SSD in my second slot and make my laptop run from this. I have no experience in this field, so how would one do that starting...
  6. Cannot boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot from SSD: I have an Asus G751JY. I went to sleep one night, and the next day I woke up to BIOS and the boot drive m.2 ssd dissappeared. I've tried everything from command line to disabling secure boot and fast boot and enabling csm. Reseated the drive. nothing. As it appears, the drive...
  7. Cannot boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot from SSD: I have an Asus G751JY. I went to sleep one night, and the next day I woke up to BIOS and the boot drive m.2 ssd dissappeared. I've tried everything from command line to disabling secure boot and fast boot and enabling csm. Reseated the drive. nothing. As it appears, the drive...
  8. Cannot boot from SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Install ssd directly into open SATA slot on desktop for cloning

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Install ssd directly into open SATA slot on desktop for cloning: I have been replacing the HDD with SSD on machines with only a single HDD Drive so DATA to USB cable is required. For a desktop with several HDD drives in addition to the Boot drive , I should be able to connect the target SSD directly to an open SATA slot in the Mobo and...
  10. No SSD boot from external SATA 3 controller

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No SSD boot from external SATA 3 controller: Hello, Nice place here *Smile My problem is as follows: I have a flawless AHCI installation of Windows 10 Home on Samsung 850 EVO SSD plugged to SATA 2 native port/controller at my motherboard Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H (GeForce 9400 chipset, F4 BIOS). Everything works just...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. boot device not found with ssd in slot