Windows 10: Cannot boot into repair menu

Discus and support Cannot boot into repair menu in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hey all. I just put together a new computer a few weeks ago. It has been working without incident for about two weeks, but when I got home from a 4 day... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ayjayar, Dec 29, 2015.

1. ayjayar Win User

Cannot boot into repair menu

Hey all. I just put together a new computer a few weeks ago. It has been working without incident for about two weeks, but when I got home from a 4 day vacation, it was frozen at the login screen. When I rebooted, it gave me a BSOD stating the kernel (NTOSKRNL.EXE) was missing or corrupted.

I made a bootable flash drive with the Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool as well as with rufus. When I plug in the flash drive, the computer takes a couple minutes before it loads the Windows logo, but does not go into the install/recovery screen. When I plug it into my laptop which runs Windows 8.1, it boots into the install screen almost immediately. I've tried disconnecting all the USB inputs, using a different keyboard, using USB 3.0 and 2.0 both in rear and in back of my tower, updating the BIOS, using onboard video without my GPU, using the CMOS jumper, and using a different flash drive. I have also tried burning the ISO to DVD and it still hangs up.

No matter what I do, it just stays at a black screen after going to the Windows logo. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Processor: i5-4590
    Motherboard: MSI Z97 PC Mate (version E7850IMS 4.10)
    GPU: GEFORCE GTX 960
    RAM: 2x4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3-2400
    PSU: Rosewill Hive 750S
    Case: Cooler Master HAF 912
    SSD: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB

:)

ayjayar, Dec 29, 2015
  2. hbars Win User

After latest Win10 update, HP computer froze on Menu Screen Prior to Windows

Thank you for working with me. No, I cannot get to a screen that has the option to start in safe mode. I either get the HP boot menu, a frozen dot circle at win startup or the repair menu with which my keyboard and mouse cannot communicate.

hbars, Dec 29, 2015
  3. Boot up failure after update

Windows did an update on my asus x555l yesterday and now I cannot boot my computer at all. I get the automatically repairing before it goes into the options of which none work. I cannot boot to the cmd prompt as it says forgotten password you need admin
    rights. I've tried installing media but the menu returns a the media is not valid. So thanks to microsoft I've now got a paper weight. I cannot factory restore the laptop as windows won't even allow that. Pressing F9 just sends me to the naff windows boot
    menu again

StephenDyer, Dec 29, 2015
Thema:

Cannot boot into repair menu

1. Cannot boot into repair menu - Similar Threads - Cannot boot repair

2. Broken repair menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Broken repair menu: Hi, so recently I went back a version on windows 11. During the process, something broke and it sent me into automatic repair. I‘ve tried everything on there and nothing has worked. After working things out I finally saw something. It said that I had a major missing component...
  3. Broken repair menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Broken repair menu: Hi, so recently I went back a version on windows 11. During the process, something broke and it sent me into automatic repair. I‘ve tried everything on there and nothing has worked. After working things out I finally saw something. It said that I had a major missing component...
  4. Windows 11 will not boot and cannot be repaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will not boot and cannot be repaired: Hi all,not entirely sure how to describe the issue. Attempted to turn on my pc tonight after being away all day at work and initially I got a blue screen indicating an issue, restart, followed by another blue screen.Eventually after a few restarts I received another blue...
  5. Windows 11 will not boot and cannot be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will not boot and cannot be repaired: Hi all,not entirely sure how to describe the issue. Attempted to turn on my pc tonight after being away all day at work and initially I got a blue screen indicating an issue, restart, followed by another blue screen.Eventually after a few restarts I received another blue...
  6. Cannot boot /Reset/ Repair Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot /Reset/ Repair Windows 10: Hi I have a Asus ROG Laptop, G531GD with Windows 10 home, 8GB RAM, And Intel 9300 processor I was working on some documents and emails nothing too heavy for the system when the system ran too hot. I turned it off and turned on after it had cooled down, After turning...
  7. Windows 10 cannot repair itself and will not boot

Windows 10 cannot repair itself and will not boot: Windows 10, it crashed, it tries to repair but ends up saying it cannot. I tried every option 3 and 4 times. I do not have a backup, I wanted to download it again but had this so long I cannot find the code I had. I also tried to boot in the safe mode. No Luck...
  8. Have Startup Repair and cannot boot

Have Startup Repair and cannot boot: Windows 10 Startup Repair Loop - Will not boot Have received a PC from a friend which will not boot into regular Windows 1903, will only boot into the Windows Recovery Environment after attempting a repair. I've been trying to get it working for a while now and everything I...
  9. Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot enter BIOS and/or boot menu: Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone can help me with a little situation that I'm having... So I want to do a complete fresh install of Windows 10, but I'm having major difficulties. I have used the Windows Media Creation Tool to make my bootable Windows 10 USB but I...
  10. Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot boot into UEFI BIOS or Boot Menu: Belarc reports UEFI: American Megatrends Inc. P11-B2 Operating System: Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1511 (build 10586.494) Installed: 4/27/2016 5:58:22 AM Servicing Branch: Current Branch (CB) Boot Mode: UEFI with successful Secure Boot. This is my brother’s computer:...