Windows 10: Cannot boot into safe mode. When I go to start up repair and select the option for safe...

Discus and support Cannot boot into safe mode. When I go to start up repair and select the option for safe... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Ok well heres my problem. My ram was faulty and my pc BSOD during a video card driver installation. I know this is the issue so all I need to do is get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AdrianM7, Nov 11, 2018.

1. AdrianM7 Win User

Cannot boot into safe mode. When I go to start up repair and select the option for safe...

Ok well heres my problem. My ram was faulty and my pc BSOD during a video card driver installation. I know this is the issue so all I need to do is get into safe mode to reinstall.

I cannot turn off automatic system restore.

I cannot enter safe mode because it infinitely loops back to automatic system restore.

I have no restore points so that option is out.

The windows bootable media is useless.

Again I CANNOT deactivate automatic system repair.

I cannot restore a previous version of windows.

I cannot rest my pc because I get an error that prevents it.

I need to get to safe mode or I need an option to use my other hard drive that has a working windows on it to get to the files I need to delete to start windows in safe mode. The fix is easy but I cant get there.

I have no hardware issues and chkdsk is useless so dont bother suggesting it.

:)

AdrianM7, Nov 11, 2018

2. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with your issue.

Follow the below steps and check if it helps. 

If you see the black screen or have a flickering screen:

Step 1: Try connecting to different video outputs on the PC. Sometimes a change in driver can cause the video to be sent:

• To a different Adapter: from integrated graphics to a discrete card or vice versa.
      • To a different output: from HDMI to DVI, Display Port to VGA, or any other combination.
    Step 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking
    or Enable low-resolution video.

• Advanced boot options, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video
      • Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters
        • If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work).
        • If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.
    How to boot into Safe mode.

Run your computer in Safe mode and see if you still get that error message. If you are not getting that error message in safe mode then perform clean boot on your computer using the steps provided below. If you
    don't get that error message in safe mode then it means that some third party application is causing the problem.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the
      F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option Safe mode with Networking using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the
      Windows Advanced Options menu appears, select Safe mode with Networking and then press
      ENTER.

I would suggest you to force shutdown your system and then try to restart it again and check if you are able to login to safe boot.

Check the PC or display adapter manufacturer’s site for an updated driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.  

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 11, 2018
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Nov 11, 2018
  4. Cannot boot into safe mode. When I go to start up repair and select the option for safe...

Cold boot to safe mode in Windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Are you getting any error, while booting into your computer?

2) What is the make and model of your computer?

As per your query, I suggest you to follow the below steps to start your system in safe mode.

• Press and hold Shift key and
      Restart your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Repair.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

Cannot boot into safe mode. When I go to start up repair and select the option for safe...

1. Cannot boot into safe mode. When I go to start up repair and select the option for safe... - Similar Threads - Cannot boot safe

2. I need to start up safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need to start up safe mode.: Whenever I get into the final steps of starting up safe mode, you know when it gives you options that you use by pressing F1-F9? My keyboard doesn't work so I can't even press F4. Please help! It's a USB wireless keyboard, by the way....
  3. I need to start up safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need to start up safe mode.: Whenever I get into the final steps of starting up safe mode, you know when it gives you options that you use by pressing F1-F9? My keyboard doesn't work so I can't even press F4. Please help! It's a USB wireless keyboard, by the way....
  4. I need to start up safe mode.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Computer stuck at start up when booting using safe mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer stuck at start up when booting using safe mode: I'm having trouble updating to 2004, so I tried to restart the computer in safe mode. However, now my computer just gets stick when booting. I only see the MSI logo (not even the spinning dots which usually show up below the logo) and this screen just stays there until I...
  6. Cannot boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  7. Cannot boot into safe mode.

Cannot boot into safe mode.: My computer starts up normally but when i try to boot into safe mode i get a black screen. No idea whats going on. I tried plugging hdmi cable directly into motherboard and it made no difference....
  8. Not able to boot into Safe mode - it reboots when selecting the option

in Windows 10 Support
    Not able to boot into Safe mode - it reboots when selecting the option: (19587.1000 version) So I recently tried to boot into safe mode to uninstall gpu drivers. I usually go via pressing shift button when restarting. If i'm not mistaken, the procedure goes as follows: Pressing the restart button, troubleshoot page shows, select startup menu...
  9. Booting up in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Booting up in safe mode: Not sure if F 5 or F 8 works anymore I can't get the system to boot up in safe mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/booting-up-in-safe-mode/17b87b6c-1dd6-451d-83c6-883be459f360
  10. Cannot log in or go to safe mode

Cannot log in or go to safe mode: I cannot log into windows. It doesn’t recognize my pin or password. It then goes to black screen with dell logo and a circle appears then back to opening screen i have tried rebooting it in safe mode. No luck. Just opens back to same place...