Windows 10: Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers

Discus and support Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Edit: I gave up trying to fix the issue and reverted to a backup of my PC from last month. Sorry in advance but this will be a long post to detail... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ocman76, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Ocman76 Win User

Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers

Edit: I gave up trying to fix the issue and reverted to a backup of my PC from last month.

Sorry in advance but this will be a long post to detail my issue.

Background: Yesterday I updated from AMD's 17.11.1 graphics driver to 17.12.1 and immediately started experiencing freezes in a game called Halo Online. The previous driver did not have this issue, so I decided to revert back to 17.11.1. While I was looking for the driver I stumbled upon an update for RaidXpert 2, version 17.4 which is newer than my current version so I decided to download that as well. I then downloading DDU (Direct Driver Uninstaller) and wiped my PC clean of AMD graphics drivers. I rebooted back into windows and installed the newer RAID driver (17.4) and then tried to restart again. I haven't been able to boot into windows since (so I have not yet had the chance to install 17.11.1 graphics driver).

My PC is set up with my OS on a MydigitalSSD BPX 256GB M.2 drive, and two Seagate HDD's in raid 1 for storage. My entire PC (all drives) are encrypted with Bitlocker and I have it set up so that I enter one bitlocker key for the OS drive and then the rest unlock automatically in windows.

When I boot up I am asked for my bitlocker key as usual, after it is accepted my computer crashes and restarts again. When I do this twice in a row automatic system repair comes up the second time. I have tried a variety of different things here including:

1. Startup repair (after running for 10 seconds says the issue cannot be fixed).
    2. Checking for the system restore point that was created by DDU. For some reason it doesn't exist, as if it was never made?
    3. Booting into safe mode (fails like a regular boot).

I was considering running CMD prompt and SFC/scannow to see if it helps. I'm honestly completely at loss as to what went wrong here. All I did was install an update for my RaidXpert 2 driver and suddenly my PC won't boot? *sarc

I also tried entering the AMD RAID Bios (first screen that comes up at boot before bitlocker) and everything there was perfectly fine as it was before.

So what happened to my OS drive? Did it fail or something?

Any help is greatly appreciated. I have the option of reverting to my monthly backup created by Macrium Reflect if needed but haven't given up hope yet.

:)

Ocman76, Jan 15, 2018
  2. ikarstein Win User

Inaccessible Boot Device after todays Cumulative Windows 10 Update

Hi!

When did you get the error?

"After an update was installed"

Error after an update is installed

"Stop error doesn't let you get to the desktop"

I cannot boot into Safe Mode.

I executed dism /image:g:\ /add-driver /driver=<...path to nvraid.inf in DriverStore/FileRepository> /recurse

I executed sfc /scannot /offbootdir=g:\ /offwindir=g:\windows

No changes. I cannot restart the machine.

Regards

Ingo

ikarstein, Jan 15, 2018
  3. Cannot boot into PC after Bitlocker update

Hi Ed,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

As you have stated that you are unable to boot unto your PC since the BitLocker Update, I would suggest that you follow the steps below and check.

Step 1:

1. Download Windows 10 Media Creation tool and access Safe Mode with Networking via the tool. To download click on the link below

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool
    " in the above article for creating the tool).

2. Start your computer from the installation media. Insert the disk or USB stick and restart your computer. If you see a message asking you to “Press any key to boot from DVD,” do so. If you don’t see the message,
    you might need to change the boot order in your computer's BIOS settings so that it first starts from the disk or USB. When you see the 'Install Windows' page, tap or click 'Repair your computer' link to start the Windows Recovery Environment.

3. Refer to article Get to
    safe mode and other startup settings in Windows 10 - Windows
    to enable Safe Mode with Networking.

Step 2: Uninstall Update

1. Right click on the Start Menu and open Control Panel.

2. Navigate to Programs and Feature and then click on
    View Installed Updates
    from the left menu pane.

3. Click on the update in question and then click on Uninstall to remove the update.

Step 3:

• Use the tool provided in the link below to Hide/block the BitLocker update from your PC.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

• Once done reboot the PC and check.

Hope this helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Jan 15, 2018
Thema:

Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers

1. Cannot boot into windows after updating RaidXpert2 Drivers - Similar Threads - Cannot boot updating

2. Windows 7 failed to boot after driver update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 7 failed to boot after driver update: Hi. My Acer Aspire 5750 with Windows 7 Home Premium keeps failing to boot after doing a driver update. I just get the message “A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer” and then it goes into startup repair. I have tried...
  3. Windows 7 failed to boot after driver update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 7 failed to boot after driver update: Hi. My Acer Aspire 5750 with Windows 7 Home Premium keeps failing to boot after doing a driver update. I just get the message “A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer” and then it goes into startup repair. I have tried...
  4. My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My windows doesn't boot after updating drivers: I was trying to update my windows, at the same time my windows 10 had downloaded an update so it required a reboot. After restarting the laptop, there comes this message "Automatic repair" and it tells me to either restart again or go to "advanced options" I tried to restart...
  5. Cannot boot at all after Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot at all after Windows Update: When I shut my computer off yesterday, it had an automatic update. I tried turning it on today and it immediately tried doing an automatic repair, which then failed and took me to a blue menu with repair options. I feel like I've tried every option, and will post the results...
  6. Cannot boot after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot after update: Updated windows 10 last night and this morning found I could not boot up my laptop Have tried a few options in the startup repair menu Stop code says inaccessible boot device Have run chkdsk, says it found some errors in uppercase chkdsk /f did not run Any help...
  7. Cannot Boot Into Windows 10 After Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Boot Into Windows 10 After Update: Computer will not boot into Windows. I ran computer diagnostics and the computer is fine. This appears to have been after a Windows update. I am unable to perform any Troubleshooting as the program indicates it is unable to do so. Cannot restore, cannot so Start Up...
  8. Windows not booting after driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows not booting after driver update: I have recently installed Windows 10, 1903 on my iMac (20-inch, Late 2009). Keep in mind that Windows is running in UEFI mode, despite being on a Mac. When I go to This PC > Properties > Device Manager and install the drivers for my NVIDIA GeForce 9400, my computer fails to...
  9. Windows cannot boot after today's update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows cannot boot after today's update: I think what happened is after today's update all of a sudden windows wants to boot from a different disk drive, though I'm not sure why. In bios it is set to boot from my boot drive. Window 10 boot error - Album on Imgur As you can see Window Boot Repair is trying to use...
  10. I cannot boot Windows after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cannot boot Windows after update: After the latest Windows update I cannot boot my computer. All steps that I do leads me to the page where I should perform a system restore, go back to previous version, do startup repair etc. So I cannot troubleshoot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. amd raidxpert2 cant boot

2. raidxpert2 cant boot

3. infinite boot after updating raidxpert2

4. long reboot after updating raidxpert2,
  5. long boot after updating raidxpert2,
  6. can not login into raidxpert2