Windows 10: Cannot boot laptop.

Discus and support Cannot boot laptop. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ive just restarted my lenovo laptop and now it wont turn back on. I see the white dots going around and around. All the led lights on my keyboard have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by astrosis, Aug 4, 2020.

1. astrosis Win User

Cannot boot laptop.

Ive just restarted my lenovo laptop and now it wont turn back on. I see the white dots going around and around. All the led lights on my keyboard have turned off except my power button. I have alot of stuff do on my laptop right now and i need a fix please help.

:)

astrosis, Aug 4, 2020
  2. ram93 Win User

laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    Installation media boots to command prompt

I've just booted from known working install media to see exactly what it does when booting. The sequence of events is...

1. Windows logo on a black screen
    2. circling dots appear beneath the logo
    3. light blue 'Please wait' screen with circling dots
    4. a command prompt window (very briefly)
    5. the initial Setup page appears

Do you see steps 1-3? If so, it appears you have stopped at step 4, suggesting that something on the disc cannot be read.

Does the disc boot properly in another machine? If so, try cleaning the laptop's drive lens then try booting from the disc again.

If not, make new install media with Microsoft's Media Creation Tool, either as a bootable USB, on an ISO that you can burn to another disc. At Step 8 in Option One of this tutorial you can choose between making a USB or an ISO.

Download Windows 10 ISO File

Bree, Aug 4, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Cannot boot laptop.

n-ster, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Cannot boot laptop.

1. Cannot boot laptop. - Similar Threads - Cannot boot laptop

2. Cannot get laptop to boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get laptop to boot: Got a toshiba satellite L755D laptop that was running windows 7 screen wouldn't come on but I fixed that now the keyboard won't work and I have held shift down I've done all that and lastly it will not boot from HDD USB or disk drive I have tried changing boot order but it...
  3. Cannot get laptop to boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get laptop to boot: Got a toshiba satellite L755D laptop that was running windows 7 screen wouldn't come on but I fixed that now the keyboard won't work and I have held shift down I've done all that and lastly it will not boot from HDD USB or disk drive I have tried changing boot order but it...
  4. Cannot get crashed Win10 laptop to boot again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot get crashed Win10 laptop to boot again: Asus G750JS ROG laptop.1 SSD OS & 1 HDD DataWin 10 Pro 64 bitRecently went on holidays and on the first day I was running a Sricam_CMS Security camera viewing app overnight and woke up to a frozen OS. Ever since, the laptop will no longer boot. I managed to clone the hard...
  5. Cannot boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot: My laptop cannot boot all of a sudden. I get stuck on msi logo with spinning circles. When it goes into automatic repair all I get is a black screen with the mouse cursor. I tried using the windows recovery disk and with it all I get is a blue screen with a cursor. No...
  6. Cannot get laptop to boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot get laptop to boot: My computer crashed and will no longer boot. I've tried power cycling to enter safe mode and I get the same error message as whe I try to start it up. I get "PXE-E61:Media test failure, check cable" and "PXE-M0F: Exiting Broadcom PXE ROM. I have a bootable disc and a usb...
  7. Cannot Boot Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Boot Laptop: I have an ASUS G751 with windows 8 preinstalled, now running Windows 10. One day, the computer wouldn’t boot normally and now it only boots into recovery mode. I assume the hard drive crapped out. I tried all the options in recovery mode and I get errors when restoring the...
  8. Laptop continually boots into recovery mode. Cannot recover.

Laptop continually boots into recovery mode. Cannot recover.: Hello, Last night I put my laptop to sleep and closed the screen. This morning when I woke up, my laptop booted weirdly I presume into recovery mode asking me what keyboard language to use. It then presents me with 6 different recovery options; Startup Repair, UEFI...
  9. laptop updated, now cannot re-boot 0x8009002d

laptop updated, now cannot re-boot 0x8009002d: Hello, I just updated laptop couple days ago and upon re-boot it will no longer open windows but gives me a 0x8009002d error code and says my password is wrongwhich it is not. Anybody can help me here? It's a HP 15-f222wm Notebook with Windows 10 Home that I purchased new a...
  10. Cannot booting

Cannot booting: Thank you very much Microsoft Community for answering my previous problem with my windows 10 (some keyboard buttons unintendedly become sleep mode activator). Unfortunately another problem occurs; when turning on my laptop, it can not booting, just stuck in (text of) merk of...