Windows 10: Cannot boot or reset desktop

Discus and support Cannot boot or reset desktop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. When I started up my computer this morning windows 10 it went into auto repair and then said that the problem couldn't be fixed. I tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JillFarquhar, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Cannot boot or reset desktop

Hello.

When I started up my computer this morning windows 10 it went into auto repair and then said that the problem couldn't be fixed.

I tried various options including a hard reboot and then resorted to a restore then a reset. both latter options failed and sent me back to the auto repair.

please help,

Jill

:)

JillFarquhar, Apr 15, 2020
  2. IggSter Win User

How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Desktop not booting :/

As suggested earlier, pull one stick; boot. Replace the stick and pull the other, boot. Post results.

satindemon4u, Apr 15, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Cannot boot or reset desktop

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Cannot boot or reset desktop

1. Cannot boot or reset desktop - Similar Threads - Cannot boot reset

2. Cannot boot the Windows and also cannot reset windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot boot the Windows and also cannot reset windows: My computer HP cannot boot the windows.- Automatic repair -> Fail- Reset Windows -> Cannot reset- Hardware check -> All passed- bootrec /fixboot -> Access denied- Chkdsk C: /r -> No problems but Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6- sfc /scannow...
  3. Cannot boot the Windows and also cannot reset windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot the Windows and also cannot reset windows: My computer HP cannot boot the windows.- Automatic repair -> Fail- Reset Windows -> Cannot reset- Hardware check -> All passed- bootrec /fixboot -> Access denied- Chkdsk C: /r -> No problems but Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6- sfc /scannow...
  4. Cannot boot the Windows and also cannot reset windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot the Windows and also cannot reset windows: My computer HP cannot boot the windows.- Automatic repair -> Fail- Reset Windows -> Cannot reset- Hardware check -> All passed- Chkdsk C: /r -> No problems but Failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 6- sfc /scannow -> Found corrupt files but unable to...
  5. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset when Windows cannot boot: Hi, my relative gave me her laptop to "speed it up". The laptop was so slow that I have decided to make a factory reset. I started the factory reset which went well until the last restart when an error appeared. The error said that something went wrong during installation and...
  6. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Factory reset when Windows cannot boot: Hi, my relative gave me her laptop to "speed it up". The laptop was so slow that I have decided to make a factory reset. I started the factory reset which went well until the last restart when an error appeared. The error said that something went wrong during installation and...
  7. Factory reset when Windows cannot boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Windows stuck in boot loop and cannot be reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows stuck in boot loop and cannot be reset: Hi all. I have an Asus Q504UA laptop that I keep updated and has been running fine until the other day. I noticed some slowness and saw there were two updates to install I didn't catch what they were but they appeared minor at the time so i restarted my machine to run them....
  9. Cannot boot /Reset/ Repair Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot /Reset/ Repair Windows 10: Hi I have a Asus ROG Laptop, G531GD with Windows 10 home, 8GB RAM, And Intel 9300 processor I was working on some documents and emails nothing too heavy for the system when the system ran too hot. I turned it off and turned on after it had cooled down, After turning...
  10. windows update desktop cannot boot

in Windows 10 Support
    windows update desktop cannot boot: The pc stays on for about 1 second and repeating the process..i can't do anything within that 1 second Pressing the f keys does nothing, This might be the final nail in windows 10 for me..first the freezing now this. 72463

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot boot windows 10