Windows 10: Cannot boot PC after recent update

Discus and support Cannot boot PC after recent update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last week I downloaded the August update to my Lenovo 410 IdeaCentre PC. Two days later, I was unable to boot up the PC at all. The message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Kathryn Noble48, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Cannot boot PC after recent update

Last week I downloaded the August update to my Lenovo 410 IdeaCentre PC. Two days later, I was unable to boot up the PC at all. The message 'Preparing automatic Repair' is displayed but nothing happens. I have tried all sorts of things to try to remedy the problem but nothing has helped. I can access the BIOS but still cannot use a flash drive to try to boot the machine. I did get as far as the blue windows logs and dots circling as though they are try to load but nothing progresses.

Most suggestions seem to think that you should be able to open in safe mode or access the Recovery area but I am unable to do any of these. Any other ideas or suggestions to help me boot the machine?

It appears that Microsoft has known about this problem with updates for some months, so why are they still using it?????

:)

Kathryn Noble48, Aug 30, 2020

2. PC wont boot up (No POST, No Video)

I recently installed a new Asus M5A99X Evo r2.0. The motherboard green LED lights up and the case and cpu fans spin. But there is no video when its hooked up to my monitor.

Steps that i have tried:
    "No POST", "system won't boot", and "no video output" troubleshooting checklist

Made sure all connections are properly connected.

Flashing the CMOS

Tested the PSU

Followed all steps in the user manual

If there are any links that you guys can point me to or suggestions that could help it would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Mrblack761, Aug 30, 2020
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Cannot boot PC after recent update

PC Bootlooping after June Security Update

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having difficulties on the PC after installing a Windows Update.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the Version and Build of Windows 10 installed on the PC? (Type
      winver
      in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the model number of the HP PC?
    • What is the KB number of the Security update installed prior to this issue?
    • Which update are you attempting to remove?
    • Are you able to boot the PC to the desktop?
    • Do you have any non-Microsoft Antivirus/security program installed?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform step 1, 2 & 3 if you are able to boot the PC to desktop and step 4 if you are unable to boot.

Step 1:
    Run the Windows Updates Troubleshooter:

Select the Start button, and then select Settings>Update & Security
    > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows updates > Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Reset Windows Update Components

We would suggest you to refer the steps as mention in this article:
    How do I reset Windows Update components?

Step 3: Clean boot

Try booting your PC in clean boot. Refer to the article on How to perform
    a clean boot in Windows

Note: Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some
    programs in clean boot.

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Step 4: System Restore using WinRE use bootable media

1. Use the Bootable media to boot the PC.
    1. Boot from the media and choose “Repair your computer.”
    2. Under Advanced troubleshooting, select Troubleshoot.
    3. Under Advanced options screen, you will see
      System Restore.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot boot PC after recent update

1. Cannot boot PC after recent update - Similar Threads - Cannot boot recent

2. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...
  3. PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won't boot after recent Windows 11 update: System: Asus Prime X570P Ryzen 3 MoBoRyzen 7 5700x CPURog Strix RTX 3080 Nvidia GPU2Tb Samsung M.232Gb Corsair Vengeance RAMCorsair RM850 PSUJust before I went to bed last night, I saw that windows needed an update. I thought nothing of it, clicked "Update and Shut Down" and...
  4. Pc freezing after recent update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Pc freezing after recent update: Hi guys, I recently updated to the most recent version of Windows 10 and it caused my pc to freeze every 1-2 seconds. Which also caused my mouse to freeze up as well. I tried updating my gpu driver to the latest version, and I also deleted my mouse driver and reinstalled...
  5. PC won't boot after Windows update. Have to uninstall recent update to boot. Has happened...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC won't boot after Windows update. Have to uninstall recent update to boot. Has happened...: I'm not really sure what the issue is, whether it's a fault in the update, or if it's my hardware. Obviously I want to find out what the issue is as I don't want my updates on pause forever. Here are some of my specs (wasn't sure what was relevant sorry): OS Name Microsoft...
  6. Computer stuck in boot up loop and diagnosing pc after recent update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer stuck in boot up loop and diagnosing pc after recent update: As the title says, my PC has been stuck on booting up, passing the bios opportunity, and then being stuck on a black screen with a blanking underscore on the top left. Sometimes it'll go through "preparing automatic repair" snd then "diagnosing your pc" which does nothing and...
  7. Computer will not boot after most recent update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...
  8. Cannot boot after update

Cannot boot after update: Updated windows 10 last night and this morning found I could not boot up my laptop Have tried a few options in the startup repair menu Stop code says inaccessible boot device Have run chkdsk, says it found some errors in uppercase chkdsk /f did not run Any help...
  9. Cannot boot PC after Windows update, 0xc0210000 error

Cannot boot PC after Windows update, 0xc0210000 error: I updated Windows, since that moment I have been unable to boot my Surface Pro 4 laptop. I got an error 0xc0210000 when booting. I press Windows key, but it presents another recovery screen saying to press the Windows key to use a different OS. After that the BitLocker...
  10. PC boots as mobile device after recent update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC boots as mobile device after recent update: I've had this problem before and I don't know how it ultimately got resolved, but my PC is booting up as a mobile device, and it does not recognize my GTX 980 GPU. Next thing I know, my screen is absolutely huge. I've tried a clean install of the NVIDIA driver and also ran...