Windows 10: Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options

Discus and support Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi. I've been busy creating new User Accounts on my Dell Precision M6400 and part of that process at the start was copying files over from one laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by richard2277, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options

Hi. I've been busy creating new User Accounts on my Dell Precision M6400 and part of that process at the start was copying files over from one laptop (an ACER 5315) to the other using a wireless network. When I'd created the last User Account I turned off the M6400 laptop, but before I did I saw a message saying other users are using the laptop and that data could be lost. I shut down anyway, because there were no apps running on the other User Account. Now after shutdown the laptop will not boot up. Normally I would get a picture on the screen and should see my User Accounts from which the choose. But all that happens is the the system goes into a mode of "Attempting Repairs", which do not work. In fact I'm in a sort of loop with the Startup Repair facility.

I've just noticed right now that there is a log file ( SrtTrail.txt) at a certain location. Not sure if I need that. I am wondering if my problem is a User Profile one, given the nature of what I was doing. I cannot select those advanced start-up options such as Safe Mode etc etc. When I select one, all the laptop does is go into startup repair (again), as if I'd not selected a specific start-up option. I'm stuck. Thank you for anything that helps. Rich P.S. Might be away for a week, unless I take a laptop on holiday with me.

:)

richard2277, Jul 3, 2020
  2. emvio Win User

Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop - USB Not Recognized as Boot Option

Hello everyone. I've got a Dell laptop that is in an Automatic Repair loop right now (Win10).

Last night, my Wifi wasn't working, despite my other connected devices having no issues. I experienced something similar about a month ago and didn't have the patience to dig deep again and figure out what was causing it, so I simply ran a system restore.

I can't remember the exact message, but eventually I saw it said something along the lines of 'System Restore failed.' And since then, I've been stuck with a computer that simply won't run.

I've tried following the steps of other similar posts here and elsewhere, but I still can't seem to figure it out.

Some things to note:

1. 'Use a Device' lists two things: Onboard NIC (IPV4) and Onboard NIC (IPV6). I have the Windows 10 boot program on a USB plugged in, but it doesn't pop up at all.
    2. When I'm in command prompt trying to run repairs, I get: "Total identified Windows installations: 0" -- does that mean Windows "doesn't exist" on the computer in some form?

I've tried to go into System Restore but it won't let me select any restore options there. The "Next" is not clickable. There is an error message (or an exclamation point in a yellow triangle) saying: "You must always restore the drive that contains Windows. Restoring other drives is not optional."

Any idea what I should be doing? "Go back to previous version" doesn't work. "Startup repair" doesn't do anything. "Select a system image backup" says 'Windows cannot find a system image on this computer.'

I have tried the bootrec.exe lines in command prompt, but nothing seems to work. Anytime I start up I get the same ol' "Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC."

emvio, Jul 3, 2020
  3. Stuck in auto repair loop

Hi Alex,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If the screen is stuck for a long time on auto repair, I suggest you to restart the computer using power button and check. If the issue still persist, I suggest you to check if you are able to boot the computer into Safe Mode environment and check.

To use a Safe Boot option, follow these steps:

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.

• Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu
      appears, and then press ENTER.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jul 3, 2020
  4. LeighB04 Win User

Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options

Computer did automatic update and is now stuck in start up loop

I had no trouble updating to Windows 10, but this last automatic update has caused my computer to be stalled in Start up loop. I have tried the booting from the USB Repair step and when it restarted it did the same thing. Stuck in the Restart/Start up loop.

LeighB04, Jul 3, 2020
Thema:

Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options

1. Cannot boot & stuck in a Repair loop without Start-up Options - Similar Threads - Cannot boot stuck

2. Can't restore laptop stuck in repair loop on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't restore laptop stuck in repair loop on start up: Hi, my laptop is stuck in the automatic repair loop, I've tried resetting and restore is coming up with no saved restore points, I have downloaded win 11 to a usb but on installation when asked what drive to install windows to my c: drive doesn't show up just the usb, any...
  3. PC stuck in repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC stuck in repair boot loop: Hi, I have an i7-6700k with a MSI Z170A gaming m3 mobo, and 32 gigs of Corsair dom plat ram normally running at 3100mhz, rated at 3200. I tried moving the speeds up to 3200,but now my computer is stuck in the auto repair boot loop and i cant do ANYTHING. It won't allow me to...
  4. PC stuck in repair boot loop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC stuck in repair boot loop: Hi, I have an i7-6700k with a MSI Z170A gaming m3 mobo, and 32 gigs of Corsair dom plat ram normally running at 3100mhz, rated at 3200. I tried moving the speeds up to 3200,but now my computer is stuck in the auto repair boot loop and i cant do ANYTHING. It won't allow me to...
  5. Stuck in automatic repair loop without password.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stuck in automatic repair loop without password.: I got stuck in the automatic repair loop after pressing "shut off and update" and startup repair doesn't seem to work and the other options require a password that I don't have as I use a PIN to log in. How can I solve this? I found a guide that told me to use a program...
  6. Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in boot loop automatic repair.: My laptop ran out of charge and turned off automatically. When i turned it on it showed "preparing automatic repair" and shows this blue screen.when i clicked continue it brought me back to the same blue screen. Plz help me What should I do?[IMG]...
  7. Cannot boot up Stuck on a BSOD loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot up Stuck on a BSOD loop: Hello, just today I got this message whilst booting up my Laptop and I still have not manage to fix it. I tried Automatic Repair and all it gave me was "Failed to Start up Windows" I don't know what exactly caused this problem. I have searched the Error code that it gave me...
  8. start up repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    start up repair loop: Hi there, I recently ran into a start up repair loop, looked at many ways to fix it but not had any success as of yet. My PC is a home build and I'm using windows 10. The last time I had a successful start up I authorised an update for windows, perhaps this was corrupted...
  9. Laptop stuck in start up repair loop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop stuck in start up repair loop: As soon as it restarts it does a "Preparing Automatic Repairs" then "Diagnosing your PC" then "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete" It goes back to the start up screen, shows a bunch of numbers in the upper left part of the screen, then it repeats...
  10. Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop - USB Not Recognized as Boot Option

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Stuck in Automatic Repair Loop - USB Not Recognized as Boot Option: Hello everyone. I've got a Dell laptop that is in an Automatic Repair loop right now (Win10). Last night, my Wifi wasn't working, despite my other connected devices having no issues. I experienced something similar about a month ago and didn't have the patience to dig deep...