Windows 10: Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12)

Discus and support Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I have tried all these and still can't get into BIOS setup or One-Time Boot Sequence. 1. First off, F2 or F12 does not work. 2. F2 right after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by caxtin, Nov 27, 2020.

1. caxtin Win User

Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12)

Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12) [​IMG]

I have tried all these and still can't get into BIOS setup or One-Time Boot Sequence.

1. First off, F2 or F12 does not work.
    2. F2 right after the keyboard light comes on.
    3. Continuous tapping of the F2 key, will cause the desktop not boot at all.
    4. Continuous tapping of the F12 key, will cause the desktop not boot at all.
    5. Cannot flash the BIOS to a more current version since F12 will not work to select the USB.
    6. powercfg /h off
    7. Disabled Fast Startup.

8. https://www.dell.com/support/article...system?lang=en

9. Four Methods to Access UEFI BIOS Setup in Windows 8/10 PC/Laptop/Tablet

Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12) [​IMG]

:)

caxtin, Nov 27, 2020
  2. Ehstii Win User

cannot boot from CD

go into your bios and have your boot sequence start with the CD-rom drive.

edit: F12 is usually what you hit for a on-time boot device selection and F2 or del to get into BIOs. It should say.

Ehstii, Nov 27, 2020
  3. No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

Hello first thank you, this is an odd problem, with no real place to be put.

I have chosen BSOD because, I think it will have the best chance for success.

I have a

GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880

Using a dual boot with Linux I have messed up something with the UEFI bios or NVRAM

I initially added 3 crucial 256G SSD and created a super raid partition via the F2 bios setup.

Every was fine, until I started developing in Linux, my MSI was the last to be used, and it was great, the power.

I noticed after a few updates, and customizing of the grub boot, there were multiple additions to the list of possible partition in the F2 setup area that gives the list for the F11 display. I read something about this being a Linux issue, but it later found to happen with windows in UEFI 2.1 or something *Sad

I have tried many things, including remove the battery to reset the CMOS ram,

So I went back to the original setup and ran the original factory recovery disk and still the F2 and F11 function does not work.

Only a cursor appears on a black screen, with no response from the keyboard with either the F2 or F11 key is pressed.

Everything is based on the BCD data point to UEFI drivers in directories, So then I would assume that the F2 and F11 would point to something thus when the factory restore was done it would be recovered, but it is not.

When the problem first occurred, I was able to install a standard hard drive with a factory image on it, and all of a sudden F2 and F11 was working again, I was sure it was a file in one of the UEFI directories, but again something was done in resetting up my system with linux that seems to have lost it forever.

Where does the firmware file reside for the F2 and F11, how does it relate to the UEFI bios, there would be an entry in the BCD data for it.

Besides not having access to F2 the computer works fine.

But how does the new UEFI interact with the F2 key? Can someone point me to some documentation on this, The UEFI spec doesn't exspliciately say anything about F2, only the Windows Boot Loader

Help any ideas,

Douglas Kirk, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12)

Changing the boot sequence on W 10

I am running a Dell computer which I upgraded from VISTA to Windows 7 and then to Windows 10. I would like to change the boot sequence. On booting there are a couple notes at the right bottom of the screen indicating "Press F2 to change settings" or
    "F12 to change boot sequence". Neither of these work. Is there another way to get into BIOS to change the boot sequence?

BobWilburn, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12)

1. Cannot Boot To BIOS Setup (F2) or One-Time Boot Sequence Options (F12) - Similar Threads - Cannot Boot BIOS

2. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  3. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  4. Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot Sequence doesn't have an SSD Option for Boot: Hi there,I hope you are doing well :I am using Dell Vostro-14 which came with 500 GB of HDD. Recently, I decided to go for an SSD 128 GB. I have formatted the SSD.Installed Windows 10 Pro on SSD with USB Drive.Deleted the HDD partitions and make 2 new partitions.But the BIOS...
  5. How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to trigger BIOS for changing boot sequence ?: Processor: IntelR CoreCfM i7 CPU X 990 @ 3.47GHz; Motherboard : Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA X58A-UD5In the POST display, it says 'Press DEL for BIOS' and 'Press F12 for Boot Sequence'. Pressing DEL, as also pressing F12, gets ignored; StartUp options can be triggered by...
  6. No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No CMOS Setup with F2 no boot select with F12: Hello first thank you, this is an odd problem, with no real place to be put. I have chosen BSOD because, I think it will have the best chance for success. I have a GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880 Using a dual boot with Linux I...
  7. No CMOS Setup when F2 pressed nor Boot Selection with F12

in Windows 10 Support
    No CMOS Setup when F2 pressed nor Boot Selection with F12: I have a GT70 2PE(Dominator Pro Dragon)-1885US, MSI I7 Gaming Laptop with a GTX880 Using a dual boot with Linux I have messed up something with the UEFI bios or NVRAM Every was fine, until I started developing in Linux, my MSI was the last to be used, and it was great, the...
  8. Cannot boot into BIOS with F2 or boot from CD or USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot into BIOS with F2 or boot from CD or USB flash drive: For some unknown reason, for the past couple of days, I can only boot my ASUS X750JA laptop normally into Windows 10 (Home). Previously, after Shift+Restart, I used to be able to enter BIOS setup with F2. Now, whenever I try this, the screen remains black and nothing happens:...
  9. My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc

in Windows 10 Support
    My problem is Bios, F12 and boot disc: Hello my Tohru am new to window 10, I am having a problem get my back up. I have Norton Ghost that is my boot Disc. I can't get it to work. Here are my issue Bios: Security Tab no up or down arrow to move in that bios. F12 no boot menu to boot to cd/dvd. Bootable disk is OEM...
  10. BIOS boot issue and has UEFI boot option one time, next time it doesnt

in Windows 10 Support
    BIOS boot issue and has UEFI boot option one time, next time it doesnt: Asus P8Z77 V Deluxe mobo. Seasonic 1050W modular PSU i7 2700k Noctua NH D14 air cooler Corsair Vengeance RAM 1600 (mobo - native is 1333mhz) Sometimes, when I access my BIOS, on the first page I see, it will show UEFI boot disk in the boot order at the bottom of the...