Windows 10: Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore

Discus and support Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all I recently attempted a system restore but during the procedure the power was cut unexpectedly. Since then I have not been able to reach the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Player067712372, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore

Hi all

I recently attempted a system restore but during the procedure the power was cut unexpectedly. Since then I have not been able to reach the desktop on the SSD I have my Windows 10 Home OS installed on. A generic blue error screen pops up after the BIOS splash screen disappears, giving a Critical_Process_Died error.

I have had no luck with the repair tool which automatically starts each time I boot, and each of the steps possible from that tool have also yielded no positive results. Repairing using Win10 ISO on a USB, additional system restores, resetting windows either fully or retaining files all failed or were not possible. I have followed all solutions I could find but haven't had any luck.

I have been able to access the drive by mounting it externally on a separate machine, retrieving the useful data in my User folder in the process. Is there anything I can do at this stage, while the problematic SSD is externally mounted, before losing all my files by doing a full reinstallation?

:)

Player067712372, Jan 13, 2020

2. Recovering Local Disk

Thank you for your quick response.

It could be a compatibility issue with the latest update and your local disk. We suggest updating your disk driver. Follow these steps:

• On the Start, type Device Manager.
    • Locate and select Disk drives.
    • Right-click on your disk drive, select Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab and choose Update Driver.
    • Once done, click OK.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 13, 2020
  3. System service and thread interruption

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

If you are unable to boot into the system then I suggest you to perform System Restore using installation disk and check if it helps.

System Restore brings a system to an operable condition after a disaster so that it can again accept and process data.

If you do not have an Installation Media, then create one by referring to the following Microsoft help article.

Windows 10 herunterladen

System Restore using installation media:

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and
        click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
      • Click on ‘Advanced options’ and select ‘System Restore and select the operating system

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Jan 13, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore

1. Cannot boot to Local Disk after interrupting system restore - Similar Threads - Cannot boot Local

2. System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error: Hello, I have already tried running all dism commands and when I press check disk, repairing drive does nothing, here is the error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-the-disk-local-disk-c-has-errors/7782c73a-b4a8-4b99-aaca-e9a39a48c718
  3. System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error: Hello, I have already tried running all dism commands and when I press check disk, repairing drive does nothing, here is the error: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restore-the-disk-local-disk-c-has-errors/7782c73a-b4a8-4b99-aaca-e9a39a48c718
  4. System restore “The disk Local Disk C: has errors” error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 doesn't boot after interrupted disk check

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 doesn't boot after interrupted disk check: I have already tried many things in the last couple of days, without success. I'll try to keep it short without leaving out critical information. I was able to migrate HDDs to SSDs multiple times so I would say I know what I'm doing since I had to intervene every time I did...
  6. System restore interrupted with power outage-

System restore interrupted with power outage-: I will try my best to explain my circumstance....PC was undergoing a system restore and was restoring registry at the time power outage occurred. When electricity came back on later, PC was powered up but nothing happens other than I can hear it run, fan starts, and lights...
  7. What to do after interrupting a stuck system restore

What to do after interrupting a stuck system restore: Hello, I had a common crackling speakers issue with my brand new XPS13 2in1 2020. I temporarily fixed the issue by disabling sound enhancement in the sound options, but this solution reduced sound quality. I was hoping for a better method. Yesterday, when I installed the...
  8. Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.

Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.: Hello, I have recently started to do a system restore point because of accidently formatting my storage drive. I have Windows installed on a separate SSD, but unusually it won't boot up anymore. I have tried doing system restore in the recovery environment, but gives me an...
  9. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?: So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and installing the window updates in the "Window Update Settings", but then after that, my GPU driver no longer worked, (error code...
  10. Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?

in Windows 10 Support
    Interrupted system restore seems to be working fine?: So earlier today I was having some trouble booting into windows, took a couple of tries everytime, but that got fixed by manually downloading and installing the window updates in the "Window Update Settings", but then after that, my GPU driver no longer worked, (error code...