Windows 10: Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE

Discus and support Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I need help as soon as possible!How it got started:I was installing the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network adapter in Device Manager. It took some time,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MatthewI_632, Oct 4, 2021.

1. Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE

I need help as soon as possible!How it got started:I was installing the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual network adapter in Device Manager. It took some time, but eventually it was successfully installed. Then I noticed ntoskrnl.exe CPU usage suddenly gone up. I immediately tried uninstalling the network adapter in Device Manager. But it got stuck on "Uninstalling devices". Then I tried restarting my computer with hope of helping the uninstallation process. My computer was stuck for some time while restarting until finally it got a blue screen of death. Then I tried restarting my computer and it got

:)

MatthewI_632, Oct 4, 2021

2. Unable to boot the PC stuck in WinRE mode

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the PC doesn’t work the way it is supposed to. I appreciate your effort in trying to resolve the issue by performing troubleshooting steps. For better understanding of the issue, please
    respond to the questions below:

1. Are you aware of any changes being made to the PC?
    2. Do you receive any error code when you try to boot the PC normally?
    3. What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
    4. What is the error you receive while performing reset?
    5. What was the result of automatic repair?

Meanwhile, you can try removing any external devices connected to the PC and check if you are able to boot the PC.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to try booting the PC to safe mode and check if that helps.
    Refer the article
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    . If the PC is working fine in safe mode, perform a clean boot being in safe mode environment check.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot
    on the computer. However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note:
    Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

Method 2:

Try troubleshooting startup issues. You can refer the article on

troubleshooting common startup issues
    and see if that helps.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive then chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be
    lost.

If you have an external hard drive, you can take the backup of the data by following the steps mentioned below.

1. Open command prompt window by following the article

troubleshooting common startup issues
    2. On the command prompt window type,
      notepad.exe and hit enter.
    3. Now click on File
      and click Open…
    4. On the Open file window, click on
      This PC
    5. Now navigate to the location
      C:\Users\UserName\
      select the folder that you want to backup to the external drive.

Note:
      To see all the files on the Open dialog box, change the
      files of type
      to All files.

6. Right click on the file/folder
      and select Send to and select the external hard drive.

If the issue persist, please get back to us with the result of troubleshooting steps to assist you further with the issue.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Oct 4, 2021
  3. coopfab Win User
    Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE

boot failure

If you can access the Advanced options page, it means that you're able to pull up the Windows Recovery environment (WinRe). In WinRe, you perform a lot of ways to recover your computer. You can also boot your computer to safe mode or safe mode with networking
    in WinRe. We recommend booting up the computer in safe mode with networking for us to verify if your computer will function properly. To the computer in safe mode with networking in WinRe, follow these steps:

• On the starting page of Windows Recovery, select Troubleshoot.
    • Choose Advanced options.
    • Click Startup settings.
    • Click Restart.
    • Choose the number that corresponds to Enable Safe Mode with Networking.
    • See if it will boot the computer in safe mode,

Let us know how it goes.

Argel Obm, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE

1. Cannot Boot to Safe Mode Even in WinRE - Similar Threads - Cannot Boot Safe

2. Boot in Safe mode

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Boot in Safe mode: I got stuck in safe mode , when i tried to choose any option from troubleshoot it ask me for the password and i am entering the right password it is not accepting my password and its not booting my laptop with network mode , i have done couple of things thatis already on...
  3. Cannot boot into safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot into safe mode: Hello. When I turn my computer on, it tells me it has run into a problem and needs to restart. It gives me this error code: BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO it then restarts and attempts to self-repair and invariably fails. I have tried all methods of booting into safe mode available...
  4. Cannot boot into safe mode.

Cannot boot into safe mode.: My computer starts up normally but when i try to boot into safe mode i get a black screen. No idea whats going on. I tried plugging hdmi cable directly into motherboard and it made no difference....
  5. How to enter safe mode in WINre ?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to enter safe mode in WINre ?: I cannot enter safe mode by using WINre by using Startup Settings even though I have tried pressing 5 and F5 it keeps showing the error Critical Process Died...
  6. Windows not even launching and booting me into safe mode

Windows not even launching and booting me into safe mode: So every time since I've replaced my motherboard and cpu ever time I boot my pc windows 10 dosent even launch and it boots me straight into safe mode and gives me error messages either saying CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED or a :\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt I've tried...
  7. Blue Screen of Death at boot and keeps looping, cannot even go into Safe Mode

Blue Screen of Death at boot and keeps looping, cannot even go into Safe Mode: Hello everyone! So me and my two brothers run into a big problem for our PC. We keep getting a blue screen at boot that keeps looping (meaning the computer will restart and we will get again the blue screen). Most of the time the error is 'resource_not_owned', sometimes...
  8. No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    No login prompt and cannot boot in safe mode.: Am helping a friend set her PC back up after it has been stored (everything unplugged) for about 9 months. When we first went to turn it on the fans kicked in and it would appear to start booting up but then turn itself off again after about 10 or so seconds of activity. It...
  9. BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.

BSOD - SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED on boot, even safe mode.: Hi, I'm getting a BSOD with SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED every time I try to boot. I even get this BSOD when trying to get into safe mode. There's no sys file specified. OS is Windows 10 Pro x64 (10.0.10586) Attachment 56647 I can get to it the command prompt...
  10. Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode)

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to boot into windows (even to safe mode): Hi all, As the title describes. Attempted to turn on the computer about 1 week ago and it go stuck at the loading screen where the dots are circling. After leaving it for few hours, no change. I've removed unnecessary usb devices and disconnected other HDDs (leaving only...