Windows 10: Cannot boot to Windows after uninstalling LinuxMint

Discus and support Cannot boot to Windows after uninstalling LinuxMint in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, as stated by the title of this post, I cannot boot into Windows 10 after uninstalling LInux Mint. This happened when i tried to shift+restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by lilxleb, Mar 19, 2019.

1. lilxleb Win User

Cannot boot to Windows after uninstalling LinuxMint

Hello, as stated by the title of this post, I cannot boot into Windows 10 after uninstalling LInux Mint.

This happened when i tried to shift+restart to go in to the advanced options.

I am now stuck on a grub rescue screen. I created a windows 10 install disk just to get into the console and type in all of the bootrec

commands to make it boot into windows again instead of grub. All was well until i typed in the command bootrec /rebuildbcd. Then,

it would scan, and then not show my original windows 10 install, which was on drive C: ( i have 2 drives, C: for windows, D: for data) and it only showed a install on drive F: which i assume is the "install" on the flash, but on my other pc it shows the drive letter D: for the flash.

I have tried the automatic startup repair, but to no avail.

What should i do to get this pc fixed?

After using diskpart, i discovered that my C: drive does not have a boot folder, there is only primary - 549mb in size and primary - 117gb in size, which i assume is my windows data folder, and recovery - 843mb in size.

:)

lilxleb, Mar 19, 2019

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Cannot boot to Windows after uninstalling LinuxMint :confused:

oli_ramsay, Mar 19, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 19, 2019
  4. Drone Win User

Revo Uninstaller

free version doesn't list 64bit applications, hence totally helpless to remove them, while native windows uninstaller will do that.

only paid version revo uninstaller pro does and also another paid program called your uninstaller.

Drone, Mar 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Cannot boot to Windows after uninstalling LinuxMint - Similar Threads - Cannot boot uninstalling

2. cannot install paint after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot install paint after uninstall: Hi,I was not able to open MS paint in Win 11 so I uninstalled as suggested in some other comments but when I try to install paint from MS store I cannot install -...
  3. cannot install paint after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cannot install paint after uninstall: Hi,I was not able to open MS paint in Win 11 so I uninstalled as suggested in some other comments but when I try to install paint from MS store I cannot install -...
  4. UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNINSTALLING PROGRAM THAT CANNOT UNINSTALL-: I want to uninstall filmora video editor from my laptop but i am getting this 'File C:\Program Files x86\iSkysoft\Filmora Video Editor\unins000.dat does not exist. cannot uninstall.PLEASE HELP...
  5. Cannot boot after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot after update: Updated windows 10 last night and this morning found I could not boot up my laptop Have tried a few options in the startup repair menu Stop code says inaccessible boot device Have run chkdsk, says it found some errors in uppercase chkdsk /f did not run Any help...
  6. Cannot uninstall windows.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot uninstall windows.: [ATTACH] Hello, recently I have been having problems uninstalling/reinstalling programs getting MSI Error 1606, so I decided to try and reinstall windows. I went to the reset windows tab in windows settings and the procedure was going well until it started reinstalling....
  7. Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot reinstall netflix after I uninstalled it: I uninstalled netflix and now when I go into the windows store, it shows that I "own" the app, and wont let me reinstall it, showing an error every time I try to do it. Please help. Tried everything that was posted here as solutions, but didnt work...
  8. Cannot boot to windows after dual booting with ubunutu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot boot to windows after dual booting with ubunutu: When i installed ubunutu in my computer it was working fine. When i want to go back to windows GRUB was there but i was surprised that it shows there is a problem and windows is diagnosing the problem. It didnt solve the problem and i tried setting the active partition butit...
  9. REPAIR MBR AFTER LINUXMINT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    REPAIR MBR AFTER LINUXMINT: I have the following: Thinkpad Edge E540 Samsung 256GB SSD 8GB DDR3 Windows 10 Pro up to date I had to do a job in Linux and had set up a dual-boot setup which worked fine. I don't need Linux Mint any longer and had to recover drive space. So far, so good. When the...
  10. Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 10 as guest in virtualbox (with LinuxMint as host): I have deleted Win 10 from my harddrive. And with Virtualbox I have Win 7 running now. But I cannot get Win 10 installed. Any clue how to proceed? Would appreciate your assistance Daniel 3432