Windows 10: Cannot boot up in 10 pc using usb drive in tails or linux. Help?

Discus and support Cannot boot up in 10 pc using usb drive in tails or linux. Help? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok so I've created two usb pen drives, one TAILS and the other with Linx Mint. My intention was to be able to install Linux Mint on an old'ish pc which... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/edgework88, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Cannot boot up in 10 pc using usb drive in tails or linux. Help?

Ok so I've created two usb pen drives, one TAILS and the other with Linx Mint. My intention was to be able to install Linux Mint on an old'ish pc which is running windows 10. However no matter what I do I cannot get it to boot up using the usb pen drive. Two issues seem to occur. 1. security policy and 2. no usb boot option. I've trawled the internet and tried a variey of things to try and make it so - but no luck. Indeed the windows bios seems to have few options to slect a usb boot at all. Very frustrating, whatever happened to the good old days when you went into bios, changed the boot order and voila....

Would welcome any possible fixes for this. At the moment it looks like I'm locked out of the pc with no option to change the OS...

E

submitted by /u/edgework88
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/edgework88, Dec 1, 2019
  2. panchoman Win User

Boot linux on USB drive

it might just be that your bios doesn't support it, but it should anyway.

make sure you go into the bios and make sure "boot other device" is enabled and try seeing if the usb is listed as an hdd.. as bootable flash drives are usually picked up as usb hdd's and check if your bios detects the flash drive.

panchoman, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Boot linux on USB drive

Hi, I was trying to boot linux from a usb jump drive. I followed a tutorial i found online, and It didn't seem to hard. But when I go into BIOS to try select it as the boot device, i cant find it. What am I doing wrong?

Any help is apreciated.

Pitchblack1110, Dec 1, 2019
  4. Agility Win User

Cannot boot up in 10 pc using usb drive in tails or linux. Help?

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

Cannot boot up in 10 pc using usb drive in tails or linux. Help?

1. Cannot boot up in 10 pc using usb drive in tails or linux. Help? - Similar Threads - Cannot boot using

2. cannot access usb driver after use for Linux boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    cannot access usb driver after use for Linux boot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-format-usb-external-drive/91ea54aa-0790-45c6-ba73-855015523cf6I encountered the similar issue as the above people face. I have two USB drivers, one is 16GB and another one is 64GB. Both of them are failed to be...
  3. cannot access usb driver after use for Linux boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot access usb driver after use for Linux boot: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-format-usb-external-drive/91ea54aa-0790-45c6-ba73-855015523cf6I encountered the similar issue as the above people face. I have two USB drivers, one is 16GB and another one is 64GB. Both of them are failed to be...
  4. cannot access usb driver after use for Linux boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Booting up a PC with USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting up a PC with USB: Hi, I have been having issues with my computer and I got stuck in an endless Auto Repair Loop. This was after I had reset my PC but it's no big deal since this has happened before to other people and I needed to use system restore in order to fix it but when I went to go do...
  6. Booting up a PC with USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting up a PC with USB: Hi, I have been having issues with my computer and I got stuck in an endless Auto Repair Loop. This was after I had reset my PC but it's no big deal since this has happened before to other people and I needed to use system restore in order to fix it but when I went to go do...
  7. Booting up a PC with USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Help creating a Windows 10 bootable USB using Linux

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help creating a Windows 10 bootable USB using Linux: Hi, I am trying to create a bootable Win10 usb using dd on Linux. When I try to boot from the pen drive, nothing happens, the pc just boots straight into the Linux Mint (cinnamon edition) OS I have installed. I tried the following: sudo dd bs=4M...
  9. Windows 10 USB drive booting to this.. help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 USB drive booting to this.. help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bluefragment [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl657f/windows_10_usb_drive_booting_to_this_help/
  10. booting linux from USB

in Windows 10 Customization
    booting linux from USB: Hey guys, i have the surface laptop 2, and i have been trying to boot linux from the USB but nothing works. i used Rufus and format the usb FAT32. i tried to boot on my other laptop Acer and it worked fine. should i turn off the security boot and TMP ? i tried to change the...