Windows 10: cannot boot usb flash iso

Discus and support cannot boot usb flash iso in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Last week the power supply on my monitor died; when i plugged in the replacement and booted up, the startup failed with pfn list corrupted message -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by bam12b, May 4, 2021.

1. bam12b Win User

cannot boot usb flash iso

Last week the power supply on my monitor died; when i plugged in the replacement and booted up, the startup failed with pfn list corrupted message - one I have seen before and fixed with TEN FORUMS help tracing it to driver problems. The previous time we updated all drivers and disabled an obsolete tv card. I suspect somehow these fixes have gone wrong again but first I want to upload my data for you guys to have a look. I manually configured a bootable usb flash with latest iso (per the tutorial); splitting the install.wfm {?} file to be fat32 compatible. The flash drive wouldn't boot after setting it up UEFI in bios, so it started the purple install program. The PC can read the drive (looking at files in command prompt from the troubleshoot menu). SO, I can't run the log collector v2 from the command prompt and I cant boot the ISO USB to start repair upgrade. I did not state my windows version because I cant read it, but it was the latest update to w10 home. HELP!

:)

bam12b, May 4, 2021

2. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Have you copied all the files from the ISO to the flash drive? I can't see that step.

After step 10. (after formatting and making it the active partition)

Copy files from the ISO to flash drive.

Open CMD as administrator.

navigate to the flash drive, lets call it drive Z and type in the following commands.
    Z:
    cd boot
    bootsect.exe /nt60 z:
    exit

Then try again.

slyfox2151, May 4, 2021
  3. Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

I am trying to install win7 from a USB. I set the USB to be first boot and it finds it, but wont install the iso.

I have tried ...

However when I get to bootsect it does not do anything .. says it is not a recognized internal command ...

Is there something I am missing? I even tried just loading the iso on the USB and booting, but did not work either

Is there an easier way?

copenhagen69, May 4, 2021
  4. cannot boot usb flash iso

Bootable USB with ISO - What am I missing?

Tried the first program, but it fails .. not sure yet why but troubleshooting that ...

The pendrive seems to be only for linux? although seems very useful i dont think it will help me with this. Keeping it for future linux installs though

hmmm if I already have the iso, do I just throw that in the usb drive?

ok looking into this as well...

copenhagen69, May 4, 2021
Thema:

cannot boot usb flash iso

1. cannot boot usb flash iso - Similar Threads - cannot boot usb

2. Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB: Hello,I'm currently on Windows 10 version 1909 and have been trying to update to version 22H2. I cannot update to Windows 11 because PC Health Check says my processor, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, is not supported for Windows 11. I've tried several attempts to solve...
  3. Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB: Hello,I'm currently on Windows 10 version 1909 and have been trying to update to version 22H2. I cannot update to Windows 11 because PC Health Check says my processor, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, is not supported for Windows 11. I've tried several attempts to solve...
  4. Cannot Update Windows 10, Have Tried ISO and Booting from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting pc from usb flash.: Hello, i tried to reset my hp compac pc, and unfortunately it crashed. So i bought a new hard drive. Am trying to boot it using a usb flash, but it keeps on telling me 'remove disks or other media, press any key to restart, no bootable device insert boot disk and press any...
  6. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting pc from usb flash.: Hello, i tried to reset my hp compac pc, and unfortunately it crashed. So i bought a new hard drive. Am trying to boot it using a usb flash, but it keeps on telling me 'remove disks or other media, press any key to restart, no bootable device insert boot disk and press any...
  7. Booting pc from usb flash.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burn ISO image to USB flash drive Windows 11: I am trying to do a clean install of Windows 11. My DVD does not work and I think it is because of some corrupted files. I downloaded the correct ISO image, but it will only allow me the option of burning the image to DVD. Windows help clearly states that the image can be...
  9. Is there a way to mount the Win10 ISO in a USB flash disk?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to mount the Win10 ISO in a USB flash disk?: submitted by /u/Xusa [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i75oza/is_there_a_way_to_mount_the_win10_iso_in_a_usb/
  10. Cannot boot into BIOS with F2 or boot from CD or USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot boot into BIOS with F2 or boot from CD or USB flash drive: For some unknown reason, for the past couple of days, I can only boot my ASUS X750JA laptop normally into Windows 10 (Home). Previously, after Shift+Restart, I used to be able to enter BIOS setup with F2. Now, whenever I try this, the screen remains black and nothing happens:...