Windows 10: Cannot boot Win 10 1809 due to "IO1 Initialization Failed" !

Discus and support Cannot boot Win 10 1809 due to "IO1 Initialization Failed" ! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1809 system has been booting and working fine. Then I created a clone of the entire system disk (120 GB Samsung SSD) using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Thenin, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Thenin Win User

Cannot boot Win 10 1809 due to "IO1 Initialization Failed" !

My 64-bit Windows 10 Pro 1809 system has been booting and working fine. Then I created a clone of the entire system disk (120 GB Samsung SSD) using Acronis Disk Director 12.5 booted from a flash drive. When this was finished, I removed the backup device and the DD flash drive and rebooted.

Now I always get a BSOD "IO1 Initialization Failed". Every time! Even if I remove all other peripherals except the same old USB keyboard and mouse. This error also makes it impossible to enter Safe Mode; no matter how many times I interrupt the boot process, I always get "IO1 Initialization Failed".

I began a BSOD thread, here, but received no reply on how to provide the required info. Please see that thread to learn what I've tried already.

So I booted up a Live linux (Zorin OS 12.2) and browsed around the system disk in question, but no BSOD dump was created, even after a dozen attempts. And since I cannot boot into that system at all, and no one has responded to my BSOD thread, I don't know how to obtain the other info for posting there.

I tried using EasyRecovery for Windows 10, which has helped many times in the past. It reports that it corrected any problems it found, and re-installed the MBR and boot loader. But every boot still gives the same "IO1 Initialization Failed". I also tried booting TWO older cloned copies of that system -- on different disks -- that worked perfectly, but now they are both producing the same error as well!

I've run chkdisk, tested my RAM, and disconnected everything except the bare minimum hardware required to function, with no luck. I've performed a lot of google searches looking for support, but I could find nothing of ANY value at all. Even Microsoft says, here: "There is very little information available to analyze this error." Thanks, cretins!

There's no way I'll waste my time requesting support from Microsoft, of course. They seem to make it a point to refuse to offer any help other than "Re-install Windows" or other totally useless crap suggestions. But dammit, the system was working perfectly prior to making a backup!!

I need some high-end expert help, please. Please?

:)

Thenin, Dec 18, 2018

2. bl initialize library failed 0xc0000bb

Let's try to use system restore instead. Follow the steps below:

• Start your desktop, and after the manufacturers logo disappears and Windows 10 tries to boot, press and hold the power button for 5-10 seconds to perform a hard shut
      down.

• Do the step #1 until you see the Windows logo screen or Please wait during boot. (You
      may need to perform this up to 3 times.)

• After Windows 10 boots into the Windows 10 Recovery Environment (WinRE), you can now access Startup
      Recovery, Safe Mode, and Command Prompt.

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > System Restore,
      and then check if you have a restore point.

• In the list of available restore points, choose the date prior to the issue. Steps can be found in this article on
      how to perform a System Restore. Refer to Restore from a system restore point.

If the steps above fails, we suggest that you boot your computer in Safe Mode (while in the Recovery Environment) and see if it helps. Follow the steps below on how
    to boot in Safe Mode:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings and click Restart.

• Upon restart, click/press 4 to boot into Safe Mode.

If Safe Mode does not work, we may need to Reset your computer. Follow the steps below:

• Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Reset this PC.

• Choose to keep all your files and applications. This will re-install Windows 10 whilst keeping your data and applications.

Update us after you perform the steps.

Radney Dri, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Win 10 booting not that fast

My guess is more like old drivers from AMD that are not updated to support power schemes in Win 10!!!

Sasqui, Dec 18, 2018
  4. RealNeil Win User

Win 10 boots...

I can't answer to the speed of Win-8 booting. I tried the Win-8 preview and went back to Win-7 after a month. They say that Win-8.1 is a lot better than Win-8 was.
    My Win-10 TP is working well ATM.

RealNeil, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot boot Win 10 1809 due to "IO1 Initialization Failed" ! - Similar Threads - Cannot boot 1809

2. VHD BOOT INITIALIZATION FAILED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    VHD BOOT INITIALIZATION FAILED: Hello, I have a problem with booting in windows, I tried to do dual boot on windows 8.1 and windows 11 and when I tried to enter windows 8.1 it gave me a crash and it is blocked in Preparing Automatic Repair, that is, it does not move, it does not give me the menu to select...
  3. VHD BOOT INITIALIZATION FAILED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VHD BOOT INITIALIZATION FAILED: Hello, I have a problem with booting in windows, I tried to do dual boot on windows 8.1 and windows 11 and when I tried to enter windows 8.1 it gave me a crash and it is blocked in Preparing Automatic Repair, that is, it does not move, it does not give me the menu to select...
  4. Stop Code: IO1 Instialization Failed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop Code: IO1 Instialization Failed: Hello,So recently I've been having a problem with my computer where it keeps crashing and displays the error code of IO1 Initialization Failed. I have the same situation with this Microsoft issue post...
  5. Stop Code: IO1 Instialization Failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Code: IO1 Instialization Failed: Hello,So recently I've been having a problem with my computer where it keeps crashing and displays the error code of IO1 Initialization Failed. I have the same situation with this Microsoft issue post...
  6. IO1 INITIALIZATION FAILED Blue Screen error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    IO1 INITIALIZATION FAILED Blue Screen error on Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you’re encountering IO1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED Blue Screen error on your Windows 10 device, then this […] This article IO1 INITIALIZATION FAILED Blue Screen error on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. IO1 Initialization Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    IO1 Initialization Failed: I just built my own computer and i bought a windows key flash drive. When i boot my computer , it shows choose operating system 64 or 32 bit. I chose 64 bit and after it loads files and loads some more. It eventually pops up a BSOD saying “Stop Code IO1 Initialization...
  8. IO1 INITIALIZATION FALIED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IO1 INITIALIZATION FALIED: Hi Microsoft.I also faced the same issue and i was able to run CMD under Advanced Options.I ran the commands "bootrec /fixMBR" and it said "operation was successful".But then i ran the line "bootrec /fixBoot" and it displays "Access Denied".What has to do with this denial of...
  9. BSOD IO1 INITIALIZATION FAILED

BSOD IO1 INITIALIZATION FAILED: Hi I'm getting subject error since yesterday, I can't open Windows 10 in safe mode, and mouse and keyboard stops working after Windows 10 brings me to repair screen, I did check other mouse and keyboard and it still not working. I did some search and try some things like...
  10. Win 10 1809 update fails

Win 10 1809 update fails: I have downloaded the Windows 10 1809 update to a USB stick as I have three PCs to update. When I try to update the first one using the USB stick I get a BSOD with the "Can't find windows\system32\boot\winload.efi" I have checked on the PC and this file is present so can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. io1 initialization failed

2. io1 initialization failed windows 10

3. IO1 initialisation failed

4. 101 initialization error,
  5. windows 10 io1 initialization failed ssd,
  6. io1_initialization_failed after disk clone,
  7. bootloader io1 injtilisation failed,
  8. windows io1 inisalisation failed,
  9. i01 initialization failed,
  10. windows secure boot io1 initialization failed,
  11. initializatio daile dual boot,
  12. initilization library failed windows 10,
  13. windows 10 pro fails to boot and shows a blue screen saying yoir pc ran into a problem with stop code 101 initialization failed,
  14. o1 initization failed,
  15. dual boot io1 initialization failed