Windows 10: Cannot boot Windows 10 after attempting a Hackintosh

Discus and support Cannot boot Windows 10 after attempting a Hackintosh in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, recently I was attempting a Hackintosh. My goal was to do a dual-boot with Windows and MacOS. Knowing I had a Ryzen CPU I knew this was going... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ArvinAnsari, Apr 29, 2019.

1. Cannot boot Windows 10 after attempting a Hackintosh

Hello,

recently I was attempting a Hackintosh. My goal was to do a dual-boot with Windows and MacOS. Knowing I had a Ryzen CPU I knew this was going to be hard but I finally found a video to follow. Halfway through the tutorial, I realized that the tutorial was about single booting MacOS. At this point, I was at the MacOS Mojave boot installation screen. (BTW I used Clover, not sure if that's important to note) So I booted back to Windows 10 and partitioned a second drive of about 100GB to dedicate to MacOS. I booted back to the MacOS installation screen and I tried formatting the drive. The format was successful however, the installation page did not allow me to install Mojave. So I wanted to boot back to Windows to try to solve the issue however this time my system does not boot Windows anymore. I have already made a bootable Windows 10 installation USB stick and used that to attempt a "Startup Repair" however that was unsuccessful. I tried to work with Diskpart and tried to make my "C:\" active but I got an error saying "Selected disk is not a fixed MBR disk".

NOTE: I am able to access my files through "System Image Recovery" and view and copy/paste the files inside my drive. So I believe that it is still healthy. BUT the 100GB that allocated for MacOS is no longer there to be seen and my C drive has decreased by 100GB. I also never formatted my C drive.

Any help will be very much appreciated. Thank you for your time.

:)

ArvinAnsari, Apr 29, 2019

2. How to Dual Boot Windows 10 with Other Versions of Windows, macOS and Linux

Very helpful. I have a dual boot system (Hackintosh + Windows 10). My Hackintosh works fine when both drives are plugged in, but Windows 10 only works when the SSD where my Hackintosh OS is located is unplugged. Used to work just fine when I had Windows
    7. Any suggestions on what might fix this?

BenjaminJuarez, Apr 29, 2019
  3. lucasweir Win User
    lucasweir, Apr 29, 2019
  4. xrealm20 Win User

Cannot boot Windows 10 after attempting a Hackintosh

[WTB]   Looking for LGA 775 motherboard for Hackintosh --

Looking for any motherboard that works well for a hackintosh - have an itch to build a 10.6.4 box for some odd reason --

I've heard that the GA-EP45-UD3P is the best one to get, so that's at the top of my list. I'm open to other suggestions if anyone out there has any recomendations.

xrealm20, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot boot Windows 10 after attempting a Hackintosh

1. Cannot boot Windows 10 after attempting a Hackintosh - Similar Threads - Cannot boot attempting

2. Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset: One of my older PCs was getting filled with bloatware and I felt like I should reset it to just clear it up.Once it got to 25% on "Installing Windows", it entered a boot loop that is described below:Once the PC gets past the initial boot, it returns to saying "Welcome" under...
  3. Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot loop after attempted Windows 10 20H2 reset: One of my older PCs was getting filled with bloatware and I felt like I should reset it to just clear it up.Once it got to 25% on "Installing Windows", it entered a boot loop that is described below:Once the PC gets past the initial boot, it returns to saying "Welcome" under...
  4. instead of Hackintosh boot, bootet windows?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    instead of Hackintosh boot, bootet windows?: Hi, trying to install hackintosh (high sierra) on my pc but somehow windows 10 tries to fuck with me, with windows 7 it went without problems. I boot from the usb stick but instead of booting the installer, windows 10 is running... I have created a boot trick with transmac...
  5. Windows 10 cannot boot despite many fix attempts

Windows 10 cannot boot despite many fix attempts: Hello everybody, Here is a link to my problem where I eventually did not find a definitive answer: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/hvscx4/windows_10_cannot_repair_despite_many_attempts/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x I am coming here to see if there is...
  6. Windows 10 only boots after two or three attempts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 only boots after two or three attempts: When I start my computer, does either one of the following: does not boot boots and then disappears boots without anything appearing on the screen I now need to force shut-down and start again two or three times even more sometimes before I get a normal boot. I would...
  7. Windows boots in a REALLY weird way after installing Hackintosh.

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows boots in a REALLY weird way after installing Hackintosh.: Hello fellow users. I installed Hackintosh in my HDD, after booting and installing it via a bootable USB, and afterwards I replaced the EFI folder from the HDD installation, from the one contained in the bootable USB.This way Hackintosh showed up in F11 Boot Menu, and I can...
  8. Windows boots in a REALLY weird way after installing Hackintosh.

Windows boots in a REALLY weird way after installing Hackintosh.: Hello fellow users. I installed Hackintosh in my HDD, after booting and installing it via a bootable USB, and afterwards I replaced the EFI folder from the HDD installation, from the one contained in the bootable USB.This way Hackintosh showed up in F11 Boot Menu, and I can...
  9. Windows fails to boot after attempting to update Windows 10.

Windows fails to boot after attempting to update Windows 10.: Main Issue Whenever I try to update Windows 10, the laptop begins installing the update, then when it restarts to continue installing the update, I can see the windows logo with the spinning dots, however when this disappears the screen stays on a black screen. I have tried...
  10. Win10, Hackintosh & Linux boot on windows machine

Win10, Hackintosh & Linux boot on windows machine: I've been planning on installing Linux on my old Gateway laptop for some time now. It's a Gateway NE56R49U, with an I3, 4gb ram and processor integrated graphics. I'd like to install Ubuntu, Kali Linux, OSX, and keep the Windows 10 install that is already on there. What is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. could not boot windows after hackintosh