Windows 10: Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB

Discus and support Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently had hardware replacements on my laptop: motherboard and hard-disk, by the laptop manufacturer itself as my device is within the warranty... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HrivuBanerjee, Jan 25, 2021.

1. Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB

I recently had hardware replacements on my laptop: motherboard and hard-disk, by the laptop manufacturer itself as my device is within the warranty period.

I am trying to reinstall Windows 10. I have downloaded the latest Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and made a bootable USB stick using Rufus. Since my laptop is UEFI-based, I have selected partition type as GPT on Rufus.

In the boot-menu, on selecting the pen drive, I am receiving a weird screen shown below. I have downloaded the ISO file twice and tried, but the problem persists.

I cannot understand what is causing this problem.

Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB [​IMG]

:)

HrivuBanerjee, Jan 25, 2021
  2. Agility Win User

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jan 25, 2021
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 25, 2021
  4. Agility Win User

Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB

Multi-bootable USB

Hey thanks solaris. I just used E2B on my USB stick and placed a Win 10 ISO inside the folder. But i could not get it to boot on my brother's PC who is running a Gigabyte GA-Z77-UP7 that has a UEFI bios setting. I've set to boot from both Legacy and UEFI boot roms but it just won't show Am i doing it wrong? The list of bootable devices does not show any USB HDD, only the lists of hard disk and SSD.

Would gladly need your help in some senization @Solaris17

Agility, Jan 25, 2021
Thema:

Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB

1. Cannot boot Windows 10 from bootable USB - Similar Threads - Cannot boot bootable

2. BSOD even booting from Windows 11 bootable USB.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD even booting from Windows 11 bootable USB.: Hello,I really appreciate any input from anyone. I have built many PCs myself in the past but only this one is the most expensive and the first Windows 11. I built a brand new PC with an expensive custom water loop. Spec: 14900k, ASUS Z790 Dark Hero, Two different set of DDR5...
  3. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my system, since I gave up trying to fix the boot record and backup never worked Shame on the vendor of the software who does not follow up my support question!I have made a boot USB, but every time I try to boot the system will crash after a...
  4. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB: I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my system, since I gave up trying to fix the boot record and backup never worked Shame on the vendor of the software who does not follow up my support question!I have made a boot USB, but every time I try to boot the system will crash after a...
  5. Cannot boot Windows 10 install from USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Cannot reinstall Windows 10 from bootable USB on an UEFI laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reinstall Windows 10 from bootable USB on an UEFI laptop: I recently changed my hard-disk and need to reinstall Windows 10. I have downloaded the Windows 10 ISO using the Media Creation Tool and using Rufus, made a bootable USB from it. But unfortunately, the system is not booting from it. I am using a 16gb pendrive. In Rufus, I...
  7. cannot boot from windows 10 usb

cannot boot from windows 10 usb: as above cant boot from my widows 10 usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-boot-from-windows-10-usb/addbacda-0515-452f-9f61-97eabe22a41c
  8. Cannot boot from USB Windows 10 UEFI

Cannot boot from USB Windows 10 UEFI: I'm having difficulty booting from a USB flash drive. Although the USB drive appears in the boot menu, when clicked the screen goes blank, then sends me back to the boot menu within seconds. I have tried using several different USB creation utilities, including Rufus. This...
  9. Cannot Boot from USB

Cannot Boot from USB: Hi, I am trying to install win 10 from USB stick on a VAIO VGN FZ160E. The current OS is Win7x64, which I installed from a USB stick about 7 years ago. I have the following situation: Booting from USB doesn't work from any of USB ports. Booting from USB doesn't also work...
  10. Cannot Boot From USB

Cannot Boot From USB: Currently, I am using Wiindows 7 Home Premium x86 with the drive in MBR partition style. I tried to make a bootable USB of latest Windows 10 x86 ISO with Rufus in this configuration: GPT partition Scheme for UEFI FAT32 4096 bytes Quick Format Create extended label and...