Windows 10: Cannot boot Windows after cloning HD

Discus and support Cannot boot Windows after cloning HD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I used Aomei cloning software to clone my Asus laptop HDD to SSD. Then I installed this SSD in my Lenovo laptop. However Windows won’t run with blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Danielle Wilson3, Apr 24, 2019.

1. Cannot boot Windows after cloning HD

I used Aomei cloning software to clone my Asus laptop HDD to SSD. Then I installed this SSD in my Lenovo laptop. However Windows won’t run with blue screen error and message "Error code: 0xc000000e". I used the Grub menu to dual boot this hard drive. Can you help me make Windows 10 work?

:)

Danielle Wilson3, Apr 24, 2019
  2. MDxLady13 Win User

Cloning HD

Trying to clone HD using Acronis True Image 2015.

When in the process, requires restart. Restart doesn't finish cloning process, rather it abandons it.

So, my understanding is that I need to turn secure boot off.

My BIOS is in legacy mode, and this does NOT provide the option anywhere to turn secure boot off.

Is there an other way?

Do I have to use UEFI?

I need step by step info, I am a novice at this.

Computer info:

Dell Inspiron N5010

Windows 10 Home, 2016

8 GB RAM

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU

MDxLady13, Apr 24, 2019
  3. g geek Win User
    clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

My HP Vista laptop took a swim and died. I pulled the 320MB HD, put it in an external enclosure and found it still good. Bought a new Dell Win 10 machine w/ 1TB HD. Plan was to:

• Partition off a piece of the new 1TB w/ native Win10 Disk Management.

• Clone the 320MB Vista drive into the new partition w/ Easeus Partition Manager.

• Run Paragon-adaptive-restore on the Vista partition.

• Set up as dual-boot Win10 / Vista.
    Ran into problems right away. Apparently can't clone the MBR HD to a GPT partition and have it remain bootable. Don't see a way to do this without wiping the new Dell 1TB clean – which I'm hesitant to do, especially since I'm about 6000 miles from
    home right now.

• What's the solution to cloning the MBR drive to a bootable GPT partition?

• Am I on the right track? I really want to preserve this Vista installation - I have 30+ years of data in legacy programs on it that would be very difficult to access in Win10.
    TIA

g geek, Apr 24, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Cannot boot Windows after cloning HD

Cloning HD

I don't know about Acronis, but I use the Free version of
    AOMEI Partition Assistant
    to clone Drives and have never had any trouble . . .

Click HERE for a step by step on cloning your hard drive with AOMEI

DaveM121, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Cannot boot Windows after cloning HD

1. Cannot boot Windows after cloning HD - Similar Threads - Cannot boot cloning

2. Cloning HD to SSD using Macrium, not booting up.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning HD to SSD using Macrium, not booting up.: Hello, I am trying to replace my HD with SSD using Macrium Reflect 7. But after successfully cloning my hard drive and install the SSD to my laptop, it won't boot. It's stuck with a blank screen and only showing the mouse pointer. My HD and SSD are showing both GPT so not...
  3. HD clone.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HD clone.: So recently i have bought a new Samsung Evo 860 because i wanted to remove the spinning old HD from my laptop, my old HD had only games so i didn't clone the stuff from HD to new SSD. My question is it fine to just reinstall the games i want or do i need to do somthing before...
  4. SSD won't boot after clone

SSD won't boot after clone: Hi all, I have cloned several SSDs in the past without trouble, but this time I am stuck. I cloned the original Toshiba hard drive using Macrium Reflect to a new Samsung SSD. And it appeared to clone everything correctly. I then powered off my computer and swapped out the...
  5. Access to cloned HD

in Windows 10 Customization
    Access to cloned HD: I need the option to boot from a second cloned hard drive OS disk F on startup. See attached image: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-to-cloned-hd/7ae5448d-418f-4cb7-b38a-3520e86a29a4
  6. Cannot Boot off of Cloned SSD

Cannot Boot off of Cloned SSD: I recently got a new ssd to use alongside an hdd in my pc. I tried to clone my hdd to my ssd using three different software: EaseUS Partition Master (Did not work since every action seemed to be behind a paywall?), Macrium Reflect (Did not work as I received an error about...
  7. Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive

in Windows 10 Support
    Cloning boot drive to an SSD, cannot boot with cloned drive: I'm sure I screwed something up, but here's my situation. I bought an SSD, unfortunately a little smaller than I should have. In using free Macrium Reflect software to clone my original main drive, I realized I needed a few more gigs of space. The operation requires moving...
  8. Clone windows 10 hd

Clone windows 10 hd: Once I am satisfied with my laptop set up (laptop #1), I want to clone the hd and put it in an identical laptop. HD's are identical. The laptop (#2) that the cloned drive is going into has a valid Windows 10 install now, but it is has some corruption that apparently can't be...
  9. Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to boot Windows after cloning it to SSD: I recently cloned my HDD to my SSD, to have my OS run quicker. The cloning went well, and I have set the SSD as the nr. 1 in the boot priority (each and every one of them), yet when I go into the Disk Management, my old HDD (C drive) is still labelled "boot" ***Original...
  10. PC wont boot after clone

PC wont boot after clone: Hi, So i cloned my hhd to ssd with EaseUS todo backup. When i rebooted i changed the 1st boot option to my ssd and got this message : reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key. I went back to the bios and changed...