Windows 10: Cannot boot Windows since BIOS downgrade and System Restore

Discus and support Cannot boot Windows since BIOS downgrade and System Restore in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Monday morning and seemingly after a BIOS upgrade to 1.7.0 (and some Win updates) on Friday afternoon, my Dell Precision 5330, was unable to use my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mikeros0ft, Jan 29, 2019.

1. Cannot boot Windows since BIOS downgrade and System Restore

Monday morning and seemingly after a BIOS upgrade to 1.7.0 (and some Win updates) on Friday afternoon, my Dell Precision 5330, was unable to use my work LAN, either through my TB16 dock, or the supplied dongle. Both worked previously. Using WiFi, I tried to use the Dell support webpage, but it told me I needed to be using Windows. Of course, I *was* so I was stuck. So...

I opened a chat support and the agent suggested I back off the BIOS and she sent a link to the BIOS 1.6.0. After installing, still no joy with network. So I attempted a System restore to Jan 9, 2019.

During the restart apparently, the PC became unusable.

Now it boots into "Preparing Automatic Repair" and then quickly launches into Blue screen "Choose an option" in which nearly every choice requires administrator rights, which it says I don't have and that there aren't any admins .

(What is it with Windows and admin rights?)

It seems there's no way out...

Any suggestions ?

Thanks.

:)

Mikeros0ft, Jan 29, 2019

2. bsod after downgrading from windows 10 to windows 7

Hello there, tom.
    I would try these:
    • Get your Windows 7 media device and reinstall Windows
    • Try auto-repair
    • Follow these steps:

1. Put in your Windows 10 media device, boot into the USB
    2. Select your language and keyboard input, then click next.
    3. Click "Repair this computer"
    4. Go to "Advanced options"
    5. click system restore
    6. Select a restore point before you downgraded to Windows 7.
    Hope I helped!

AbAppletic, Jan 29, 2019
  3. garybear89, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Pinchy Win User

Cannot boot Windows since BIOS downgrade and System Restore

windows xp duel boot with vista restore points

Turn off system restore in XP altogether...or if you dont want to, AsRocks suggestion should work :\

Pinchy, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Cannot boot Windows since BIOS downgrade and System Restore

1. Cannot boot Windows since BIOS downgrade and System Restore - Similar Threads - Cannot boot since

2. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  3. Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker & BIOS downgrade: Hi, After I was prompted to update my Windows 11 BIOS, the bitlocker screen came on and locked me from accessing my computer claiming that the recovery key was incorrect. Appreciate it if anyone out there have a better suggestion? I tried to downgrade the BIOS but my notebook...
  4. does system restore downgrade windows versions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does system restore downgrade windows versions: if i create a system restore point on windows 10 then upgrade back to windows 11 will it downgrade back to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-restore-downgrade-windows-versions/cd066f4c-fe91-4e10-a909-2d048d6b8a60
  5. does system restore downgrade windows versions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does system restore downgrade windows versions: if i create a system restore point on windows 10 then upgrade back to windows 11 will it downgrade back to windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/does-system-restore-downgrade-windows-versions/cd066f4c-fe91-4e10-a909-2d048d6b8a60
  6. Downgrade Bios

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Downgrade Bios: What will happen if i downgrade my ASUS laptop BIOS to the previous version?Is it harmful ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-bios/3b34a481-e0ab-4e12-a2f4-5a3357e5ddeb
  7. downgrade my bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    downgrade my bios: i am an win 10 user i want to download and install an old version of bios my current bios version is F.28 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/downgrade-my-bios/55490a37-fab9-4da2-967f-276b35b23408
  8. Downgrading My Bios

in Windows 10 Customization
    Downgrading My Bios: I Have An Windows 10 Pro Desktop I Cant Find Some Important Settings In My Current Bios Version F.28, So I Want To Downgrade My Bios To And Old Version So kindly Help Me...
  9. System restored will not boot

System restored will not boot: I restored a backup, now it will no boot. Tried all repair options I can find, no joy, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-restored-will-not-boot/7fff9b58-55c0-4b21-91b4-b83c2d63124d
  10. Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.

Windows System Restore successful, cannot boot.: Hello, I have recently started to do a system restore point because of accidently formatting my storage drive. I have Windows installed on a separate SSD, but unusually it won't boot up anymore. I have tried doing system restore in the recovery environment, but gives me an...