Windows 10: Cannot boot windows - tried everything

Discus and support Cannot boot windows - tried everything in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Cannot boot windows Ok, so I went to turn on my laptop today and I got the BSOD. I noticed the other day that the keyboard wasn't working properly and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Dannyw2911, Mar 6, 2021.

1. Cannot boot windows - tried everything

Cannot boot windows

Ok, so I went to turn on my laptop today and I got the BSOD. I noticed the other day that the keyboard wasn't working properly and my girlfriend said she tried to use it yesterday and the back-light came on bu the screen was black, but it did work after turning it off and on again.

I should have written down all the specific error messages I've got but I will add them as I see them.

I have made a boot USB but one of four things happens.

1. The selected boot device failed.

2. Gets past the keyboard input selection and then says there are media drivers missing.

3. Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer.

4. Goes to automatic repair, gets stuck at 1% and then just goes back to BSOD.

On the boot menu the options for OS boot manager and boot from EFI file are always there, USB hard drive and Internal hard drive are sometimes there.

Hard drive is an SSD if it matters.

I will add anything else I find. Really appreciate any help as I've been looking at this all day to no avail.

I do have another computer if I need to download drivers or whatever.

Udate 1: It's now giving me the pres ESC for start up options everytime it resets, but sometime it takes a long time from turning on for anything to happen.

Update 2: Ran chkdsk on X:/sources Errors detected in uppercase file Windows has found problems

Ran chkdsk /f Cannot lock current drive Cannot run disk checking because it is write protected

Error codes found:

Bad system config info

Kernel data inpage error

SSD short DST check: warning

SSD optimised DST check: warning

SSD smart check : software error System extensive test canceled

submitted by /u/Dannyw2911
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Dannyw2911, Mar 6, 2021
  2. Dandel Win User

How to go about building a tri-boot system?

i dual boot all the time, and going in to tri boot is easy.

step 1) partition the drive in to 3 partitions ( leaving 1 empty for the linux installer. )
    step 2) install windows on the first 2 partitions.
    step 3) install linux, and let it auto partition the remaining space. ( i recommend at least 30gb of space for linux, because it will make things a lot easier. )

step 4) enjoy.

Dandel, Mar 6, 2021
  3. Wile E Win User
    How to go about building a tri-boot system?

Yeah, but he's throwing OS X in there. Not quite as easy to do, but not all that hard. Manual configuration of GRUB is necessary.

Wile E, Mar 6, 2021
  4. GNJha Win User

Cannot boot windows - tried everything

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Mar 6, 2021
Thema:

Cannot boot windows - tried everything

1. Cannot boot windows - tried everything - Similar Threads - Cannot boot tried

2. Windows 10 boot stalls, tried everything, can't fix

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 boot stalls, tried everything, can't fix: Hello,My computer running Windows 10 Pro latest version keeps stalling while it boots. I boot the computer, it spins about once and then stops as the dots get around the top, and then that's it. USB's are still on apart from the keyboard, my lights and my mouse still works,...
  3. Windows 10 boot stalls, tried everything, can't fix

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 boot stalls, tried everything, can't fix: Hello,My computer running Windows 10 Pro latest version keeps stalling while it boots. I boot the computer, it spins about once and then stops as the dots get around the top, and then that's it. USB's are still on apart from the keyboard, my lights and my mouse still works,...
  4. Windows 10 boot stalls, tried everything, can't fix

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Cannot Reinstall Microsoft/Windows Store - TRIED EVERYTHING

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cannot Reinstall Microsoft/Windows Store - TRIED EVERYTHING: I bought a gaming laptop several years ago. First thing I did was to uninstall everything on it I didn't want or care to have. This was my first Win10 system, I uninstalled many of the default apps because this was a gaming only system. Including the Microsoft Store. At the...
  6. CANNOT UPDATE WINDOWS TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CANNOT UPDATE WINDOWS TRIED LITERALLY EVERYTHING: "We couldn't complete the update undoing changes" Is the message I have seen every time I try to update my pc to ----> Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64-based Systems KB4549951 Also for some reason only every second or third restart I get the option to...
  7. Cannot turn off adaptive brightness, tried everything

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot turn off adaptive brightness, tried everything: Hello everyone, Today my computer turned on adaptive brightness setting. [email protected]#$ So: - I do not have this setting under 'Display' in advanced power settings - There is no way of turning this off in registry editor, as the folders related to adaptive brightness...
  8. Cannot remove a language pack - tried everything. Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot remove a language pack - tried everything. Help: Heya! So I recently purchased a second hand laptop in the Netherlands and surprise surprise, it had a Dutch language pack. I started from fixing my language settings by removing and added my preferred languages. All is good, English and Bulgarian. I restart the computer...
  9. Computer won't boot, tried everything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer won't boot, tried everything.: I had my pc for 9 years. Its a Dell, and I upgraded it to Windows 10 a year ago. It was working perfectly until three days ago. The computer started making noices, probably the fan, so I descided to shut it off. When I turned it on the computer won't boot. After few...
  10. Windows 10 cannot change display language ! tried everything!

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 cannot change display language ! tried everything!: So my laptop was purchased in China which came with authentic windows 8.1. I recently upgraded to windows 10 through official pop up notification. However after trying all means I couldn't alter the display language. In the settings-region and language-language-add a...