Windows 10: Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7)

Discus and support Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7) in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi there Never had this problem before with Macrium V7 trying to create stand alone recovery media (It's always on AMD computers - never INTEL that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by jimbo45, May 29, 2021.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7)

Hi there Never had this problem before with Macrium V7 trying to create stand alone recovery media (It's always on AMD computers - never INTEL that I seem to get Windows problems !!!!!) Cheers jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 29, 2021
  2. Bree Win User

Macrium Reflect v7 wont make rescue media (iso or USB)

The default in 7.2 is to make WinRE media because that requires no download, the WinRE recovery environment is copied from your recovery partition. The .wim file is built in the 'staging area' which is c:\boot\macrium. Details here:

Rescue Media Builder - How It Works - Macrium Reflect Knowledgebase - KnowledgeBase v7.2

Your waiklog.txt has several entries where dism tries to mount a .wim from the staging area and reports:Error: 183
    Cannot create a file when that file already exists.
    This suggests the is a problem in the staging area. If you continue to fail making RE or PE rescue media, try deleting the staging area folder. Macrium will recreate it when you next run the rescue media builder. If you stiil can't build media, look to see if a 3rd-party AV may be blocking access to the c: drive.

3. dalchina Win User
    Macrium Reflect V7.2.4952 Can't creat rescue media

Just as an experiment I created a rescue disk (flash drive) on this PC for the first time. Note that my build is 1903, but that Macrium had available a copy of winre.wim for 1809 according to its GUI.

Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7) [​IMG]

You can see I choose the 'Build' option - prompted at the top in blue- and Macrium located my build 1903 winre.wim file and used that.

Now the only place I know winre.wim exists is in the Recovery partition.

I wonder if your recovery partition is enabled and configured correctly.

Please try this:

dalchina, May 29, 2021
  4. AK6DN Win User

Macrium Reflect v7 wont make rescue media (iso or USB)

I would go download v7.2.4440 ... .4325 was having USB issues in building rescue media.
    Read release note here: Macrium Reflect Patch Details

AK6DN, May 29, 2021
Thema:

1. Cannot build Macrium stand alone recovery media (V7) - Similar Threads - Cannot build Macrium

2. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  3. Stand alone games not launching...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stand alone games not launching...: EVE online and Elder Scrolls online aren't launching properly. All my games in Steam have no issues. For some reason games outside of Steam and Microsoft games there is a glitch. The games try and load .... then nothing. It's weird. I just updated my motherboard recently and...
  4. win 11 stand alone OEM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    win 11 stand alone OEM?: Is windows 11 only an upgrade from win 8 or 10? with all the problems I read on win 11 upgrade I don't want to upgrade to 11. I build my own computers, my question is will win 11 be available as an OEM so I can do a stand alone full install on a new computer build?...
  5. Stand alone Macrium restore need to load drivers - any ideas

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Stand alone Macrium restore need to load drivers - any ideas: Hi folks I have some Windows Virtual machines running under QEMU/KVM - but want to take images -- no problem with running Macriium from WITHIN the windows virtual machines, but on restore it will fail as it needs the win-virtio drivers -. I have the drivers so no probs...
  6. H.264 stand alone DVR

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    H.264 stand alone DVR: I cannot view my home security system (h.264) in microsoft edge i have set all my ports forwarding in my router and they are open and my router is not blocking those Any suggestions Charlie...
  7. Macrium Reflect v7 wont make rescue media (iso or USB)

Macrium Reflect v7 wont make rescue media (iso or USB): So I decided to install macrium reflect v7 free (current installed version at v 7.2.4325) to make a backup of my current windows OS in-case my updating to windows 10 1903 doesn't go well, so that would involve making a rescue media and either burning it to a disc, or a usb,...
  8. Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Excel stand alone disk.: Can I purchase a Microsoft Excel stand alone disk for my DELL Desk Top computer? And, if I can, where do I purchase it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-excel-stand-alone-disk/097fac70-11ef-4894-af03-ff0d504a3595"
  9. Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect

Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect: I have not been able to carry out the first task with Macrium Reflect Free. After clicking Build it appears to be working for a while but every time it gets stuck while trying to create the WiFi function. After running continuously for a while Windows closes down, and nothing...
  10. Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot build Rescue Media with Macrium Reflect: I have not been able to carry out the first task with Macrium Reflect Free. After clicking Build it appears to be working for a while but every time it gets stuck while trying to create the WiFi function. After running continuously for a while Windows closes down, and nothing...