Windows 10: cannot burn an audio CD

Discus and support cannot burn an audio CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, A few years ago I used to burn audio CDs on my laptop with no issues. Recently I tried to do it again, It shows burning CD up to 99%, then stops.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Newuser15, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Newuser15 Win User

cannot burn an audio CD

Hi, A few years ago I used to burn audio CDs on my laptop with no issues. Recently I tried to do it again, It shows burning CD up to 99%, then stops. What to do? Please, help me with this issue. Thank you.

:)

Newuser15, Jun 4, 2021

2. Audio CD burning

Hi Manohar,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We would like to know, what happens when you burn an audio CD using Windows Media Player.

I suggest you to refer the section “How to burn an audio
    CD (or a data CD or DVD)
    ” from the following Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

Burn and rip CDs

Note: Step applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 4, 2021
  3. Audio CD Burning Error

Hi Ruby,

Incompatible drivers and software can cause the error message that you're getting when burning audio CD. Since you have tried to update the driver to its latest version, we suggest that you
    try reinstalling the driver. Here's how:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device.
    • Select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    • Try burning the audio CD once more and check if the error will appear again.

Should the issue remains the same, you can
    perform clean boot
    . Follow the steps under Windows 10 from the link provided to eliminate software conflicts.

Let us know how it goes, we'll be glad to help you further.

Jennifer Bri, Jun 4, 2021
  4. cannot burn an audio CD

Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

cannot burn an audio CD

1. cannot burn an audio CD - Similar Threads - cannot burn audio

2. Burn CD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burn CD: why can't i copy a cd to windows 10 to copy to another disc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-cd/fe5f289b-025c-4263-ae3a-2ba57cc24bac
  3. Burning CD’s from audio cassettes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Burning CD’s from audio cassettes: I’m burning CD with a external burner from my laptop windows 7. I capturing/transferring audio cassettes to the computer using Audacity software. Everything transfer even to the burner. But 2 minutes of burning fills up CD. The burner door opens and ask for another disk. What...
  4. Burning CD’s from audio cassettes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning CD’s from audio cassettes: I’m burning CD with a external burner from my laptop windows 7. I capturing/transferring audio cassettes to the computer using Audacity software. Everything transfer even to the burner. But 2 minutes of burning fills up CD. The burner door opens and ask for another disk. What...
  5. BURNING A CD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BURNING A CD: I want to burn a CD but I don't know which option to choose been : As a USB or as a CD/DVD player. please assist. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-a-cd/28ca2ea9-e98e-4737-8f9d-12a4bcf71e6c
  6. burn a cd

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    burn a cd: unable to burn a srored cd onto a blank cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burn-a-cd/1f9afeb1-d721-43c5-9347-2cf357f4b789"
  7. Burning CD's

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Burning CD's: Why can't I burn an album from my itunes library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cds/c7def477-069d-4391-b59b-d19aa3c2d075
  8. Burning cd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Burning cd: Need help to burn cd from external cassette player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cd/54c759fc-73ed-419e-a115-3612f4a29fc5
  9. Burning Audio CD in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Burning Audio CD in Windows 10: I am trying to burn an audio cd in Windows 10 using CD/RW discs. Before Windows 10, burning an audio cd was easy. Now, anytime I try to burn an audio cd, the file extensions are automatically changed from .wav or .mp3 to .cda files. I am trying to burn an audio cd that...
  10. Burning to cd

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Burning to cd: When I open Media Player it asks me to connect an external burner. I thought you could burn to cds with Media Player, previous system Windows 7 Home. 15660