Windows 10: Cannot Burn DiSC in WIndows 10 - Cannot Send to DVD/CD

Discus and support Cannot Burn DiSC in WIndows 10 - Cannot Send to DVD/CD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am operating on Windows 10 and attempting to use the Burn Disc feature. When I right click on the MP4 video file I wish to burn, I click on Send... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RheaFix, Apr 20, 2020.

1. RheaFix Win User

Cannot Burn DiSC in WIndows 10 - Cannot Send to DVD/CD

I am operating on Windows 10 and attempting to use the Burn Disc feature.

When I right click on the MP4 video file I wish to burn, I click on Send To and do not receive the option to Send to CD/DVD Drive.

When I am in File Explorer, I right click on CD Drive, and do not see a Burn option

I am certain I have used this drive to burn/write CDs and DVDs in the past. I have not done this since upgrading from WIndows Vista to Windows 10.

When I click on the Device settings, it shows that my Device Driver is up to date.

DVD/CD-ROM Drives: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH40F SCSI CdRom Device

Device Type: DVD/CD-ROM Drives

Manufacturer: [Standard CD-ROM Drives

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Date: 6/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.10586.0 th2_release.151029-1700

Digital Signer: Microsoft Windows

Update Driver: "The best driver for your device is already installed"

:)

RheaFix, Apr 20, 2020

2. Burning photos to a CD Disc

Hi Jimmy,

We suggest that you use Windows Media Player to burn the images. Please follow the steps below:

• Open Windows Media Player.
    • In the Player Library > Burn tab > select
      Burn options
    • Choose Audio CD or Data CD or DVD.
    • Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner. (Select the drive you want to use if your PC has more than one CD or DVD drive)
    • Search for the items in your Player Library that you want to burn to the disc, and then drag them to the list pane (on the right side of the Player Library) to create a burn list.
    • When you're finished with the list, select Start burn.
    Note: If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

Let us know how it goes.

Regile Reb, Apr 20, 2020
  3. How to burn a document to a cd in windows 10

Hi Elaine,

To assist you better, answer the below questions

• Are you facing any difficulties to burn a document to a cd?
    • Are you using any third party tool to burn a document to a cd?
    I suggest you to follow below steps to burn cd and check if it helps.

• Insert CD/DVD.
    • Open the CD/DVD drive in File explorer
      icon from the taskbar, copy and paste the required document to the
      CD/DVD drive.
    • Click on Burn a Disc.
    • Follow on the on screen instruction.
    Hope the information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Cannot Burn DiSC in WIndows 10 - Cannot Send to DVD/CD

BURN PICTURES TO DVD/CD

Hi Fran,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

In this case, I would suggest you to use Windows Media Player to burn the images to DVD and check if the issue persists.

• Click the Start button.

• Search for and select Windows Media Player.

• In the Player Library, click the Burn tab, click the Burn options button

Cannot Burn DiSC in WIndows 10 - Cannot Send to DVD/CD [​IMG]
      , and then click
      Data CD or DVD.

• Insert a blank disc into your CD or DVD burner.

If the AutoPlay dialog box appears, close it.

If your computer has more than one CD or DVD drive, click the drive you want to use in the navigation pane.

• If necessary, click the Clear list button to remove all items from the previous burn list.

• Find the items in your Player Library that you want to copy to the disc.

For example, you can search for a particular album, browse for individual songs from different albums, or locate a playlist that you previously created.

• To create a burn list, drag items from the details pane (the pane in the middle of the Player Library) to the list pane (the pane on the right side of the Player Library).

• If you want to change the position of an item in the burn list, drag the item up or down in the list.

• If you want to remove an item from the burn list, right-click the item, and then click
      Remove from list.
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we'll be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Burn DiSC in WIndows 10 - Cannot Send to DVD/CD

1. Cannot Burn DiSC in WIndows 10 - Cannot Send to DVD/CD - Similar Threads - Cannot Burn DiSC

2. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  3. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.: I'm using DVD RW drive. I was not used it for a while and now when I tried to use it it looks like it read only CD discs when show size is 0, but can play it as expected. Regarding DVD discs, the lamp is blinking but it show as disc is empty,Edition Windows 10 Home Version...
  4. DVD drive cannot read DVD discs, read only CD discs.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. cannot burn an audio CD

cannot burn an audio CD: Hi, A few years ago I used to burn audio CDs on my laptop with no issues. Recently I tried to do it again, It shows burning CD up to 99%, then stops. What to do? Please, help me with this issue. Thank you....
  6. The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The optical CD/DVD drive cannot read discs: Hi, My optical drive has stopped working after installing and uninstalling DAEMON Tools Lite. Previously, everything worked properly. A DVD RW E : drive is visible in Windows Explorer. After inserting the disc into the drive, you can hear the disc spinning and trying to...
  7. Burning CD Disc.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Burning CD Disc.: Why would my Burn List be in a different order when burned to the disc. This has only recently started to happen. I operate Windows 10 and use Windows Media Player. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/burning-cd-disc/d16045fd-5d5e-4a0f-96d8-703774c362f3
  8. CD/DVD Burning

CD/DVD Burning: Why dont you have the burning software anymore? The apps in the store are horrible and not enough options. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cddvd-burning/6e377ca9-f5eb-476f-be9e-c8bc0a7c327f
  9. CD/DVD will not burn cd's

CD/DVD will not burn cd's: I'm running Windows 10 64 bit on a Toshiba L645D-4040 with a Matshita DVD-RAM UJ890AS CD/DVD drive. I cannot burn a cd with it, using 3 different programs. It plays DVD's and Cd's fine. I have searched for the answer for 5 hours now and cannot find a solution. 54701
  10. Burning DVD's or CD's in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Burning DVD's or CD's in Windows 10: I am not able to burn a Photo DVD in Windows 10. I had to save the photos on a portable drive and then save them to the desktop of my laptop which has Windows 7 Pro Anyone else have this problem? Better yet anyone have a soulutin. Dennis 17893