Windows 10: Cannot cancel personal vault

Discus and support Cannot cancel personal vault in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is how you replicate the error on a microsoft surface book (top of the line in 2017) with windows 10 Pro Microsoft sends a notification to try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Jacqui Blanch, Aug 28, 2019.

1. Cannot cancel personal vault

This is how you replicate the error on a microsoft surface book (top of the line in 2017) with windows 10 Pro

Microsoft sends a notification to try the personal vault, you switch it on

It annoys the **** out of you the whole time because you keep getting notifications that you cannot sync it unless you open it which involves running through the full verification process even though you are on your own device and there does not seem to be a setting to leave it open on this device

You decide that as you aren't really using it anyway, you are going to knock it on the head

You research this on google and come to the microsoft page that tells you to right click on your onedrive folder, go to settings > options > personal vault and switch it off

The settings button on your computer does not have this option so you assume they are talking about logging into your online onedrive account

You log in to your online onedrive account in both firefox and chrome

You have to verify your identity to get into there

You go to settings > options > personal vault where you are supposed to be able to see a slider to turn it off (can't post an image of this button because there is no upload facility

Instead you see a big blue button saying verify your identity (which annoys you because you have already verified your identity to get into your personal vault on your computer and to get into your microsoft live account online

You press the big blue button

NOTHING F$##%^& happens, nada, zilch, it takes you nowhere, nothing pop ups

You sit and scream at your computer

You repeat this three times in three days, then decide to post in here because you think Microsoft might actually pay attention and fix the bloody button or put more comprehensive instructions up about switching off your personal vault in windows 10

you laugh ironically to yourself then post the question anyway, hoping you can just knock your annoying personal vault on the head some time in the near future

:)

Jacqui Blanch, Aug 28, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing OneDrive Personal Vault and additional storage options

Source: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/micr...ional-storage/

Tweet

— Twitter API (@User) View on Twiiter

Brink, Aug 28, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    how do i remove id vault

Does ID Vault appear in the list of programs on your Start Menu, if it does, right click it, choose 'Uninstall' from there

DaveM121, Aug 28, 2019
  4. Cannot cancel personal vault

How to cancel my Groove subcription

I am a pc dummy how do I cancel my groove music membership

Hey,

I'd suggest you to follow the steps I've already provided in my previous post:

If you have a monthly subscription, you can unsubscribe at
    https://account.microsoft.com/services.

• Sign in with the email address you use to sign in to Groove.
    • Go to the Services & subscriptions tab.
    • In your subscriptions, select the Cancel button next to Groove Music Pass.

In addition, please take a look at this article: Cancel
    a Microsoft subscription

Regards,

Alberto Giura (AlbyTech), Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

Cannot cancel personal vault

1. Cannot cancel personal vault - Similar Threads - Cannot cancel personal

2. Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Onedrive cannot unlock personal vault: I use Onedrive to access and modify important files both on my home desktop and my laptop when I am at work. Onedrive has always worked perfectly both on my home desktop and on my laptop except for one perplexing issue:When attempting to unlock Onedrive's personal vault...
  3. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Personal Vault: Hello I created my personal vault not realizing how much of a pain in the neck it would be, how do i undo that without losing all my data. I see my onedrive PV in a separate folder can I just delete that without losing everything that was put into it. Thanks hoejef...
  4. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Personal Vault: Can't unlock personal vault with codes? Error Code: 0x8031b003 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/personal-vault/3cb2d537-9780-4375-aa23-70be9768e568"
  5. Personal Vault Will Not Unlock

Personal Vault Will Not Unlock: I received the following error: "Something went wrong with your Personal Vault" and goes on to say "Your personal vault is locked. To access your personal vault please unlock it again." The related code is 0x80316003. I recently installed the Windows 10 home build 1903 a few...
  6. OneDrive Personal Vault

OneDrive Personal Vault: Began using OneDrive Personal Vault and it worked fine for a period of time. I am now receiving the following error: 'We couldn't unlock you Personal Vault. Something went wrong. Please try again. Error Code: 0x8031b002' Can anyone provide guidance on how to resolve this...
  7. Cannot unlock Personal Vault

Cannot unlock Personal Vault: I recently re-installed my Surface book with a clean Windows 10. I enabled the Personal Vault in OneDrive. At about the same time, I changed the name of my computer so the vault name does not reflect the computer name. Now I cannot unlock my personal vault. I have attached...
  8. Personal Vault

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal Vault: I just got a new folder in onedrive, Personal vault, why I don't know. However who am I to say to the Gods of Microsoft what they must do.. Anyway as usual it is not working. See attached images. [img] [img] I did in fact close onedrive and reopened. Gort 141314
  9. OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.

OneDrive Personal Vault cannot be unlocked on Windows10.: I recently enabled the Personal Vault function in OneDrive (Office365 + 1TB subscription). The vault functions correctly via browser and on my iPhone/iPad. However, it doesn't work on my Windows10. I get two warning windows saying: "Something went wrong with your...
  10. Personal Vault

Personal Vault: I set up personal vault in one drive and everything works well except when you access your personal vault from your PC you don't get the option to close it when your done with the file. After I think about 20 minutes you'll get a notice asking you if you want to close your...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. personalvault.lnk

2. how do i delete personalvault.lnk shortcut

3. personal vault.ink

4. personalvault.ink ?,
  5. nothing happen in personal vault after I verify my idendity,
  6. Where is the Personal Vault.Ink file supposed to be?,
  7. can you not turn off Personal Vault in OneDrive,
  8. microsoft personal vault can not be opened,
  9. cant unlock personal vault