Windows 10: Cannot change Account Avatar/Login Image in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot change Account Avatar/Login Image in Windows 10 in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Windows 10 Experts please help..... As stated in the title. *sarc I have tried every method known to the internet; this including - Changing... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by romeoDo, Feb 24, 2018.

1. romeoDo Win User

Cannot change Account Avatar/Login Image in Windows 10

Windows 10 Experts please help.....

As stated in the title. *sarc

I have tried every method known to the internet; this including
    - Changing image in Microsoft Account => nothing happen, cannot change the image on local PC
    - Create new local profile => nothing happen, cannot change the image on the local PC for that new local profile...*Mad
    - Remove "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\SystemData" Folder => still cannot change the image on the local PC *Confused
    - Try all settings in GPEDIT.msc under Administrative Templates\Control Panel *Think
    - Run Microsoft Account Troubleshooters*Devil

I am using latest Windows 10 Pro,

This is the error when I tried to change the logo in the Settings

Cannot change Account Avatar/Login Image in Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

romeoDo, Feb 24, 2018

2. Ghost account at login screen

Hi there,

I recently changed my computer name in System and after restarting was presented with a ghost version of my usual account on the login screen. The account has the same name as my Microsoft account, but no avatar image. The usual password does not work with
    it.

I have auto-login turned on, however it defaults to this ghost account, so it tries to login with my Microsoft account password, fails, and then I can click cancel, select my Microsoft account from the bottom left and login.

I have tried looking in "Family & other people", and there are no entries in there, and I can't seem to find any information online about how to remove this ghost account.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

stuntboots, Feb 24, 2018
  3. Remove MS Account from Device and from built-in Administrator account

Unfortunately disabling the built-in administrator account in Windows 10 does not allow one to change the login of a regular administrator account to an MS Account when the built-in administrator account was an MS Account login in Windows 7 before upgrade
    to Windows 10 — at least I cannot make it do that.

JerryPaquette, Feb 24, 2018
  4. mrgeek Win User

Go to https://account.microsoft.com and sign-in with same email address as computer. Click your avatar/default icon above your name, then 'New Picture' and adjust to fit. Picture will be stored in this hidden folder location (type into File Explorer address bar), View only - %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures

mrgeek, Feb 24, 2018
  5. romeoDo Win User
    Thanks mrgeek, I had just figured out the issues. Using Process Explorer, I had isolated the issues to some of the third party libraries used by Adobe Photoshop & Media Player Classic. Using autorun to remove them from the system had fixed my issues.

romeoDo, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot change Account Avatar/Login Image in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot change Account

2. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login: So I have been pulling my hair trying to Google-fu that's a verb, btw the answer to this. Everything I can find either doesn't line up with my circumstances precisely or about 89% of the time there's an answer, the person answering is not understanding the exact issue and/or...
  3. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login: So I have been pulling my hair trying to Google-fu that's a verb, btw the answer to this. Everything I can find either doesn't line up with my circumstances precisely or about 89% of the time there's an answer, the person answering is not understanding the exact issue and/or...
  4. Cannot change local Windows 10 login to Microsoft account login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Change the login account on Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change the login account on Windows 10: I have a problem with a PC installed with a Microsoft account say "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***". For Office 365 however I have an account like "*** Email address is removed for privacy ***" linked to my organisation. I want to bring all together into that 1...
  6. How do I change my account avatar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I change my account avatar?: [ATTACH] Hello! To set a photo of my account, I went to my Microsoft account profile, changed the name and set the photo. [ATTACH]When I log in and in Settings, I see a new name, but the photo is not installed. I deleted and installed this photo several times within a few...
  7. cannot change accounts or login as administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cannot change accounts or login as administrator: Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-accounts-or-login-as-administrator/8677c47e-4b7b-4805-b7ad-fc2da8a3a79a
  8. startup avatar image location

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    startup avatar image location: Are emptied all well-known default user profile picture folders win10 pro, file explorer search on all files where hidden files are shown does not show any user-192.png items. Nevertheless avatar appears on startup screen. Wondering where is the corresponding image is...
  9. startup avatar image location

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    startup avatar image location: Are emptied all well-known default user profile picture folders win10 pro, file explorer search on all files where hidden files are shown does not show any user-192.png items. Nevertheless avatar appears on startup screen. Wondering where is the corresponding image is...
  10. Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change Windows 10 Login, Not Microsoft Account Login: Hello, I have seen this question asked over the last few years, but have no seen a satisfactory answer. I want to change the password I use to log into Windows 10 on my laptop. This password is different from my Microsoft Account password. I do not want to change my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 change account avatar

2. cant change avatar picture in windows 10

3. change log in avatar in windows 10

4. avatar login images,
  5. change logon avatar in windows,
  6. microsoft avatar cannot be changed,
  7. cannot login to avatar