Windows 10: Cannot change account linked to Onedrive

Discus and support Cannot change account linked to Onedrive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a previous email alias associated with my OneDrive account and my computer will not allow me to change the account to my new email address,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by K Jethwa, Jun 17, 2020.

1. K Jethwa Win User

Cannot change account linked to Onedrive

I have a previous email alias associated with my OneDrive account and my computer will not allow me to change the account to my new email address, without logging onto the old alias first. The problem is that I cant remember the password for it and cannot therefore open OneDrive on my pc.

Can someone please help?

:)

K Jethwa, Jun 17, 2020

2. Save images/documents to my computer WITHOUT OneDrive being in the link

We suggest that you change the Auto Save location to This PC only in OneDrive settings. To do so, follow these steps:

If the OneDrive available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

If the OneDrive is no longer available in the taskbar, follow these steps:

• Click the Start menu and type in OneDrive and then select the first result.
    • Sign in with your Microsoft account associated with your OneDrive and then follow the instructions to complete the login.
    • On the right-hand corner at the bottom part beside time and date, click the up arrow to get the OneDrive icon and then right-click on it and then select
      Settings. Like the image shown below:
    • Go to the Auto Save tab, Change the Documents
      and Pictures location to This PC only and then make sure there no tick for
      Photos and videos and also for Screenshots. Like what’s shown below:
    • Click OK to apply the changes.
    • Go back to step 1, go to the Account tab and click the
      Unlink OneDrive
    • Follow the step 1 once again and select Exit.

Let us know the result of your troubleshooting.

Genevieve Cri, Jun 17, 2020
  3. fjk61011 Win User
    No onedrive

Ok, success. Had to unlink account and sign in again to change location to my E: drive

fjk61011, Jun 17, 2020
  4. tfwul Win User

OneDrive - shared link - one is required to create an account first?

I don't share files often, or better, I hardly share files.

Now I shared a video.
    Uploaded the video to OneDrive, right-click share, created a link, and sent it by mail to the person I wanted to share the file with (having a Gmail account)

That person tried to open the link and reported back that he should first create an account.

Huh..?

Did I overlook a step somewhere?

Attachment 219236

tfwul, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot change account linked to Onedrive - Similar Threads - Cannot change account

2. Unable to un-link account from onedrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to un-link account from onedrive: I want to sign in onedrive but I have synced an old account already months ago. Now I forgot its password and can't recover it. I can't unlink that account to add a new account...
  3. Unable to un-link account from onedrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to un-link account from onedrive: I want to sign in onedrive but I have synced an old account already months ago. Now I forgot its password and can't recover it. I can't unlink that account to add a new account...
  4. Cannot link OneDrive to laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot link OneDrive to laptop: I have a new laptop I am trying to link my OneDrive accounts to but none of the solutions I have tried so far have worked. I've tried restarting multiples times and the following:I've tried signing in using the Sign in button on the system tray window, but that button closes...
  5. Cannot link OneDrive to laptop

Cannot link OneDrive to laptop: I have a new laptop I am trying to link my OneDrive accounts to but none of the solutions I have tried so far have worked. I've tried restarting multiples times and the following:I've tried signing in using the Sign in button on the system tray window, but that button closes...
  6. Cannot change email on my OneDrive account to another email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change email on my OneDrive account to another email.: Good Day,I am having difficulty changing the email that I use to sign in to my OneDrive account. I have two Microsoft email accounts, one ending with hotmail.com and the other ending with outlook.com. I don't use the hotmail.com email anymore mainly because the "hotmail"...
  7. Cannot change email on my OneDrive account to another email.

Cannot change email on my OneDrive account to another email.: Good Day,I am having difficulty changing the email that I use to sign in to my OneDrive account. I have two Microsoft email accounts, one ending with hotmail.com and the other ending with outlook.com. I don't use the hotmail.com email anymore mainly because the "hotmail"...
  8. Changing password on link accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Changing password on link accounts: I get the warning that I need to update my password on link accounts. This is on my PC with Windows 10. Any help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-password-on-link-accounts/a176ec9f-27bf-4209-93c8-4fa96c85f36d
  9. OneDrive Links

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Links: Good day I have only 5GB sharing space on my account its free. If I delete some of the folders that I have shared I need space, and that person has not downloaded the files already, will he still be able to use that link? Common sense tells me no, but I just want to...
  10. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account: I just updated to Windows 10 and the account I migrated from Windows 7 won't let me link my Microsoft account. Windows Store crashes when I click Sign In, and any other button that would bring up a dialog box is just unresponsive (Cortana, User Settings, ect.) I've created...