Windows 10: cannot change accounts or login as administrator

Discus and support cannot change accounts or login as administrator in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by John RJohnson, Sep 6, 2020.

1. cannot change accounts or login as administrator

Can only login with one account. Cannot access other accounts or sigin as administrator.

:)

John RJohnson, Sep 6, 2020

2. Linking Microsoft Account to my Local Account Caused me to Lose Administrator Access

Hi,

Welcome and thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator account and try to change the account settings.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
      Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Follow the below steps,

• Type User Accounts in the Search box from the desktop and select
      Change the User Accounts.

• Here you will be able to see all the user accounts on your computer.

• Select the User account and see if it is a Standard user account or Administrator.

• If it is standard user then, change it to Administrator.

• Now, log out from the Built-in Administrator account and try to log-in with your Administrator account.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Account changes in 10586 update

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to enable the built-in Administrator account by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: yes

After the command line is complete, restart the system and login to the built-in Administrator account and do the necessary changes to your account. Again, restart your computer and login t your account and disable the built-in Administrator account by following
    the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the below command line and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: no

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Edgar Pan Win User

cannot change accounts or login as administrator

changing standard account to administrative account

Hi Kiran,

These changes cannot be made with a standard account. Since you changed the administrator account to a standard one, you will not be able to make any changes that affect other users on the computer.

If there is another administrator account on the computer, we suggest to login using that account and change your account to administrative account.

Follow the steps below on how to change your standard account to administrative account:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.

2. Click on User Accounts in Large Icons View.

3. Click on Manage another account.

4. Click on the standard account.

5. Click on Change Account Type and select Administrator.

6. Click on Change Account Type button and restart the computer.

Let us know how it goes.

Edgar Pan, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

cannot change accounts or login as administrator

1. cannot change accounts or login as administrator - Similar Threads - cannot change accounts

2. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  3. Account Administrator Login Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account Administrator Login Issue: Trying to login to my windows account on my desktop as administrator and it asks me for my windows password again, and I type in the same exact password, and it says it is incorrect. Not sure what to do to get logged in. I keep having account issues, and I'm pretty sure this...
  4. Account Administrator Login Issue

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  6. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  7. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Cannot login as administrator account disabled

Cannot login as administrator account disabled: Wondering if anyone could help me please. I purchased a second hand compute stick STK1AW32SC when I try to boot up it says the administrator account has been disabled and cannot get any further. How can I get logged in? Thanks...
  9. I cannot login into my administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    I cannot login into my administrator account: I was fooling around and made my actual original admin account that I knew the password to into a "Device Owner" account and since then, every time I try to open the control panel to press "Change account type" I get confronted with a message that says put admin user and...
  10. Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account

Error code 0x8009002d and cannot login to administrator account: This happened about a month ago, where one day when I tried to log into my administrator account, I got an error code message (0x8009002d), basically unable to let me log into my administrator account using my pin. I forgot the password to the account, and even unable to...