Windows 10: Cannot change administrator email address on primary profile on windows 10

Discus and support Cannot change administrator email address on primary profile on windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello Team, A friend of mine came by and we purchased an app from the Microsoft store from my desktop computer running Windows 10 pro, he asked me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RichardMA98, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Cannot change administrator email address on primary profile on windows 10

Hello Team,

A friend of mine came by and we purchased an app from the Microsoft store from my desktop computer running Windows 10 pro, he asked me to login on his account so we can use his payment method. Ever since then, I noticed that his email address shows as the Administrtor of my computer, I try to change it but when I go to Account > Your info, I don't have any option to change it or remove, I do have access to his emial address and I removed my device from his list of "Managed devices" but in my side I still see his email address. How can I completely remove his email address from my computer without creating a new profile or losing any local data? I have my own personal Outlook.com account I would like showing as an administrator.

Thank you.

Ricardo.

:)

RichardMA98, Jul 29, 2020

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Word Man Win User
    How can I edit the Administrator File

Would you be so kind as to elaborate? Did you get an error message or what?

I just did it myself and had no problem. I added an account alias (a gmail.com address rather than a hotmail.com address) and changed it to primary and then could remove the Hotmail.com address.

Word Man, Jul 29, 2020
  4. ZOSO75 Win User

Cannot change administrator email address on primary profile on windows 10

Change profile administrative email address

Yes I'm using Outlook as my email provider. What is happening is somehow another email address is attached to my incoming emails and they are forwarded to that email address. That email address is a business they reject the email Microsoft sends it back
    to me as undeliverable and it was up in my spam folder I changed my passcode I ran virus scans I still get these in my spam box. So I'm thinking about just changing the entire profile email not the entire profile can I change the email and keep the profile
    Microsoft Outlook is my email thank you

ZOSO75, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change administrator email address on primary profile on windows 10

1. Cannot change administrator email address on primary profile on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot change administrator

2. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Administrators Email Address: I need to change the email address of my Administrator's account in Windows 10. How do I do that? These does not appear to be anyaccurate instructions for this on the web....
  3. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Administrators Email Address: I need to change the email address of my Administrator's account in Windows 10. How do I do that? These does not appear to be anyaccurate instructions for this on the web....
  4. Change Administrators Email Address

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change primary profile e-mail address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change primary profile e-mail address: I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I...
  6. Change primary profile e-mail address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change primary profile e-mail address: I need to change my primary profile e-mail address on my Microsoft account. I no longer have access to the e-mail address associated with my Microsoft account. I have added my new Outlook e-mail address to the account; however, when I try to make it my primary login address I...
  7. Change primary profile e-mail address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Primary Email Address

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Primary Email Address: I'm having some trouble changing my laptop's primary email address. My previous primary address was my mom's old address and it got hacked so I decided to change my laptop's primary address altogether. So, I made a new Outlook email but for some odd reason, the status of my...
  9. Change email address of administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change email address of administrator: Ive typed an email address into the admin and I need to change it. I cannot verify I own it as I don't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-email-address-of-administrator/a36a24e3-9225-45bc-a37e-5357c9d60ac4"
  10. Changing the Administrator email address

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing the Administrator email address: Hi , I have an old email address for my adminstrator, how can I delete this and update to my new email address https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-administrator-email-address/59f74682-f69a-4a33-adc0-997805755d66"