Windows 10: Cannot change any "App Permissions" in Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot change any "App Permissions" in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am not able to change any of the "App Permissions" in Windows 10 such as Microphone to get my microphone to work properly. I get this message when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WR211, Feb 12, 2020.

1. WR211 Win User

Cannot change any "App Permissions" in Windows 10

I am not able to change any of the "App Permissions" in Windows 10 such as Microphone to get my microphone to work properly. I get this message when I do so and settings panel just freezes and closes itself. How do I fix this?

Cannot change any "App Permissions" in Windows 10 3c6bce9b-de00-4ae4-aaf5-dedfb1949708?upload=true.jpg

:)

WR211, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Solaris17 Win User

Windows 10 permissions...

How is the NAS on windows 10 Pro? Is it software or a share? Did you check ntfs vs share permissions?

Solaris17, Feb 12, 2020
  3. cdawall Win User
    Windows 10 permissions...

Ok so I feel officially dumb I am trying to copy my steam library to my NAS. Both are on windows 10 pro and both have full control in the file manager. Neither windows nor fast copy will allow me to copy, both list a permissions error? This was never an issue with windows 7...so first off thank you microsoft god forbid I want to back up my data, second off what the heck do I need to do to make this work. All I could fine online was to set full control and that obviously didn't help.

Also robocopy doesn't apparently work with network locations?

cdawall, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

App Permissions

Hi Tony,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some apps require certain permissions to work properly. However, you can change the permissions given to the apps by following the below steps:

1. Click on Start.
    2. Click on Settings and then click on Privacy.
    3. Under the App Permissions you can change the permissions which are assigned for the apps.

However, you can go through the
    Microsoft Privacy Statement

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Cannot change any "App Permissions" in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot change App

2. Windows 11, cannot change user permissions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, cannot change user permissions: Today, I pressed Win+R and entered 'netplwiz'. After opening the User Accounts, I changed my account's group from Administrator to Standard.When I tried to click on 'properties' again and adjust the group membership to 'Administrator', the system displayed the following two...
  3. Windows 11, cannot change user permissions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, cannot change user permissions: Today, I pressed Win+R and entered 'netplwiz'. After opening the User Accounts, I changed my account's group from Administrator to Standard.When I tried to click on 'properties' again and adjust the group membership to 'Administrator', the system displayed the following two...
  4. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller: I am on a Windows 10 machine and for some reason I can no longer manipulate basic files. Like adding a font to my font folder. I have followed the instructions several times to try and change the folder permissions from TrustedInstaller to myself. Every tutorial shows it...
  5. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller: I am on a Windows 10 machine and for some reason I can no longer manipulate basic files. Like adding a font to my font folder. I have followed the instructions several times to try and change the folder permissions from TrustedInstaller to myself. Every tutorial shows it...
  6. Cannot change permissions for TrustedInstaller

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Cannot change file permission in windows 11

Cannot change file permission in windows 11: I'm trying to update a third-party program Glarysoft Malware hunter, but I keep getting file write permission problems. I tried several times to change the permissions on C:\Program Files X86\Glarysoft\Malware Hunter, but I couldn't change the CREATOR\OWNER permission....
  8. Cannot change file permission in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change file permission in windows 11: I'm trying to update a third-party program Glarysoft Malware hunter, but I keep getting file write permission problems. I tried several times to change the permissions on C:\Program Files X86\Glarysoft\Malware Hunter, but I couldn't change the CREATOR\OWNER permission....
  9. Cannot change permissions for MsMpEng.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change permissions for MsMpEng.exe: I want to kill the program to free up memory, or at least set an affinity, but Task Manager lets me do neither. Nothing I have done to change ownership or permissions for the file has worked. submitted by /u/Ulrik54 [link] [comments]...
  10. Any App Changes with 10

Any App Changes with 10: Hi All, Not sure if there are any changes to the apps (apart from running in desktop mode now and the charms bar replacement) or if they are still just the Win 8 versions If not, has anyone noticed any changes in how the apps work now, any added features I have...