Windows 10: Cannot change background image on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot change background image on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Cannot change background image on Windows 10, and not because I don't know how. It simply is not working! 17318 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ibh, Aug 17, 2015.

1. IBH
    ibh Win User

Cannot change background image on Windows 10

Cannot change background image on Windows 10, and not because I don't know how. It simply is not working!

:)

2. Cannot Change Background on Windows 10

For some reason whenever I try to change the background on Windows 10 I cannot. I currently have an image that I set as my wallpaper a long time ago. What happens is that whenever I try to change the background, the new image will fade in and then quickly
    be overruled by the old background. It also shows that I have a different background in the Personalization tab. Here is a video and an image showing:

Video:

Image: Screenshot - 8ed3c19742714213911e8f5699533bc9 - Gyazo

I really want to fix this so please help!

Hazzaaaaaaaaaa, Aug 17, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Home Edition Background Image Problem

I just upgraded to windows 10 and now I cannot set a background image. I did make sure that the "show background" slider was set to on, but still cannot get any image to show on the background. Any Ideas???

Joe_Kennedy, Aug 17, 2015
  4. Cannot change background image on Windows 10

In what way is it not working?

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2015
  5. WhyMe Win User
    Hi ibh and welcome to the forum. *Biggrin

You need to be more descriptive. Please give exact details of everything you have tried so far.

Also, have a look at the TenForums Guide: How to Change your Desktop Background in Windows 10.

WhyMe, Aug 17, 2015
  6. Are you on a domain or no? Wallpaper, lockscreen? Need more info.

GamerwGlasses, Aug 17, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Aug 17, 2015
  8. Cannot change background image on Windows 10

another thought if you have just upgraded, has your windows activated yet
    some options are blocked until its activated

paulsalter, Aug 17, 2015
  9. IBH
    ibh Win User
    Windows is activated

10. IBH
    ibh Win User

11. IBH
    ibh Win User
    Not on a domain. There is a lockscreen wallpaper, which works well (can change it).

12. topgundcp Win User
  13. Bingo Win User

I have the same problem since installing MS updates this morning.

My pc background after the ms auto update and reboot is black on the home screen and I cannot change it.

The solid colours work and I can set them. Pictures are there but win10 does not let me set a picture, it stays black.

Did you find a solution?

Oops sorry. The clue is in the above post and thanks for that. In the Ease of Access Center where I found that the other options ''show windows background'' was turned off... thanks a lot, my problem is now solved.

Bingo, Aug 19, 2015
  14. IBH
    ibh Win User
    Unfortunately, I tried this suggested solution and it only brings back the picture instead of the solid colour. However, cannot change the picture to a different one.

15. WhyMe Win User
    Hi, if you can get the default background picture active via Ease of Access method, then it is possible you should do this. Once you have the picture set as background you can probably choose any picture of your choice via the personalization screen. (with the browse button)

WhyMe, Aug 19, 2015
Thema:

1. Cannot change background image on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot change background

2. Cannot change lockscreen image windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change lockscreen image windows 10: The lock screen cant be changed whatever I do. reboot, or update system or what. my laptop is the new laptop I can't change the lock screen since I bought it FEB 2021 already in a long time. Whatever photo I click, there keeps showing "loading" on the photo even though browse...
  3. windows 10 background image ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 background image ???: Türkçe Merhaba, Windows 10 arka planıma bernie sanders'in png formatında bir fotoğraf yükledim. 2 arka plan pozisyonunda arka plan otomatik dolduruluyor. Orjinal fotoğraf bilgisayarımda yok. Bu nasıl olabilir? İngilizce Hello there, I uploaded a photo in png format...
  4. Background image changes to image not on my PC

Background image changes to image not on my PC: My background on my laptop and desktop changes randomly to images that are not on either machine. The images are related to a work project that I did for a event space. It's clear that it's sync thing happening but none of the several PCs at that venue are related to my MS...
  5. Cannot delete background image from windows

Cannot delete background image from windows: I have a semi transparent image of clouds on all my windows screens, microsoft programmes and on internet sites. I want to delete it, but cannot find it in any of the themes or pictures on my laptop. I have followed all the usual actions using personalisation and display...
  6. Cannot Change Windows 10 Desktop Background

Cannot Change Windows 10 Desktop Background: I am unable to change my Windows 10 Desktop Background to anything except the default blue windows screen or a solid color. I have ensured Windows is activated, disabled changed background blocking in gpedit.msc, changed the windows background in regedit.exe and ensured I...
  7. How to change black background back to an image in Windows 10?

How to change black background back to an image in Windows 10?: I changed my Windows 10 background from an image to a black background. How do I revert back to an image? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-black-background-back-to-an-image-in/a77deecb-6e82-4104-ab18-00ceaf42e1f0
  8. Background Images keeps changing

Background Images keeps changing: How do I keep the background from changing periodically? Thanks 121373
  9. Unable to change desktop background image for my Windows 10

Unable to change desktop background image for my Windows 10: I enabled RSS feed on internet explorer and eversince i'm unable my desktop background has changed to a solid colour. i am able to change to the solid colours but the images dont work both my personal images from my files and the windows default desktop images. My search led...
  10. Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10: How to: Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 How to Change Sign-in Screen Background Image in Windows 10 [img] Information Windows 10 has a new sign in screen that is more modern and touch friendly. By default, you need to dismiss the sign in to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. can not set picture as background

2. cannot change background picture windows 10

3. cannot set backround win 10 choose another photo