Windows 10: Cannot change brightness or find sleep button

Discus and support Cannot change brightness or find sleep button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I can't change the brightness on my screen. Also, the sleep button does not appear either in the power options. Any advice? I am using Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anonymous3TS, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Cannot change brightness or find sleep button

Hi,

I can't change the brightness on my screen. Also, the sleep button does not appear either in the power options. Any advice?

I am using Windows 10 on HP with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics Card.

:)

Anonymous3TS, Apr 8, 2020

2. Sleep function disappeared after Creators update also screen brightness buttons stopped working

After creators update sleep function does not work, power options has no option for sleep.

• In Start>Power sleep does not show, only Hibernate Shut down and Restart.
    • Cannot change screen brightness, buttons stopped working, Action center lost the screen brightness button, Windows Mobility center brightness control has no affect.

JodySolell, Apr 8, 2020
  3. sleep button

Hi,

The previous update you installed could be the cause as to why you encounter this issue. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Can you tell us what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check the Power & sleep settings
    if sleep option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Go to Search then key in Power & Sleep.
    • On far right, select Additional power settings.
    • Select Choose what the power buttons do.
    • Check the Change settings that are currently unavailable, then tick
      Sleep and Save Changes.
    • If you already ticked it, then un-tick it and Save Changes.
    • Go back and tick it again, then Save Changes.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Cannot change brightness or find sleep button

laptop won't sleep can't adjust brightness

Hi,

As you are unable to get the option for sleep in the Start menu, I suggest you to follow the steps provided by
    John T in the link provided below and check:

Why windows 10 buttons are missing sleep and hibernate command?

Also, follow the steps provided below and check if you are able to adjust the brightness.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change brightness or find sleep button

1. Cannot change brightness or find sleep button - Similar Threads - Cannot change brightness

2. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere: Out of nowhere I am unable to change brightness and my screen is stuck on max brightness. There is no brightness option whatsoever in control panel. My drivers are up to date. Fn+F6/7 don't work and there is no option to change brightness in power options either. Running 21H2...
  3. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere: Out of nowhere I am unable to change brightness and my screen is stuck on max brightness. There is no brightness option whatsoever in control panel. My drivers are up to date. Fn+F6/7 don't work and there is no option to change brightness in power options either. Running 21H2...
  4. Cannot change brightness and no brightness option anywhere

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Brightness is all the way up can't change it and the Sleep button is missing... Any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brightness is all the way up can't change it and the Sleep button is missing... Any...: After putting my computer in sleep mode, the brightness option does not work. The brightness of the screen is all the way up and while the buttons on the keyboard and on the Settings seem to show the Brightness Bar changing up and down, the Brightness of the screen does...
  6. Cannot change brightness in laptop.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change brightness in laptop.: So I recently installed windows 10 in my laptop and I am unable to change my brightness. Its set to maximum. I tried updating the display driver and change it but the brightness changing option is not available. Any solution? submitted by /u/vision1009 [link] [comments]...
  7. display brightness cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display brightness cannot be changed: I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-cannot-be-changed/5c97f00d-7966-4c96-89be-ee037afbcd64
  8. cannot change the brightness.

cannot change the brightness.: The screen is very dark and I am unable to locate any brightness adjustment. Working on a Lenovo 520 monitor Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-the-brightness/720a47e5-0e2e-4e28-b4bb-b8ee36edbf9b
  9. Cannot find brightness setting

Cannot find brightness setting: I saw a post on here and the microsoft staff said: "Hi, There are two ways on how to change the screen brightness in a Windows 10 computer. Check these steps: Method 1. Go to Start > Settings > System > Display > Change brightness. Adjust the slider to get your desired...
  10. Cannot Change Brightness

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot Change Brightness: My device was on hold for the 1903 Update, recently the update arrived but since updating I am unable to change the brightness and brightness slider is also missing. Night Light also does not work and toggling the night light option does not activate it. Windows 10 Pro...