Windows 10: Cannot Change Color of Email Category in Windows 10 Mail and Calendar

Discus and support Cannot Change Color of Email Category in Windows 10 Mail and Calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been an avid user of Mail and Calendar, and can usually adapt to the oncoming changes caused by updates. However recently I've been having this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by _Nat, Oct 9, 2018.

1. _Nat Win User

Cannot Change Color of Email Category in Windows 10 Mail and Calendar

I've been an avid user of Mail and Calendar, and can usually adapt to the oncoming changes caused by updates. However recently I've been having this frustrating problem where I am not able to change the color of my calendar. Each time I right click the desired account on the right hand panel and select a new color, it instantly reverts back to a different color that I never even selected. It is doing this across all of my devices, and I've tried changing it each of them to no avail. I've tried resetting the app, logging in and out of the accounts, and even uninstalling and reinstalling. With the use of multiple accounts with a number of different events it is important that I am able to color code the accounts in order to discern between them. I feel this may be a bug due to a recent update and really hoping there is a fix for this.

:)

_Nat, Oct 9, 2018
  2. mousegolf Win User

With other email address -yes but with outlook or hotmail.com-NO

"Nothing else seems to have changed or to be about to change. The only real casualty of the migration is calendar synchronization, which won't work at all on 16.4.3528, crashes the program on 16.4.3563 on Windows 10 and possibly Windows 8.1 too, and works unreliably on 16.4.3564." excerpt from Microsoft Q&A

• POP3 mail accounts - no change
    • IMAP mail accounts - no change
    • NNTP news accounts - no change
    • LDAP contacts directory accounts - no change
    • Account contacts - no change, except that
      • Categories no longer synchronize to People
      • Categories do synchronize between instances of Windows Live Mail
    • Default contacts - no change
    • Default calendar - no change
    • RSS feeds - no change
    • Photo email - no change
    • Storage folders - no change
    • Search for a message - no change
    • Find a message - no change
    • etc. etc.

mousegolf, Oct 9, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    Mail & Calendar App

By default, M&C app will install an outlook account according to your sign in. I sign into W10 with a non MS account "---@gmail.com" so my default account is listed like this, I can't seem to straighten it out/ delete/change it. Suggestions appreciated.

Cannot Change Color of Email Category in Windows 10 Mail and Calendar [​IMG]

meebers, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Mel Tar, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot Change Color of Email Category in Windows 10 Mail and Calendar - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Color

2. Why have the calendar category colors changed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why have the calendar category colors changed?: Today when I opened my calendar, the category colors were all changed. They are muted and look very nice - however I can't tell the difference between categories. There used to be a yellow that is now a muted tan, which looks very close to what used to be brown and orange. If...
  3. Why have the calendar category colors changed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why have the calendar category colors changed?: Today when I opened my calendar, the category colors were all changed. They are muted and look very nice - however I can't tell the difference between categories. There used to be a yellow that is now a muted tan, which looks very close to what used to be brown and orange. If...
  4. Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting: I am using MS 365 on a windows 10 PC. In outlook calendar, my Color Categories or "Categorize" color function stopped working a few months ago. pre windows 10. All of my custom color categories disappeared and the Categorize Color tab reverted to the standard "Blue Green ......
  5. Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting: I am using MS 365 on a windows 10 PC. In outlook calendar, my Color Categories or "Categorize" color function stopped working a few months ago. pre windows 10. All of my custom color categories disappeared and the Categorize Color tab reverted to the standard "Blue Green ......
  6. Outlook Calendar Color Category Keeps Changing / Reverting

7. Outlook Calendar Color Category Keep Changing / Reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook Calendar Color Category Keep Changing / Reverting: I am using MS 365 on a windows 10 PC. In outlook calendar, my Color Categories or "Categorize" color function stopped working a few months ago. pre windows 10. All of my custom color categories disappeared and the Categorize Color tab reverted to the standard "Blue Green ......
  8. Changing Mail App Background Color on Emails

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing Mail App Background Color on Emails: [ATTACH] Hey r/Windows10! I am having a heck of a time getting the mail app to work for me I am wanting to make the app show a dark background where I type emails I've done the personlization dark mode but it doesnt change the email body, and I just cant seem to...
  9. Windows 10 calendar cannot personalize calendar item color

Windows 10 calendar cannot personalize calendar item color: I just recently started using Windows 10 calendar, Version 16005.11231.20192.0, instead of Outlook. The problem is that all of my calendar items show up in red; painful, bright, red. I have tried to use the personalization option to set colors and only some of the window...
  10. Change Accent Color of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Accent Color of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10: How to: Change Accent Color of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 How to Change Accent Color of Mail and Calendar app in Windows 10 The Mail and Calendar apps included with Windows 10 help you stay up to date on your email, manage your schedule and stay in touch with...