Windows 10: Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]

Discus and support Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I work in IT and I have a user who cannot change the default applications in windows settings. The Computer has already been re-imaged and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Annerz7, Jun 9, 2020.

1. Annerz7 Win User

Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]

Hello,

I work in IT and I have a user who cannot change the default applications in windows settings.

The Computer has already been re-imaged and is still having the same problem.

I spoke with the computer manufacturer and they said that I would need to speak with Microsoft about the issue.

Whenever we try and change the default in settings, the settings window crashes and doesn't apply changes.

It seems that it defaults to twinui

I see on Google it says that it could be due to multiple reasons but seeing as it's not my computer and the computer had a previous owner before the current user I cannot say what it is.

Please help.

Thank You,

Anastasia

:)

Annerz7, Jun 9, 2020

2. TWINUI application does not show up in the applications list to set as default .png file viewer.

Original Title: TWINUI file associations

Hi

I need to change my png files to open with TWINUI how do I go about doing that.

TWINUI is not listed in the change file associations applications pop up list?

Thanks!

CraigKarnitz, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Twinui not allow to change default apps.

I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui.

LaVern Anderson, Jun 9, 2020
  4. Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]

PhillipCaprio, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI]

1. Cannot change Default Applications [TWINUI] - Similar Threads - Cannot change Default

2. Default applications switches to TWINUI

in Windows 10 Customization
    Default applications switches to TWINUI: I am trying to change the default applications whichare set as Twinui. The problem is that they are not changing when I select a different app. They convert back to Twinui...
  3. Change Default Application

Change Default Application: How do I change the default application that opens a particular file type? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-default-application/76b98b25-e3f7-4485-bc93-e7c90d629275
  4. Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI

Unable to change default apps, as it switches back to TWINUI: I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui. ***Original title: Twinui not allow to change default apps.***...
  5. Twinui not allow to change default apps.

Twinui not allow to change default apps.: I am unable to change the default apps to the normal apps, they are set to Twinui and will not change when selecting another app. It just keeps reverting back to Twinui....
  6. remove TWINUI from default apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove TWINUI from default apps: I have used and scanned using sfc/scannow , I have used DISM after being logged in as Admin. I have still not removed TWINUI from being selected in default apps. I can still open files I wish after "opening with" which is a nuisance, I still want to remove TWINUI as it...
  7. TWINUI in default apps

TWINUI in default apps: TWINUI is shown in default apps section "Maps" and "Video Player" , how to get rid of it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/twinui-in-default-apps/5558c25a-b11c-4dad-8701-9ce4237c7609
  8. Default applications - not changing

Default applications - not changing: Default applications are not changing in app properties, but in the windows default app settings they are being saved. However, the files still open with their default assigned apps, which is usually not set....
  9. Cannot set default applications

Cannot set default applications: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1803 and am fully up to date on Windows Updates (barring the October update, of course, which is not available at the moment). I cannot set default applications for "Choose default applications by file type", or "Choose default applications by...
  10. Default app: TWINUI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Default app: TWINUI: I have desperately been trying to open some files and unable to. I updated by computer on Friday evening the computer was off but when I got up on Saturday TWINUI became the default app for several programs I states it is recommended by Microsoft, but I seriously doubt that....