Windows 10: Cannot Change Destination of Apps

Discus and support Cannot Change Destination of Apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Currently I cannot change the destination of new apps that I download on to my computer. The box that says "New apps will save to" is greyed out. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jayarsoriano, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Cannot Change Destination of Apps

Currently I cannot change the destination of new apps that I download on to my computer. The box that says "New apps will save to" is greyed out. This is a brand new computer. Please help!

:)

jayarsoriano, Mar 7, 2016

2. Nokia C7 firmware updation

Hi Damodaran,

So that's it? Emax won't listen, neither will Nokia... What are we supposed to do now?

@Jimmyireland: i can remove the access points by long press... but the thing is, the destination named "internet" is not visible under "menu/settings/connectivity/settings/destinations/"... and when i try to create a new destination named "internet", it
    says that the name is already under use. I created another destination named "internet1", and added access points under it, but that doesnt make any difference to the main issue, where apps cannot recognize the Wifi... (apps that can access the wifi include
    opera mobile, ebuddy, etc... and those that cannot access wifi are ovi suite, nokia maps, skype, and most of the rest that need internet)... trying to click "change connection" inside apps (where available) does nothing anymore... no response...

Another issue is the mail program doesnt work

Tousif---01, Mar 7, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Gamebar

I cannot set a saving destination for game bar. Hence it is not opening.I cannot chose the location in setting it is not responding.Is there any other way to choose the destination to save files for windows gamebar?

[Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Xbox on Windows]

jothiram niswandh, Mar 7, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot Change Destination of Apps

Hello and welcome to TenForums *Smile

This feature was not available in the earlier releases of Windows 10 but was introduced with the November update also known as Ver 1511

What version and build are you using? Check by typing winver in the search box.

If your system is new it may need to be updated to the latest Windows 10 version and then you will be able to select new App locations.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/6...dows-10-a.html

philc43, Mar 7, 2016
Thema:

Cannot Change Destination of Apps

1. Cannot Change Destination of Apps - Similar Threads - Cannot Change Destination

2. Photos app - unable to change photos import destination

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photos app - unable to change photos import destination: I am not able to change the destination of my pictures when importing using Photos. I was able to do this a few days ago but something changed. When I clicked on the change the destination button, I get a list of folders that I can use but when I select one, the app clocks...
  3. Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photo App Crashes when trying to change Destination.....: When I connect a camera or insert a SD Card into the laptop, the Photo App opens and finds the new photos, then I click on "Change Destination" to create a new folder to store the photos, a dialog window opens and I create the folder, when i click on "Add this folder to...."...
  4. photo import destination changed

photo import destination changed: Before Dec 2020 started I was able to import pictures and the app would set up a new file in the YYY-MM-DD format for the destination. Now I have to create a new file and each time I import photos, I need to change the destination to the file. Why has this changed? It is a...
  5. Photos app keeps changing photo destination

Photos app keeps changing photo destination: Hello! I've been able to import photos just fine in the past, but recently the Photos app has changed where my photos get imported to. I want to import them to my external hard drive, where they have been going, but Windows keeps changing the destination. This is when I...
  6. Changed destination drive for Windows 10 backup

Changed destination drive for Windows 10 backup: Hi, I would like to change the destination drive for my Windows 10 backup to a different drive. Please tell me if that is possible, and if so, how it can be done. Thank you very much. Rick...
  7. can't change destination on windows10 for uploaded photos

can't change destination on windows10 for uploaded photos: Until recently I was able to change the destination folder of any photos I uploaded from my phone. In the past month or so, it will not let me change the destination, and just crashes when I try. So my photos are all going to the last folder I used before the problem...
  8. How to change my backup destination

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to change my backup destination: I received a message on my PC that my File History Drive needed to be reconnected. When I followed the directions, I discovered that I no longer have that external drive (it got fried!) and I now have another external hard drive. How do I make it my new backup destination?...
  9. Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination

Windows 10 Photos App - crash when changing import destination: Every time I seek to upload photos from any USB device and seek to change the import destination folder, the app crashes. This was not a problem last month. I have followed instructions given on the forum here...
  10. Unable to change the import destination in photos

Unable to change the import destination in photos: Why am I unable to change the destination folder when I try to import photo's from my camera. Every time I try, the app just disappears. I have to import to the folder that is already in the app and then move the pictures. This never used to happen....