Windows 10: Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.

Discus and support Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had to wipe my PC last night because of performance issues that I encountered, however now that I have successfully reset it, I cant install games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/bentheblobfish04, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.

I had to wipe my PC last night because of performance issues that I encountered, however now that I have successfully reset it, I cant install games from Xbox Game Pass because I cant change the drive which new apps will download to in settings. When I try to do so, it says "This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be deleted. Do you want to continue? " upon hitting yes, it reads "The operation did not complete successfully, try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

submitted by /u/bentheblobfish04
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/bentheblobfish04, Jan 10, 2021

2. Error code 0x80070005

Hello Sandra,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message along with the error code of this issue?
    • What exactly are you trying to perform prior to this issue?

I would like to inform that Error 0x80070005 is a Windows Update error.

If you are facing this issue while installing the Windows Updates, I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft Support article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested and check if it helps.

Error 0x80070005 in Windows Update when you try to install updates

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and brief description about this issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 10, 2021
  3. not being able to change where new apps will be saved to

I am unable to change where new apps will be saved to I keep getting error code 0x80070005 when trying to change where new apps will be saved to

ChrisRose123, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Mel Tar Win User

Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.

Mel Tar, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.

1. Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005. - Similar Threads - Cannot change drive

2. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005: Hello, I recently reset my C drive and reinstalled windows Got a new drive. I would like to uninstall my old GamePass games and switch to that hard drive as the default install for new games. Changing the settings in Windows presents me with this error: [ATTACH] When I...
  3. error 0x80070005 change where new content is saved

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    error 0x80070005 change where new content is saved: having some trouble changing drive to save some download apps and games, from default drive C to D even attempting to change drive properties of C: It seems TrustedInstaller limits users to edit various permissions required to run basic task such as 'change where new...
  4. "New apps will save to" 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "New apps will save to" 0x80070005: Getting this issue, already tried every solution I could including: Renaming the WindowsApps file, deleting the WindowsApps file, deleting all existing windows files on said drive, and a bunch of other solutions I found that didn't work. What else can I do to fix this, I'm...
  5. Error Code 0x20070020 when changing where new apps are saved.

Error Code 0x20070020 when changing where new apps are saved.: im lost. this started when i was trying to delete a old windows apps folder, it deleted most, exept 2 games and apps. once this happened, when i tryed to change the place where new apps are saved, i got a 0x20070020 i had another error before this makes me confused. that...
  6. I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005

I can't change where new apps are saved error 0x80070005: So I want to download and install Halo on my PC from Gamepass. When I go to install, I have to pick between my C drive, which doesn't have enough space, and my D drive the one I want to install it to. When I click on D drive, it tells me that I can't, because it isn't my...
  7. Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005

Can't change default app save location to D: drive - error code 0x80070005: Cannot change the default save location to D: drive in settings . Gives error code 0x80070005 and says we couldn't save your default location. Try again in a bit. Without it nothing from the windows store is downloading to the hdd , as space on C drive is low. The install...
  8. Changing where apps will save | "We couldn't set your default save location". Error 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing where apps will save | "We couldn't set your default save location". Error 0x80070005: For the past two days, I've been trying to download games from the Xbox app (from the Game Pass) onto my hard drive, not my SSD. I simply don't have enough space on my SSD and my HDD is there for game storage. Now, putting past my frustrations at how absurdly difficult...
  9. Cannot install games on different drive or change where new apps are saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot install games on different drive or change where new apps are saved: Hello, when I tried reinstalling Forza Horizon 4 on my PC today after a reset the blue 'install' button doesn't seem to work see image. I have tried changing the standard location where new apps are saved from my C drive to my D drive but then get an error with the error code...
  10. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.: I recently reset my windows 10 pc, forgot to delete or uninstall old apps from my hdd, now when i try to change where new apps wil save i get the following message "Delete other apps?: This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be...
Tags: