Windows 10: Cannot change email address for user account

Discus and support Cannot change email address for user account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The email address no longer exists and it needs to be updated to new email address. The Manage option does not allow to change the email address... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GaryDouglas, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Cannot change email address for user account

The email address no longer exists and it needs to be updated to new email address. The Manage option does not allow to change the email address associated with this user account. Someone with an authoritative solution Microsoft?, PLEASE. Why is something so simple apparently impossible to do?

:)

GaryDouglas, Jul 30, 2020
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jul 30, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    different user accounts, only one email address?

Hi Geoff, welcome to the Ten Forums.

In Windows 10 it is not possible to use the same MS account for more than one user account on the same computer. If User-A signs in with an MS account User-A@AnyEmail.com, that MS account (email address) cannot be used to sign in any other user than User-A. User-B needs to use either a different MS account or a local account. However, you can use the same MS account on multiple computers.

There's no way to work around this restriction.

In your case I would simply install Windows 10 on both computers with a local admin account, then create an additional standard user account as an MS account on both computers using the same email address. If any of the two computers requires the gaming account, too, as you explained I would make this account a local account.

Tutorials:

4. Cannot change email address for user account

Change email address without creating a New User Account

Hello Jordan,

Please follow the below mentioned steps to change your email address without creating a New User Account and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start/> Settings/>Accounts/>Your Account

• On the right pane click Manage my Microsoft account, which will take you to online.

• Select Your info from top menu, then click on Manage your sign-in email or phone number. Enter your email account password, when it prompts to do and click Sign-in

• Again it will ask you to verify your Identity through Alternative email address or by
      Phone verification, which will send you a authentication code accordingly.

• Once you enter the verification code push Submit, then click
      Set it up later when it ask for device setup.

• Under Account aliases, click Add email and choose the email either through
      Create a new email address or Add a existing email address, then click
      Add alias

• On completing this, click on Make primary next to the desired email address to make it primary alias.
    You're done with change your email address. Reboot your PC for changes to take place. This procedure won't change or wipe your personal files or settings, instead it will change your email address. Going forward you will be communicated and alerts
    will be sent to new email address. If you want to remove the old email address, then you can do the same by clicking on Remove without any issues.

Let us know how it goes.

SujataMoktan, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change email address for user account

1. Cannot change email address for user account - Similar Threads - Cannot change email

2. Email address change for kids account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address change for kids account.: We recently purchased a desktop for my kids homework. Currently I have a family account and they have used it primarily for an xbox. One have my kids uses his account with an old email address that they all used to share. Now that he is a bit older he has his own email. Can I...
  3. Email address change for kids account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email address change for kids account.: We recently purchased a desktop for my kids homework. Currently I have a family account and they have used it primarily for an xbox. One have my kids uses his account with an old email address that they all used to share. Now that he is a bit older he has his own email. Can I...
  4. Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to change the email address for my Microsoft Account to a new email address?: My mother 83 years created an old Microsoft email address @live.com when she first started using the Microsoft IM. She has used it as the email address for her Microsoft account ever since it was required, but she never used it for personal email or read any email that was...
  5. Change of email address for Microsoft account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change of email address for Microsoft account: Hi, I'm about to retire and that means closing down my company and its web domain and my associated email address. I want to continue to use my Windows 10 computer but with the new private domain name and email address I have recently registered.When I tried to add my new...
  6. Microsoft Account Email Address Change

Microsoft Account Email Address Change: My Microsoft Account was set up some years ago. I have changed ISP since then. The email address associated with my account uses a domain that is no longer valid. My current ISP doesn't recognize the domain and will not process email containing that domain name. I no...
  7. Changing account Profile email address:

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing account Profile email address:: Hi, I will be changing my service provider over the next few weeks and I need to change my account profile email address. any help is needed urgently, Please ARG:...
  8. Adding or changing an account email address

Adding or changing an account email address: I have followed the recommended process for adding an alias email address as a step towards towards changing the email address associated with my Microsoft account from old to new. However, whenever I try to enter my new personal address the response is "You can't add a...
  9. User admin account email address changed to my sons????

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User admin account email address changed to my sons????: My User account on my laptop has been changed so that it is my sons account email address, not mine. How do I change it back to mine? He is a child. I needed to ask permission to myself to use Firefox. I have removed him from our family, and removed the device from his...
  10. Change account email address

Change account email address: My account show an old email address - how can I change that to mt actual email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-account-email-address/633506c1-cfe0-4c18-8547-426cbd59c01b"