Windows 10: Cannot Change File Properties on Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot Change File Properties on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently rebuilt my Windows 10 PC. I have copied my music library for Windows Media Player back on to the PC. Obviously there would be a few items... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Kang Seung Jeun, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Cannot Change File Properties on Windows 10

I recently rebuilt my Windows 10 PC. I have copied my music library for Windows Media Player back on to the PC. Obviously there would be a few items that would need fixing afterwards. However, I cannot make any changes to the file and folders involved. I need to change things like Track#, album art, etc. I have tried a number of things that have not worked at all. I have tried changing the main folder from Read-Only and apply that to all objects inside, did not work. I have verified that my account is Admin level. I have used the Security section to take ownership of the folder and its contents, still cannot change properties. I have taken ownership of the drive itself and still cannot change properties. I have gone into PowerShell to manually change the read only attribute to the main folder. PS DIR command shows -r removed but in File Explorer, Read-Only is still active. The state of the Read-Only is the solid square. Changing to blank or checked makes no difference. Am I missing something simple here?

:)

Kang Seung Jeun, Dec 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Printer Properties

Hi Paul,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to go to printer settings.

• In the search box type “control panel”.
    • Click on “device and printers”.
    • Then you can right click on your printer and then click on properties, change accordingly.
    I suggest you to follow the below article if you face any issues with printer and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-printer-problems

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Cannot Change File Properties on Windows 10

Windows 10 forced download

To stop the download, uninstall the KB3035583 update (under "Control Panel > Windows Update > Installed Updates").

To get rid of the C:\$Windows.~BT folder:
    • Right-click on your C: drive.
    • Select "Properties".
    • Click on [ Disk Cleanup ]
    • After the initial scan: If you have a [ Clean up system files ] button, click it and wait for the second scan to finish.
    • Scroll down the list and look for "Temporary Windows installation files" (its size should be in the gigabytes range); check the box.
    • Click on [ OK ] to start the clean-up.

Static~Charge, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Cannot Change File Properties on Windows 10

1. Cannot Change File Properties on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot Change File

2. Cannot add or change file property values Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add or change file property values Windows 11: I am trying to add missing frame height and width information for a video file. I am unable to add or change any field value in the property details of the file. Clicking on the explorer details field only highlights the file entry. When displaying the property details tab,...
  3. Cannot add or change file property values Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add or change file property values Windows 11: I am trying to add missing frame height and width information for a video file. I am unable to add or change any field value in the property details of the file. Clicking on the explorer details field only highlights the file entry. When displaying the property details tab,...
  4. Cannot edit file properties

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot edit file properties: I am unable to edit the file properties of MP3 files that I have downloaded off the internet. I used to be able to edit them to my heart's content, adding the song's title and artists to help organize them better, but now whenever I download them, the vast majority of them I...
  5. Cannot edit file properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot edit file properties: I am unable to edit the file properties of MP3 files that I have downloaded off the internet. I used to be able to edit them to my heart's content, adding the song's title and artists to help organize them better, but now whenever I download them, the vast majority of them I...
  6. Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed: We have numerous users on a domain and their recycle bin properties are grayed out. It is set to delete immediately and we need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-recycle-bin-properties-cannot-be/a8e52fb9-dad0-4022-896e-6d711395a31c
  7. Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Pro - Recycle Bin Properties Cannot be changed: We have numerous users on a domain and their recycle bin properties are grayed out. It is set to delete immediately and we need to change it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-pro-recycle-bin-properties-cannot-be/a8e52fb9-dad0-4022-896e-6d711395a31c
  8. changing file properties

changing file properties: how can i change a WEBP file into a JPG file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-file-properties/e67e8077-f13f-4910-ba58-69ad61363ad8
  9. Cannot change network adapter properties

Cannot change network adapter properties: I use a laptop with Windows 10 image, it is Dell Precision and three network adapters. But I faced a problem with network adapter settings. I changed the settings and tried to save them but it resulted in an error. “An unexpected condition occurred. Not all of your requested...
  10. Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10: How to: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 [img] Information The properties of some files (ex: music, images, videos, etc...) can contain details (metadata) that tell a lot about the file and possibly personal information. While property details...