Windows 10: Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop.

Discus and support Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This is now my 2nd attempt each one taking hours and having me wade through all kinds of online information which leads me into a dead end loop. And... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Lanzapanda, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop.

This is now my 2nd attempt each one taking hours and having me wade through all kinds of online information which leads me into a dead end loop. And all I want to do is not have to sign in on my windows 10 tablet. i.e. remove the logging in every time it sleeps, reboots or whatever.

So my tablet is on Microsoft account..all i want to do is go back to local.. But I dont have my local password, because it got lost during all the confusion over there being two accounts on the tablet. Local and online.. Of course never actually explained properly because theres no such thing as a user manual for an OS stored on the computer itself.. which is usable anymore as a single reference. Instead its just a mish mash of info which doesnt work online.

So without the local password I cant do anything. I cant change it in the old control panel user accounts or netplwiz, because being on microsoft account took away the change password options, referring me back to the settings. Which then wont allow me to remove the microsoft account without having the local password !

How do I break out this endless loop ?

:)

Lanzapanda, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Sharief K Win User

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop.

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop. :(

Zakin, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop.

1. Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop. - Similar Threads - Cannot change microsoft

2. Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 - Endless login loop with Microsoft account: I have an endless login loop when trying to use my micrsoft linked account to login to windows 10.My account records the attempts as successful but I am returned to the login screen.Does anyone know how to resolve this?I have tried rebooting in safemode with networking. ->...
  3. Cannot change from Microsoft accout to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change from Microsoft accout to local account: When I try to change to local account >Sign in with a local account instead<, the blue screen after entering the password freezes and says 'Sorry, we couldn't verify your identity. Please try again later'. I have to force close Settings. Here's the log of Event...
  4. Endless select account loop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Endless select account loop: Everytime i open my pc it goes to this screen and i can only choose my ’microsoft account’ or ’forgot your password or dont see your account’ and when i choose the password option it only lets me to restart the pc. When i choose my account it says my password is incorrect...
  5. Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account: I set up my main desktop PC with a local account but have now learned the error of my ways and want to change it to a Microsoft Account. All of the online tutorials say to simply click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". But that option is not there. Instead it...
  6. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  7. Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot change from windows 10 microsoft to local account. Endless loop: Running windows 10 home on an asus T100 TAF tablet which is dedicated just for playing music and films in my camper van through a surround system. So I dont want to have to log in and out of the thing everytime it powers down. Yet I cant remove the login and exhausted all the...
  8. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  9. changing accounts from local to Microsoft?

changing accounts from local to Microsoft?: Just a quick question: I have an old netbook on which I have always signed in to a local account, and this is an administrator account. If I want to sign in with my Microsoft account instead, would it still be an administrator account? And would I still be able to use all the...
  10. Local account log in problem - "Signing Off" endless loop

Local account log in problem - "Signing Off" endless loop: Recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite NB 10A-laptop from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 and have been logging in via my Hotmail account. Went to settings to set up Local Account, completed the password settings. Then had the choice to Sign Off or Cancel. Chose Sign Off (thinking...