Windows 10: Cannot change GPU option Windows 10

Discus and support Cannot change GPU option Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a 1070 card and a 970 GTX card installed. I need two graphics cards to accommodate my 4k displays without issues with applications, but cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Incendiarycalm, May 29, 2020.

1. Cannot change GPU option Windows 10

I have a 1070 card and a 970 GTX card installed. I need two graphics cards to accommodate my 4k displays without issues with applications, but cannot afford two 1070 cards so I'm using my prior graphics card with my current one.

For some reason Windows 10 recognizes the 970 as every graphics option: default, power saving, and high performance. So I cannot use the graphics card for the apps I need it for such as graphic work. I can see under monitor properties that one of my 4k displays is registering the card effectively. How can I change what Windows 10 forces these settings to be, because with these settings, the 1070 card is useless to me.

Thanks.

:)

Incendiarycalm, May 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 29, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Major BUG: GPU-Z causes Windows 10 PC to hard lock

I am a proud beta tester of GPU-Z! Also, I have suggested many features/new functions over the years, many of which were implemented by GPU-Z author. *Smile Cannot change GPU option Windows 10 :)
    So, I like GPU-Z and do not want to use anything else for this.

Could be not GPU-Z, in fact. Maybe a combination of those latest AMD Radeon drivers+my Windows 10 being Insider Preview.
    MY Windows 10 OS is the Insider Preview kind, maybe I should have mentioned that.

RE Core Temp, I have translated it into Bulgarian, and also suggested some new features, implemented by author (for Core Temp, just a few - less than those I suggested for GPU-Z). *Smile Cannot change GPU option Windows 10 :)
    So, likewise I like it and do not want to stop using it. *Wink Cannot change GPU option Windows 10 ;)

4. Monk.e83 Win User

Cannot change GPU option Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, May 29, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change GPU option Windows 10

1. Cannot change GPU option Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Cannot change GPU

2. Change gpu 1 to gpu 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change gpu 1 to gpu 0: I have windows 11, when i play any game, every one or five minutes i get fps drops and some lag spikes, i dont think that my laptop has problems, when i enter to see in the process manager i see that the intelR UHD Graphics 630 it's gpu 0 and uses the 3D, when my gpu 1 NVIDIA...
  3. Can't change GPU on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change GPU on Windows 10: My laptop has 2 display adapters: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics integrated and AMD Radeon 530 dedicated. The graphics settings displays the same GPU R5 Graphics on power saving and high performance. I've also tried using AMD Catalyst, AMD Crimson, and AMD Adrenalin to find a way to...
  4. Can't change GPU on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change GPU on Windows 10: My laptop has 2 display adapters: AMD Radeon R5 Graphics integrated and AMD Radeon 530 dedicated. The graphics settings displays the same GPU R5 Graphics on power saving and high performance. I've also tried using AMD Catalyst, AMD Crimson, and AMD Adrenalin to find a way to...
  5. Can't change GPU on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Cannot change folder and search options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change folder and search options.: I am the system administratorWhen I go to change folder and search options, a popup appears that says 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' I have checked group policies, nothing. I have...
  7. Cannot change folder and search options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change folder and search options.: I am the system administratorWhen I go to change folder and search options, a popup appears that says 'This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator.' I have checked group policies, nothing. I have...
  8. Cannot change folder and search options.

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Cannot change Windows 10 AutoPlay options for DSLR camera

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot change Windows 10 AutoPlay options for DSLR camera: I'm trying to configure Win10 to start the program of my choosing when I plug my Canon 5D DSLR camera into a USB port. If I plug my Olypus TG-6 into a USB port the computer recognizes this camera as "Memory card" under the "Camera storage" section of the Control Panel >...
  10. Cannot upgrade to windows 10 because of GPU.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot upgrade to windows 10 because of GPU.: Hello All, So I am currently running into the problem of trying to upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10 but I keep getting a message that says my graphics card is not compatible with windows 10. I have a PNY GeForce 1060 on a GIGABYTE Z370XP SLI. I just...