Windows 10: cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in

Discus and support cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello, I've seen those questions on the forum but there aren't any answers, and google doesn't help whenever I try to change the drive it keeps giving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by erty1155, Mar 15, 2021.

1. erty1155 Win User

cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in

hello, I've seen those questions on the forum but there aren't any answers, and google doesn't help

whenever I try to change the drive it keeps giving me the error 0x80070005. I bought Forza Horizon 4 on ms store but I can't download it on any drive except C. can anyone help me?

:)

erty1155, Mar 15, 2021

2. Windows 10 app saving to drives

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    how to save new apps by changing default location?

Hello,

In Windows 10, applications that are downloaded from Windows Store are automatically installed in the Windows Apps Folder. However, if you want your apps to be installed on another drive you can follow the steps bellow:

• Click on Start > Settings > System >
      Storage.
    • Go to the Save Locations section,
    • Click on the drop down menu below New apps will save to and then select the desired partition or drive.

Windows 10 will automatically install apps downloaded from the Windows Store in the new installation folder. For the ones that were already installed in your system, you can move them manually to the new location by:

• Go to Start > Settings > System >
      App & features.
    • Launch a search by typing the name of the desired app into the Type an app name field. Once found, select the app from the list and click on the
      Move button.
    • Select the destination drive and click Move.

Should you have further questions please let us know.

Jelo Sen, Mar 15, 2021
  4. cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in

Changed "New apps will save to" drive, still saving on other drive, Windows 10

Hi! I've changed the "New apps will save to" options from my C drive to my D drive, however, when I install new programs they're still saving to my C drive. Has anyone had a problem with this before? Cheers!

Leah Chatter, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in

1. cannot change in which drive new apps are saved in - Similar Threads - cannot change drive

2. Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing the location in which new apps are saved to.: I recently got a new ssd which now has windows 10, i am using the xbox game pass app to try and download games however when i am sent to the windows settings to change where the new apps are saved to, i.e. from my C: ssd to E: hdd it wont allow me to set it as my default save...
  3. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to change drive where new apps will save to 0x80070005: Hello, I recently reset my C drive and reinstalled windows Got a new drive. I would like to uninstall my old GamePass games and switch to that hard drive as the default install for new games. Changing the settings in Windows presents me with this error: [ATTACH] When I...
  4. Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change drive where new apps are saved, error code 0x80070005.: I had to wipe my PC last night because of performance issues that I encountered, however now that I have successfully reset it, I cant install games from Xbox Game Pass because I cant change the drive which new apps will download to in settings. When I try to do so, it says...
  5. Change where new apps will save to

Change where new apps will save to: I got xbox game pass and when trying to install it says I have to set up a new install location. When I try to do this it doesn't coming up with an error code which I have yet to find a solution to...
  6. Cannot install games on different drive or change where new apps are saved

Cannot install games on different drive or change where new apps are saved: Hello, when I tried reinstalling Forza Horizon 4 on my PC today after a reset the blue 'install' button doesn't seem to work see image. I have tried changing the standard location where new apps are saved from my C drive to my D drive but then get an error with the error code...
  7. Unable to change which Disk Windows 10 saves/installs new apps to.

Unable to change which Disk Windows 10 saves/installs new apps to.: When attempting to change the default Disk from C: to my internal HDD D: I receive the following error. “We couldn’t save your default save location. The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005, in case you need it.” I...
  8. Cannot change where New Content is saved

Cannot change where New Content is saved: I have gone to my "Change Where New Content Is Saved" page in Settings in an attempt to change the location where my Pictures are stored. However, the drop down box is locked at C. In fact they are all locked on C. How can I correct this?...
  9. Cannot "change where new content is saved"

Cannot "change where new content is saved": Microsoft has been updating so often that when one update notice has cleared, another shows up by the end of the day. That said... 2 weeks ago, all of my files starting saving to disk C when they should be saving to disk D. I spotted it today & have spent the morning moving...
  10. Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to change drive where new apps will save to.: I recently reset my windows 10 pc, forgot to delete or uninstall old apps from my hdd, now when i try to change where new apps wil save i get the following message "Delete other apps?: This drive has apps from another device. To use this drive, the other apps must first be...