Windows 10: Cannot change Key bindings on many new games

Discus and support Cannot change Key bindings on many new games in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Recently wahtever game I install most of them ahve the option to cahange they keys, but everytime I change them, they wont take effect. I restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Adamfazai, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Adamfazai Win User

Cannot change Key bindings on many new games

Hi

Recently wahtever game I install most of them ahve the option to cahange they keys, but everytime I change them,

they wont take effect. I restart the game, sometimes I see the new keys which I change are shown there but no effect. Other times they just reset back to their default value.

I am sure the save game folder are not read only.

Games like :

Red Dead Redemption 2

Borderlands 3

Sekiro

Is there maybe something wrong with my win 10?

:)

Adamfazai, Jan 30, 2021
  2. wtf8269 Win User

HL2 Key Binding

Does anybody know if it's possible to bind more than one key to a single command? I'd like to bind a keyboard key in addition to the left mouse button to fire. This way I can program a macro for my G15 to throw a grenade, take out the gravity gun, pick up the grenade, and throw the grenade all with the push of one key.

wtf8269, Jan 30, 2021
  3. [dmol] Win User
    Key Bind

I pressed some kind of key bind or key while I was playing a game and now my desktop and any programs I open have different border and the desktop is outlined and opened programs are different colors. How do I fix this/what is the key bind for this?

If it helps, the top borderline of the google chrome window is now purple when it used to be white I believe, and the open programs are highlighted in a light blue/teal color.

[dmol], Jan 30, 2021
  4. Cannot change Key bindings on many new games

Windows Key Bindings

Hi Hampton,

This concern happens when an application was set with a shortcut key to open. To help you resolve this concern, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the application that tend to open when pressing the Ctrl
      + B shortcut key.
    • Click on Properties.
    • A new window will pop up. Under Shortcut tab, look for
      Shortcut key:
      . Clear it by pressing Backspace or
      Delete
      button. Click on Apply.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Cannot change Key bindings on many new games

1. Cannot change Key bindings on many new games - Similar Threads - Cannot change Key

2. Faulty Key binds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Faulty Key binds: Hi,Suddenly as i was typing three of my key binds q, w, and e stopped responding. As i looked for ways to fix it like updating my keyboard drivers, the key binds came back to life and i was able to type for a very short period of time. From then they have not worked and a day...
  3. Faulty Key binds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Faulty Key binds: Hi,Suddenly as i was typing three of my key binds q, w, and e stopped responding. As i looked for ways to fix it like updating my keyboard drivers, the key binds came back to life and i was able to type for a very short period of time. From then they have not worked and a day...
  4. Keyboard binding to random keys when playing games

Keyboard binding to random keys when playing games: Whenever I play a game on steam or epic games store, the majority of my keys on my wired keyboard randomly stops working properly. It works for a bit in the beginning though. This issue only happens when I play a game. It works normally with browsers, Microsoft word, etc.I...
  5. Shortcut key binding...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shortcut key binding...: I've already used "CTRL + Alt + P" for other supposed for A thing but I uninstalled it. Now I want to bind the same key combination CTRL + Alt + P for other supposed for B thing. But Win doesn't allowing me to do it.Any ideas around it?I also don't know where to categories...
  6. Shortcut key binding...

Shortcut key binding...: I've already used "CTRL + Alt + P" for other supposed for A thing but I uninstalled it. Now I want to bind the same key combination CTRL + Alt + P for other supposed for B thing. But Win doesn't allowing me to do it.Any ideas around it?I also don't know where to categories...
  7. useful key binds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    useful key binds: BOOT: f2* and f12sign in: none currentlyin windows: ctrl alt delete, win + r , alt + tab some others im to lazy to list* this is pretty good because it goes into boot menu witch if the manufacture hasn't removed it looking at you kogan or given it a custom one im looking at...
  8. Changing key bind for screen captures.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing key bind for screen captures.: Hello, my Windows 10 uses Fn, Alt and PrtSc to copy a screenshot to the clipboard, however my previous laptop uses just only PrtSc to copy a screenshot to clipboard. Is there a way I can change the keybind? submitted by /u/CyanaAquarius_ [link] [comments]...
  9. Prevent games from disabling global key bindings.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent games from disabling global key bindings.: Dark Souls, most Bethesda games and a few others love locking global hotkeys, IE I have ctrl and pageup to fast forward to skip ads on podcasts, it gets annoying when I have to alt tab away.... The media keys work half the time but only for default...
  10. How would I bind a key to change current on screen games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How would I bind a key to change current on screen games?: So I'm trying to play two games at once, I want to be able to alt tab between them with ease. How would I set that up? Thanks *Biggrin Fullscreen windowed games, too. 29069