Windows 10: Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

Discus and support Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by wimyogya, Nov 26, 2018.

1. wimyogya Win User

Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

Hello,

I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing...
    Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language)
    Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages.
    It worked...

But...
    Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default US KEYBOARD again.
    And more trouble: I can NOT set it back!
    The Dutch US International keyboard is still ok.

When trying I noticed a red warning text on the top of the settings page.
    Something like: Some features are hidden or managed by your organisation.

But there IS no organisation attached to my private pc. I am retired.
    Searches came up with instructions: Steps to reset Local Group Policy Editor to default.
    I downloaded and clicked their recommended bat file for this process: Restore-GPEDIT.bat
    No effect at all!

What is the cause?
    And what is the remedy?

Thanks for helping!
    Wim

:)

wimyogya, Nov 26, 2018
  2. jhadstate Win User

Keyboard Language Selection-English International

I used to be able to select English International as a keyboard so that I could get my Spanish characters on my keyboard without a whole lot of hoop jumping to select the common characters. What is the story? I hate it when Microsoft makes these kinds
    of major changes without saying anything or asking if you want to change. I want my English International setting back for my keyboard.

jhadstate, Nov 26, 2018
  3. CMNeil Win User
    English International Keyboard for Windows 10

Hi, I just switched from Windows 7 to Windows 10 at work and was trying to switch to English - International (my home laptop has Windows 10 and English International is the default on it). However, English - International does not exist in the language keyboard
    options anymore. I have searched several question chains, and the issues were all resolved by going to time and language and switching the keyboard. However, this keyboard is not an option, and there appears to be no equivalent that I can find.

Best,

CM Neil

CMNeil, Nov 26, 2018
  4. CMNeil Win User

English International Keyboard for Windows 10

For anyone having the same problem, I finally figured it out:

Instead of English - International being an actual language option, it is an option under English (United States).

Settings > Time & Language > Region & language

Click on English (United States)

Select "Options"

Select "Add a keyboard"

Select "United States-International QWERTY"

My preference is to removed the other keyboard options.

Best,

CM Neil

CMNeil, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International - Similar Threads - Cannot change keyboard

2. US-ENGLISH keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    US-ENGLISH keyboard missing: After I added the Chinese simplified keyboard I can't switch back to English-US keyboard. The English-US option does not even show up in the language bar. How do I solve this issue?...
  3. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  4. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    us-international keyboard: When I had to re-install Windows 10 because of problems with the Windows 11 upgrade involving my Realtek audio drivers, I find that I can no longer install the US-International keyboard which I have used for several years in Windows 10 for typing in Spanish. Why was it...
  5. us-international keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 English us or international ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 English us or international ?: Which language of windows10 should i choose us english or international ? 170425
  7. Windows10 english us or international ?

Windows10 english us or international ?: Which language of windows10 should i choose us english or international ? 170425
  8. Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot change keyboard for English from US to US International: Hello, I am new in W10. Still busy installing and familiarizing... Installed my TWO main languages: English/US and DUTCH (my native language) Installed the US INTERNATIONAL keyboard for both languages. It worked... But... Today I noticed that my ENGLISH US has the default...
  9. WINDOWS 10 ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL OR US

in Windows 10 Customization
    WINDOWS 10 ENGLISH INTERNATIONAL OR US: Hello You have explained as to why download English International for people uyse 10 in India but have you been asked how to enter @ with a UK Keyboard layout I had to format and reinstall Windows 7 U and...
  10. US keyboard + UK English

US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942