Windows 10: Cannot change Language hot keys

Discus and support Cannot change Language hot keys in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I currently have multiple languages inputs set up. Alt+Shift can be used to switch between them. As it happens, this key combination conflicts with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tyrannischgott, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Cannot change Language hot keys

I currently have multiple languages inputs set up. Alt+Shift can be used to switch between them. As it happens, this key combination conflicts with another program I use, so I would like to disable it.

I go to my language settings by simply typing "Language" in the search box. At the top right, there is a related link that says "Spelling, typing, and keyboard settings". If I click that and scroll down, there's an option for "Advanced keyboard settings". Clicking that brings me to a page with an option for "Input language hot keys".

Cannot change Language hot keys ac66f7a6-ef9c-420a-9717-b9d6db1015be?upload=true.png

Cannot change Language hot keys a426d468-9275-4a44-ae61-d83c3429d9e4?upload=true.png Cannot change Language hot keys 76030c53-42fa-4e36-84c5-7c222eea2d2e?upload=true.png

This, I believe, is where I would change this setting. However, if I click that link, I get the following error message.

Cannot change Language hot keys 94533f63-79d9-4f5f-b31d-69ff7b4925c4?upload=true.png

My guess and this is just a guess is that windows changed the way language settings work, by moving them to a new location in the control panel. However, they forgot to update the links. So this setting link is trying to run control panel in a way that opens up a particular set of options, but that set of options doesn't exist anymore so it throws an error.

Anyway, please let me know if there is any way to resolve this. I am willing to edit the registry to get rid of the hot key if necessary.

:)

tyrannischgott, Apr 12, 2020

2. The function "Change language bar hot keys " has a bug.

Hi Chen,

We would like to know more about your concern. Kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • Were the hotkeys settings on your Windows 10 computer ever worked before?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you reconfigure your hotkeys settings by setting your key sequence to Not Assigned. To do this refer to the steps below:

• Go to Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Language > Advanced Settings.
    • Under Switching input methods, select Change language bar hot keys.
    • Select Between input languages, and then click Change Key Sequence.
    • Set Switch Keyboard Layout to Not Assigned.
    • Restart your computer.
    Once you're done with the process, you may then proceed to reconfigure your language bar hot keys to your desired settings. You may follow the steps above and select your preferred keyboard layout.

Should you need further assistance, let us know.

Monica Cam, Apr 12, 2020
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    A Hot key for Ukrainian input language does not work.

Hi,

We need to gather more information for us to better assist you on your Ukrainian language hot key concern. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did the Ukrainian language hot key issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Do you experience the issue when changing the key sequence of Ukrainian language?
    • Have you installed the language pack and the basic typing files of the Ukrainian language?
    • When you add a language, you will see the language icon beside the time and date. Does the language icon change when you press the hot key for the Ukrainian language?

Argel Obm, Apr 12, 2020
  4. Cannot change Language hot keys

A Hot key for Ukrainian input language does not work.

Thanks for reply.

The issue exists on all computers with fresh installation of Windows 1709! Try it yourself.

I've tried several key sequences for Ukrainian input language and none of them work. The icon in systray not changing, but I can click on it or press Win + Space and choose the language I need and it works fine.

Dmytro Omelyan, Apr 12, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change Language hot keys

1. Cannot change Language hot keys - Similar Threads - Cannot change Language

2. hot key for Hebrew input language is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hot key for Hebrew input language is not working.: 1 Go to advanced keyboard settings.2 Input language hotkeys.3 Add any hotkey for Hebrew language keyboard.4 Press the hotkey for Hebrew language keyboard.5 It does not switch to Hebrew....
  3. Input language hot keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    Input language hot keys: Hello,Recently I purchased a new computer Lenovo yoga i7, Windows 10.I've set three input languages, and I assign a hotkey alt+shift to change between them. The three languages are English, Hebrew, and Coptic a keyboard supported by the program Keyman. Every time I turn off...
  4. Language change Hot Keys

Language change Hot Keys: Hello, I would like to ask this question regarding a recent mini-problem I came across. Today when I tried to change language using Win key and space it didn't and after a lot of digging in the settings of my system I found that this combination turned on and off Game mode,...
  5. Language hot keys keep automatically reseting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language hot keys keep automatically reseting: I use many languages in my every day work so the hot keys feature in "Language bar options" is essential to me, but for some reason it keeps reseting itself back to default. I had the same issue for years on my old Dell XPS 13 and now that I bought a Surface Book 2 I thought...
  6. Input Language Hot key resetting at boot

Input Language Hot key resetting at boot: Hello, Windows 10 seems to have a bug regarding changing an Input Language Hot key. I set "Ctrl+5" to switch to GR keyboard language but everytime I reboot, this setting is reset to "(none)"! This does not happen if I sing in with a local account. I do have all my...
  7. Questions about Hot Keys for input Languages

Questions about Hot Keys for input Languages: Hello. Would be grateful if any kind soul would explain me how to fix a problem. I use 4 languages quite frequently, so the hot keys sound quite nice. Yet when I try to set them up, I get slightly different options. To be specific, I want all my languages to be hot-keyed to...
  8. hot key for keyboard language change

hot key for keyboard language change: Is there a way to change the keyboard swapping hotkey on windows 10 from the windows key + space, to control + space, like it was on windows 7? I feel like the current hotkey is quite counter productive, because if you enter the keystroke too fast, sometimes it doesn't...
  9. Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving

in Windows 10 Support
    Language Bar Hot Keys Not Saving: I'm having a bit of a strange error and Googling around hasn't netted me any results. Basically, I have several languages I use with Windows 10 and I want to be able to switch to them by number using the keyboard shortcuts. This was no problem before, but now that I've...
  10. Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?

in Windows 10 Support
    Hot key for changing languages (Win+Spacebar) disabled?: After the latest update, I notice that the Win+Spacebar hot key no longer works, and when I go to configure the language bar, it is not even an option any more. Am I missing something? 31550