Windows 10: Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

Discus and support Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set up my main desktop PC with a local account but have now learned the error of my ways and want to change it to a Microsoft Account. All of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MichaelFiguresItOut, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

I set up my main desktop PC with a local account but have now learned the error of my ways and want to change it to a Microsoft Account.

All of the online tutorials say to simply click the "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead".

But that option is not there.

Instead it gives me the option to "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically".

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/MichaelFiguresItOut
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MichaelFiguresItOut, Jul 15, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Yaqub K Win User
    Local Account password changed to Online Account Password

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the steps on how to switch from Microsoft account to Local account:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Local account instead.
    • Enter your Microsoft account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the Local account and click OK.
    • Now, login to Local account.
    Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 15, 2020
  4. Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

how to change local account to Microsoft account

Hi Linda,

To change your login settings from local account to Microsoft account, please follow the steps below:

• Click on Start menu and select Accounts.
    • Select Your email and accounts and click on Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Type the details for your Microsoft Account.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Jul 15, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account

1. Cannot change Local Account to Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Cannot change Local

2. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  3. Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem changing for a local account to a Microsoft account.: Hello, I just set up Windows 10 on my new laptop, but when I finished the set up and started to use it in the settings my account was labelled as a Lokal account. When I click on login I only get a error message that there was a problem with nothing else. It’s seems like the...
  4. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  5. Can't change local account to microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change local account to microsoft account: I couldn't sign into the xbox app and widgets said I wasn't online, so i changed my admin microsoft account to a local account. When trying to change it back to a microsoft account i always get: Oops something went wrong. When i try to sign into my account via browser it...
  6. Cannot change from Microsoft accout to local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot change from Microsoft accout to local account: When I try to change to local account >Sign in with a local account instead<, the blue screen after entering the password freezes and says 'Sorry, we couldn't verify your identity. Please try again later'. I have to force close Settings. Here's the log of Event...
  7. Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change from Microsoft Account to Local Account: Hi, When i first start up my new laptop, I used Microsoft Account to sign in and install all the program and apps including Microsoft Office. Now if I would like to change to Local Account, are the program and apps will remain the same or I will still need to install again?...
  8. Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing from a local account to a Microsoft Account: Hi, I've been trying to change my local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 10, but I haven't been able to do so. No option appears saying "Sign in with a Microsoft account instead". In the "Your info" section (Settings > Accounts > Your info), it displays my current...
  9. Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change Microsoft account to Local account for logon: Hello new to these forums and to Windows 10 in general - Windows 7 reasonably OK with. I bought a new laptop running Windows 10 Home 64 bit, and the initial setup left me with my Microsoft account and password as my sign in and my User folder as the first 5 letters of my...
  10. Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot link Microsoft Account to Local Account: I just updated to Windows 10 and the account I migrated from Windows 7 won't let me link my Microsoft account. Windows Store crashes when I click Sign In, and any other button that would bring up a dialog box is just unresponsive (Cortana, User Settings, ect.) I've created...