Windows 10: Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro]

Discus and support Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro] in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this exact question has been posted here. So sorry if its repeated.. I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper for Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Singularity93, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro]

I'm not sure if this exact question has been posted here. So sorry if its repeated..

I cannot change the lock screen wallpaper for Windows 10. Clicking on the browse button and selecting any image shows the below loading icon but then the preview just goes back to the current image and nothing else happens.

Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro] f44ca777-09ad-498b-99ea-045626297e30?upload=true.png

I even tried changing the image from pictures > set as lock screen, but that does nothing as well.

I think this issue has popped up after the recent cumulative update (i don't know the exact KB number)

Can someone plz suggest a fix fo this?? I've checked out some similar issues online n some of the results included changing stuff in the registry n really complicated answers. So I would appreciate a simple solution...

Thanks in advance!!

:)

Singularity93, Nov 16, 2018

2. unable to change the lock screen Wallpaper.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Are you facing issues while trying to change the lock screen Wallpaper?

• Are you not able to choose the directory where the wallpapers has been saved?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to restart the computer and check if you are able to successfully change the lock screen wallpaper.

• From Desktop, right click and select
      Personalize

• In Personalization window, click on
      Lock Screen
      in the left pane.

• And choose wallpaper you would like to apply for the lock screen by choosing the browse option.

• Close the Personalization window.
    If the issue still persists, please do reply with the required information. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 16, 2018
  3. _DEREK_ Win User
    Windows 10 lock screen wallpaper won't change.

Hey Akheel Ahmed P, thanks for the reply but your solution didn't work for me, the thread you linked me to suggested opening "gpedit msc" but seeing as I am on windows 10 home and not pro, I can't invoke the editor. Any other ways to make sure my lock
    screen wallpaper doesn't change at all?

_DEREK_, Nov 16, 2018
  4. Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro]

Windows 10 Surface Pro 3 Looking for lock screen photo location

Hi Dennis,

To find the location of Windows wallpaper images, we suggest following these steps:

• Open File Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\Web.
    • You'll find separate folders labeled Wallpaper and Screen.
    • Screen folder contains images for Windows 10 lock screen.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Gerard Qui, Nov 16, 2018
Thema:

Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro]

1. Cannot change lock screen wallpaper [Windows 10 Pro] - Similar Threads - Cannot change lock

2. Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.: After a recent Windows Update, I tried changing the lock screen wallpaper but the wallpaper has changed to a picture which i had set as a wallpaper 3-4 months ago. The picture was also deleted before 2-3 months but it is set as the wallpaper and is not changing. I tried...
  3. Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lock Screen Wallpaper not Changing.: After a recent Windows Update, I tried changing the lock screen wallpaper but the wallpaper has changed to a picture which i had set as a wallpaper 3-4 months ago. The picture was also deleted before 2-3 months but it is set as the wallpaper and is not changing. I tried...
  4. changing wallpaper for lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    changing wallpaper for lock screen: i need to ulock edge to get new wallpaper for lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wallpaper-for-lock-screen/8d4591d8-c9ba-4c53-932f-0a85867662c8
  5. changing wallpaper for lock screen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    changing wallpaper for lock screen: i need to ulock edge to get new wallpaper for lock screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-wallpaper-for-lock-screen/8d4591d8-c9ba-4c53-932f-0a85867662c8
  6. changing wallpaper for lock screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Cannot change lock screen wallpaper. Cannot type anything into windows search.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot change lock screen wallpaper. Cannot type anything into windows search.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Yasef00 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lj49xw/cannot_change_lock_screen_wallpaper_cannot_type/
  8. Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't change wallpaper in lock screen in Windows 10: From the last update i can't change wallpaper in lock screen it says ”Some settings are hidden„ please help Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-change-wallpaper-in-lock-screen-in-windows-10/b2cd205d-3f7c-4279-8a53-620cd59cd319
  9. How to change lock screen wallpaper on Windows 10 Pro 1809?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to change lock screen wallpaper on Windows 10 Pro 1809?: Dear Microsoft team, I found a way to do it using the registry and some powershell scripts but each time we connect into the system and disconnect, the wallpaper disappears. According to some internet forums, it is impossible with Pro version. Can you confirm or provide...
  10. Lock screen wallpaper will not change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock screen wallpaper will not change: Hello, Upon upgrading to Windows 10, I've noticed that my lock screen image did not move across with the upgrade. Also, when I try to change the lock screen image through settings, it never shows up. It only shows the color that is set for the settings. Has anyone else...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cannot change lock screen wallpaper on audit mode