Windows 10: Cannot change mic privacy settings and thus cannot use my microphone. Help would be...

Discus and support Cannot change mic privacy settings and thus cannot use my microphone. Help would be... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Bigbopisboi [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Bigbopisboi, Apr 11, 2020.

1. Cannot change mic privacy settings and thus cannot use my microphone. Help would be...

/u/Bigbopisboi, Apr 11, 2020
  2. Rose Ter Win User

Camera and Microphone Privacy

Hi Moustafa,

This issue occurs due to permission issue, driver issue, license for an app is out of sync with the license installed on the computer or if the app is not updated. To give permission to Camera and Microphone app, you may follow
    these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Look for Camera, make sure that “Let apps use my camera” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your camera as well.
    • Go back to Privacy and select Microphone, make sure that “Let apps use my microphone” is turned On. You may choose the apps that can use your microphone as well.

If the issue persists, we would suggest that you check out this
    link
    . This will provide you troubleshooting steps regarding Camera and Microphone issues.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Apr 11, 2020
  3. Microphone detecting sound but mic isn't actually recording

Based on your reply, it looks like you’ve successfully installed all updates on the driver. If that doesn’t resolve the issue, you might want to check on the privacy settings. You can follow these steps to check on the microphone's privacy settings:

• Simultaneously press Windows + I to open settings.
    • Select Privacy.
    • Go to Microphone.
    • Make sure that mic is turned on. Under Let apps use my microphone, you will see an indicator if it’s on or not.

Don’t hesitate to give us updates on your concern.

Arthur Rui, Apr 11, 2020
  4. Cannot change mic privacy settings and thus cannot use my microphone. Help would be...

Help with external mic.

Hi AkkiUppal,

The Dell Inspiron 15 7000 does have 1 x audio/microphone combined port. Have you installed the headset drivers from the manufacturers website? (Razer in this case)

I would also suggest looking at privacy settings. Please try the following steps:

- Open Settings

- Select Privacy

- Select Microphone (left-hand side underneath the App permissions heading)

- Select Change

- Ensure this option is set to 'On'

- Toggle the option underneath the heading 'Allow apps to access your microphone' to 'On'

- Scroll down and toggle 'On' to the apps that will be using a microphone (i.e Skype)

Hope this helps,

Nathan

NathanT_06, Apr 11, 2020
Thema:

Cannot change mic privacy settings and thus cannot use my microphone. Help would be...

1. Cannot change mic privacy settings and thus cannot use my microphone. Help would be... - Similar Threads - Cannot change mic

2. Cannot use camera or microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use camera or microphone: Hey all,This forum has helped me greatly in the past, and I hope you can help me with this. Recently both my PC and laptop did the latest Windows 10 update. Ever since, I cannot use facetime, or any other program, site, or app on either my PC or Laptop with my microphone or...
  3. Cannot change my microphone quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change my microphone quality: I have a professional microphone and ever since i bought my new computer I cannot change the quality in the advanced microphone settings. It used to be at studio quality but now only dvd and cd show. It is very frustrating...
  4. Cannot change my microphone quality

Cannot change my microphone quality: I have a professional microphone and ever since i bought my new computer I cannot change the quality in the advanced microphone settings. It used to be at studio quality but now only dvd and cd show. It is very frustrating...
  5. Cannot change my microphone quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Problem with Mic: Microphone is recognized as headset/headphones and thus cannot be used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Mic: Microphone is recognized as headset/headphones and thus cannot be used: Hello,I recently switched to Windows 11 but even before that, I still had the same problem: When I put my Rode Lavalier Go into the microphone jack front, it is not recognized as a mic anymore i.e as Input, but rather as headphones Output. See images below. My PC is a Dell...
  7. Problem with Mic: Microphone is recognized as headset/headphones and thus cannot be used

Problem with Mic: Microphone is recognized as headset/headphones and thus cannot be used: Hello,I recently switched to Windows 11 but even before that, I still had the same problem: When I put my Rode Lavalier Go into the microphone jack front, it is not recognized as a mic anymore i.e as Input, but rather as headphones Output. See images below. My PC is a Dell...
  8. I cannot change my microphone privacy settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I cannot change my microphone privacy settings.: I have windows pro. I have upgraded from my the "home" edition to "pro" edition for $100 and even using the gpuedit work around cannot unlock microphone....
  9. "microphone privacy settings"

in Windows 10 Customization
    "microphone privacy settings": I've been trying to get my microphone working for my computer. it was working before and now it stopped working. and not just this microphone. but any other microphones as well. in every app I've tried to talk to others with. it stats that I need to change my privacy settings...
  10. settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic'

in Windows 10 Support
    settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic': in settings > privacy > microphone > 'allow apps to access mic' when this is off, sites do not work (like google hangouts, all else) im guessing that win10 is not disabling hangouts, but that's it's disabling chrome's access to mic entirely this is extremely bad...